So Now That Beyonce Is PREGNANT – Which R&B Diva Will Wear The Crown Next?

So last night at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, Beyonce decided during her red carpet walk to show the press, crowd, stans and hatin’ ass R&B chicks *cough* Keri Hilson *cough* that she is pregnant with Jay-Z’s child. I’m sure every blog in the world is gonna post about this so let me just say “Congratulations” to them and move on to the next topic at hand: Now that Beyonce’s ass is gonna be on R&B maternity leave, which R&B diva is next in line to sit on the throne as QUEEN of SOUL?

And whoever it is should have a good run, because having female singers having children in the middle of their careers tends to have the similar effect of athletes going to prison midway during their career: They lose a bit of their touch and come back as shells of their former selves. Basically for every Mike Vick, there’s 7 Mike Tyson’s and in R&B, for every there are Alicia Keys & Whitney Houston [Who both fell off after having children like lettuce on a project-Big Mac].

So let’s play a little game: We are going to analyze this current crop of singers and then comment on who we each thinks stands the BEST chance of becoming the next big singer on the scene:

1. Alicia Keys

Alicia “Homewrecker” Keys SHOULD be next in line to run sh*t like Beyonce is on WNBA-injured reserve. She is clearly the most talented of the bunch – but the biggest CON against her is the fact that Black women massively sided with Mashonda over the Swizz Beats man-stealing fiasco and now it’s hard for most women to take her seriously again.

2. Rihanna

Everyone LOVES Rihanna – but is it REALLY for her singing? I honestly believe 98.5% of women who like Rihanna secretly would love to lick oreo cookie shavings off her inner thigh and THAT’S the main basis for their attraction to her music. Hell, I honestly think most people would STRUGGLE to name 10 Rihanna songs off the TOP OF THEIR HEADS that they believe is a timeless classic. Her pr0n will ALWAYS do better numbers than any album she ever released could.

3. Kelly Rowland

Talented as all hell – but she is afflicted by Scottie-Pippen disease: Because we are so use to them being the sidekick to GREATNESS we will never take them as a serious threat to the throne. Even if she was to have a reign on top, we would all just be waiting for the day Beyonce came back, checked her and then relegated her back to Robin status [& not even the Robin in the passenger seat of the Batmobile, but the Robin sitting in the punk ass seat that attaches to the motorcycle, fitted for crackheads and midgets].

4. Jennifer Hudson

Since she actually stole the show from Beyonce in Dream Girls, she DOES have the opportunity to steal the crown. People like her and she’s talented – but I can’t understand for the life of me, why he singles are less anticipated than the unveiling of the Krispy Kreme burger. What gives?

5. Keyshia Cole

As much as we all like to think Beyonce’s family is slightly crazy and badmind, her mother isn’t grinding her nani in young boys faces at night clubs screaming MAN DOWN and her sister doesn’t look like a retired NFL Defensive Tackle. You need the FULL package to wear the crown.

6. Keri Hilson

Though she’s an excellent song-writer, most women would rather GET a yeast infection than support Keri. Guess she’s still a stranger.

7. Ciara

People still trying to process how she managed to go from making it clap to being seen as an R&B diva. She’s another chick whose sex tape has a better chance of going platinum than her singing duets with Mary Magdalene on a Jesus produced track.

8. Teedra Moses

She needs a hit worse than Chris Rock in New Jack City. All the talent in the world, and if Rick Ross knows what the hell he’s doing she MAY blow up.

9. Whoever The HELL I Didn’t Mention

If your choice was NOT listed here, take some time to write in the comments which female R&B artist will take the crown over – even though she will be CRUSHED RUTHLESSLY by Beyonce once she comes back and gets her “Vick” on.

08/29/2011 at 5:36 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Which R&B DIva Is NEXT To Wear The Crown Of QUEEN Of R&B??

• anonymous

09/25/2011 at 9:25 PM

I think beyonce's reign will go unchallenged while she's on maternity leave. Furthermore, I don't think any of the candidates can measure up to her character. Beyonce was raised by parents, who were conscious of their spiritual side and passed it on to her. You would never hear of her disrespecting any one or her business being out there on the street. I think that's why beyonce has an appeal that goes way beyond her singing ability and talent.

2. ChloeRayne516

08/29/2011 at 11:46 AM

Oooohhh, this is a hard one (pause) but am I the only one who is overjoyed that Bey will be GHOST for the next 9mos or so??

• KemaVA

08/29/2011 at 12:18 PM

Says who? I see a pregnant piano roll in her future…

• Crystal Promo-Fernandez

08/29/2011 at 2:00 PM

Honestly I'm torn because I was so over her and then she dropped her last album (WHICH I LOOOVE) and now I think I might miss her! SMH!

3. deep

08/29/2011 at 11:51 AM

byonce is not the queen to me at all…. alll she is, is a mass media whore. ya i do enjoy some of her songs.. but she is far from queen in my eyes.

• Crystal Promo-Fernandez

08/29/2011 at 2:01 PM

So who is the queen of r&b right now then???

4. Danni

08/29/2011 at 11:55 AM

What you know about Teedra Moses, Linc?!?! Complex Simplicity is my ISH!!!! The joint with Raphael Saadiq?!? Yessir…

NEway, Rihanna's the clear frontrunner. Talent aside (literally), she has the most crossover pop appeal of the whole bunch. Now she has a whole solid year to take some decent singing lessons so she can actually hold our attention at concerts/awards shows, and she sexy as hell?!?

• Crystal Promo-Fernandez

08/29/2011 at 2:02 PM

I think Rihanna versus A. Keys will be a hell of a battle!

• ChloeRayne516

08/29/2011 at 2:30 PM

Rihanna has Presence — stage tricks/performances.. Alicia can actually sing and molest those ivorys (piano) so it's hard for me to put RiRi and A. Keys-Beatz in the same category. IMO

• Danni

08/29/2011 at 3:29 PM

Nah, Alicia got that "in the studio" voice, too SMH. Remember her inauguration performance?!? She is Rihanna with natural hair, clothes, and a piano.

• Danni

08/29/2011 at 3:30 PM

Agreed! I think if A. Keys comes off maternity leave while Beyonce is gone she could give Rihanna a run for her money.

08/29/2011 at 12:39 PM

From a man's perspective:

First off Bey hasn't been running ish in the past year. Her latest album flopped and was definitely overshadowed by Kelly's Motivation. If you ask me I think that baby was conceived 1 day after the first week sales came out and it was evident Bey needed an excuse to fall the fack back. What perfect timing to have a child right before you're career reaches the point of no return.

Rhianna as much as I don't find her likeable other than in a sexual sort of way, seems to be the only one with staying power and posesses all the talents of a beyonce-lite. Which leads to my next point…..

• MistaHarsh

08/29/2011 at 12:40 PM

Alicia Keys. Don't listen to Linc.Black women don't hate you. sheeeeit they don't even hate Chris Brown. But what stops you from running sheit is your lack of timing. Learn to dance and everyone will remember Beyonce the same way they remember…….Which leads me to my final point!!!!

Lauryn Hill!!!!! Wake the fack up from your slumber and see this as an opportunity. You know from experience that Bey ain't coming back and if she does she's gonna dress like a drunk Marry Poppins and rant more than Kanye West in Europe while refusing to perform her best songs. Get a baby sitter and retake your Throne.

I'm ready to listen to good music again that ALL genders can enjoy(no Single Ladies please)and I assume everyone else is too.

Then end

• MistaHarsh

08/29/2011 at 12:41 PM

*THE END*

• Kam

08/29/2011 at 1:52 PM

• Kam

08/29/2011 at 1:57 PM

Sorry didn't mean to reply to you. Im on mu cellphone it's hard to comment on this thing.

• Kam

08/29/2011 at 1:12 PM

I heard a live performance from Lauryn and her vocals sound rough like Whitney Houston ( who smoked a lot crack) rough

You Guys fail to look at another person (who I don't really care for) is making a come back Jennifer Lopez her songs have been doing good.

• Kam

08/29/2011 at 1:18 PM

Alicia is fine she makes classic music which we will listen to for years to come. How many people will want to listen to single ladies or rude boy? But I know I can listen to Fallin' and You don't know my name 5 years from now and it will still sound fresh.

If you are looking at the state of R&B now then Rihanna's got next. She makes flavor of the week hits, is good looking and has a good stylist team that keeps her in fashion.
        If you are looking at good classic R&B which will stand the test of time that's Alicia.

• MistaHarsh

08/29/2011 at 1:31 PM

Agreed completely. I don't know how Keys fell off. She took time to gave birth. She was running the game so much the husband of the supposedly Queen of R+b chose her to do a song.

• ChloeRayne516

08/29/2011 at 2:32 PM

IDied 2x at this comment..

• Crystal Promo-Fernandez

08/29/2011 at 2:04 PM

Bey's album is much more interesting than Kelly even tho 'Motivation' is a great song..

Sorry but Bey runs this R&B shit with an iron fist! There is no one else even close!

• MistaHarsh

08/29/2011 at 2:21 PM

When that baby camel pops out your opinion as well as everyone else's will change.

• ChloeRayne516

08/29/2011 at 2:35 PM

*lol* I just want to see what they offspring looks like. Speaking of offspring.. Mariah and the House Husband– how bout them pics of the twins??.. *lol*

• Danni

08/29/2011 at 4:34 PM

Yo!! As a woman I couldn't say this out loud without being called a hater, so I'll just say this is an interesting point…

6. A.j. Black-Beauty

08/29/2011 at 1:09 PM

I don't why Alicia Keys is even on this list. She fell off the day her second album dropped. Child-bearing and man-stealing had nothing to do with it. LOL.
    As for the rest, I can pretty much agree with all that has been said in the article.

• MistaHarsh

08/29/2011 at 1:33 PM

Alicia "Empire State of Mind" Keys fell off? OKAY!

• Kam

08/29/2011 at 1:54 PM

.Are we talking about the same Alicia Keys? Because Alicia's second Album "The Diary of Alicia Keys" debuted at number one in the U.S and won her 3 Grammys as well sold about 4 million copies domestically were talking about that Alicia Keys right?

• Crystal Promo-Fernandez

08/29/2011 at 2:06 PM

HATER! LOLL

08/29/2011 at 2:10 PM

Take Bobble head Jennifer off this list. You can't have an image of a classy woman if
    A. You're rich and out the hood but your family gets slain over typical hood – ish because they're still in the hood
    B You married a wrestler
    C You put out hoodrat songs like "Where you at"

She'll never win in music because her image is all facked up

8. Roxx

08/30/2011 at 9:25 AM

Im not a major beyonce fan….i always preferred her in destiny’s child better.

I’m more of a Rihanna fan even though see doesnt have “timeless classic hits” nor do i have any urges to lick her inner thigh. I just feel she has some great summer club hits. That aside…i would reallly love to see MELANIE FIONA blow up. Love her! Sees got the looks, pipes and talent to be a star !

9. glamsquad

07/08/2012 at 6:37 PM

Lauryn Hill, even though she's easily the most beautiful, talented and charismatic, will never take #1 because she never cared and never will. She's better than that.