A Grown Woman RAPES A Young Boy – And Now HE Has To Pay Child-Support?!

First, before I really GO IN, let me give you some background: A couple and their son are fighting for custody of a baby born to a Lancaster woman charged with having unlawful sex with the boy, who was 15 at the time of conception. A paternity test shows that the teen is the father of the baby born April 7 to Jane C. Crane, who was 19 when she became pregnant. Now, a judge has ordered him to pay $50 a month in child support and set visitation at seven hours a week. Crane, meanwhile, faces criminal charges.

A grand jury indicted her last month on two counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, a fourth-degree felony. Conviction carries a maximum sentence of 18 months in prison and a requirement to register as a sex offender for 25 years. Crane is living with the baby and her family in Lancaster. “The child support was the icing on the cake. I couldn’t believe that our son has to pay child support to his abuser.”

Now I am NOT going to bring up the inherent BS double-standard that’s playing out in this issue because it is QUITE apparent. Obviously if she was a man 18 months in prison would be seen as a RIDICULOUSLY short amount of jail time. But the WORST part of this entire debacle is that the Boy, who is technically the VICTIM and a survivor of sexual abuse, is simultaneously existing in the roles of Victim & guilty party in the same MESSED UP breath.

Wonder what the legal precedent for this action is? Read this:

Around the country there are plenty of cases of underage boys who got a woman pregnant and then tried to avoid paying child support. The 15-year-old in California who was seduced by the 34-year-old mom next door. The 13-year-old boy in Kansas who had sex with his 17-year-old baby­sitter. The 15-year-old boy in Florida who impregnated a 20-year-old.

Under a strict interpretation of the law, these boys, by virtue of their age, were raped. But family courts have seen these incidents for what they were: consensual sexual encounters. And as a result, they have ordered the boys to pay child support.

Absolute BULLSH*T.

The reason this is so infuriating is NOT because of the double-standard, but moreso because of the absence of logic and common sense. Why does a child half the age of an adult, need to then GIVE that ADULT money to support a baby that was conceived from an UNLAWFUL sexual encounter?

The only reasoning I can give for this legal loophole is the fact that we as a society need to focus LESS on being sexist and misogynistic, and MORE on being fair and balanced, because focusing TOO much on one aspect of PREVENTING abuse towards one group just inherently opens the door to ALLOWING abuse to a whole other group.

08/03/2011 at 4:21 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Do You Think It's BULLSHIT That A Boy Should Have To Pay Child Support To His Older Abuser Or Fair Game?

2. krystllyght

08/03/2011 at 8:55 AM

This IS bullsh¡t and it makes me want to vomit.

3. AfricanQueen

08/03/2011 at 9:17 AM

Huh??? Just smdh…..I wish a GROWN AZZ byatch would touch my underage son….yeah, I'd be raising all kinds of hell, even if it's the last thing I do…..sheeeeet we got juju back home for this shyt, and yall Africans know what I'm talmbout…..that is NO joke!

4. KemaVA

08/03/2011 at 10:19 AM

I think the problem most of you are seeing is that he is paying HER.

I think about the situation this way… If he had committed any other act that required a payment to be made he or his parents would be responsible. So yes he should have to care for HIS child.

Plus she was 19. I do not know this story but I know when I was 15 in HS there were 19 year olds there too. So it doesnt seem bad (imo) for two HS students to mess with each other.

5. imakesense

08/03/2011 at 11:18 AM

I don't know the details behind this story as there are only snippets

Though the sex was unlawful, if they still both consented and he wasn't forced in any shape or form, or stopped from wearing a condom, he should pay when he turns 18.

It's basically a Grade 9 having sex with a Grade 12.

6. chloerayne516

08/03/2011 at 11:39 AM

I didn't catch the entire story but if this really was rape.. then it's a shame he has to pay her child support for a child that was ill-conceived.

7. Johnny Redskin

08/03/2011 at 12:24 PM

I don't know, but when i was 15, i would be taking advantage of ANY 19 or 20 year old women that were trying to let me hit……now if dat bitch gets pregnant, thats on her, she should have been responsible enough that if she was fucking kids, she should understand, there is no logical situation where you would expect a teen newbie to step up and become a responsible parent.

08/03/2011 at 12:32 PM

$50 for child support?! Give his lawyer's number to Nasir Jones

I don't know the details either but one thing I do know: in high school the older boys would look for easy prey among the grade 9s. This happens all the time.

9. Konah Saye

08/03/2011 at 1:01 PM

It makes no sense how men get fucked w(no grease) in the courts when it comes to these things. But what I really hate is when a women cheats and gets pregnant by another man and the judge makes her dude pay child support. I would go to jail for I pay a girl a dime if that happened to me

10. The_Mad_HATER

08/03/2011 at 1:21 PM

oh hell no!!! any woman defending this madness is getting her e ass kicked today!!

11. Independent Woman

08/03/2011 at 1:36 PM

First, let's stop comparing this to REAL FORCIBLE rape…this is too young kids acting immature and irresponsible and YES he SHOULD have to pay for what he did to her

12. Jason A. Johnson

08/03/2011 at 1:44 PM

With the 19 yr old girl and the 15 yr old boy….I agree with everyone else. Sounds like two people in high school. But what pisses me of is when the female is older and it is still the case. We all know females get lighter sentences when it comes to crimes against men. It's a double standard men live with.

End of the day….is it wrong? Yes. Is it rape? Yes. Should he pay? In the case of them being in h.s. together, Yes. Otherwise, No.

13. Annoyed

08/03/2011 at 2:07 PM

19 year old men "rape" 15 year old girls all of the time!!!! I know 4 girls from high school alone who have raised their children ALONE without any support and the loser who so called raped her never went to jail. Please dont tell me this is a poor man thing. Fucking get over it. SOOOOO many men get away with this shit that its laughable that the 4 guys you mentioned who's abusers were not that much older (except for one) and you guys are shitting bricks. It fucking happens.. poor baby for Fukin a chick who is 4 yrs older than him. My tears go out to his parents who have to take care of his mistakes. This chick is still raising the baby… not him. From what I know..$50 a month did nothing for a baby. 1 tin a formula maybe? please. If she attacked him and he DID NOT want to sex her.. then we can talk about rape. Otherwise, this is a waste of time. They are both kids!

14. Jason Howe

08/03/2011 at 2:24 PM

I feel you Linc with the double standard, however… I change my mind when I see the ages. I remember being 15 and looking at the chicks in the 12 grade… I remember being in the 12 grade and the first year girls looking in my direction. As someone mentioned in a reply we are talking about kids who could possible be in the same high school. I know…. Where does it end, is 20 to old, how about 21… but I am basing it on this case alone. I know at 15 I would have had my chest puffed out that I had an older chick. And really, grown at 19….. unless you all are still 20/21 you know damn well you were far from grown at 19. I say yes, he pays what he can from his McDdonalds check… I had a blog a few years back and I wrote pleading for the freedom of this dude name Genarlow Wilson (check link) below… I feel the same now. Again… I think a lot of my feelings are based on the actual fact that these two could be in high school together, I think most of my friends and people I went to school with would be in jail if seniors were locked up for messing with freshman… So when we saying grown woman flip it like this. Should a boy in grade 9 be allowed on the same basketball team with a dude in grade 12 kid, isn't that like kids playing with grown men?

15. theoneash20

08/03/2011 at 5:13 PM

I want to say this again… when men rape women statutory or otherwise… Hang em high…

WHen the situation is reversed… These men get stiff sentences & what not…

Stick to the argument… Lack of equality women keep complaining about

16. ddddd

08/05/2011 at 1:09 AM

a woman whose raped has the option of abortion and can move on from the incident overtime…she has the chance of not remaining victimized…. a boy who was raped, and then the old woman shows up with a baby and rapes him again for $ he doesnt have and drops a kid on him for the next 18yrs…. too bad?

just liek how youd tell a man who rapes a little girl "you knew what you were doing" tel that to the 19 year old girl looking at the 15 year old boy. pay your own child support and suck salt. learn the ages of consent in your state or stfu. if theyre not old enough to have sex with dont have sex with them. period.

yes in highschool you see kids dipping under the age line but does that make it right? no. the law is there for a reason, so why bend it over and over. how many cases have i heard where a guy meets a girl in a bar but she has a fake id saying a different older age next thing u kno hes charged and labeled a sex offender n shes gone bout her business?

i hate the double standard bs.

17. Pingback: Ohverly Critical » Blog Archive » This is my conscience Article: A Grown Woman RAPES A Young Boy – And Now HE Has To Pay Child-Support?

18. Magic jerseys cheap

07/29/2014 at 5:00 AM

2014 new Flyers jerseys china store, all jerseys for both man and woman, 100% quality guarantee, fast and free delivery.

19. cheap authentic Blues jerseys

07/29/2014 at 5:00 AM

cheap authentic nfl jerseys top rate & fashion origional design for our kind customers with no tax.