Tall Women, Please Understand You Are Sexy As HELL

Tyra Banks - 5'10"

Last summer I went to a patio party with my homegirl and as we stood up watching all the posers do their “Oh, you fancy huh” two-step that Toronto people LOVE to abuse, we overheard some loud [and definitely DRUNK] African dude harassing this petite little Guyanese girl on the dance floor bout “hey gyal! cum ova hea and I will give you sum dutty wine inside hea..I said DANCE!” Now obviously her uptight ass wasn’t having none of it and she jogged off like she was warming up in a p90x video. We then overheard the SAME dude say out loud to no one in particular “Shut up! And so what! I will take home 3 odda cute small gyal and close all de lights and get busy tonight! No amazons swing from dis vine!” It was at THAT moment my homegirl looked over at me like ‘F*^K my life’ NOT because she wanted the tipsy Nigerian, but because it was a sentiment her 5’11 ass is ALL to familiar with: This ridiculous notion that tall women simply aren’t sexy – which is FAR from the truth.

Jarah Mariano - 5'9"

Being a man I’ve always been so fascinated by beautiful women that I never realized that tall women [5’9 and above] were actually being discriminated against in these streets. I SWORE all dudes superficiality only extended to women’s beauty, breasts and booty, but as I have discovered from my tall sister, right down to all my tall homegirls that being tall as a woman can be just as much of a perceived dating liability as being short is to men. I use to call BS on that sentiment, but after actually asking other men what they thought about tall women [as opposed to just assuming] I came to find out my homegirls statements were MORE than accurate.

But tall women, I don’t want you to think that those [tasteless] dudes are so predominant that you should be overly self-conscious about your height, because I just want to let all tall women know that you are INCREDIBLY sexy to a large sector of men in society. And FYI, it’s not just about being tall and BONEY, because tall women WITH curves are incredibly sexy too.

Whitney Thompson - 5'10"

Mia Amber Davis - 6'0"

But here’s the thing: Height on a woman is at it’s sexiest when it’s combined with CONFIDENCE. And there’s the tricky part: Constantly being told your height makes you unattractive is enough to lower your self esteem, which makes you unattractive not just to the men who dig short girls, but to men like me who LOVE tall women but are substantially MORE attracted to confident women [regardless of height]. So if you can take anything away from this piece, please know that you are DEFINITELY a dimepiece and your HEIGHT is a big contributing factor of that too.

Selita Ebanks - 5'10"

1. MeikaC

02/24/2012 at 8:23 AM

I stand at 5"0 and I would kill to be 5"10. In fact I hate being this short to the point where I walk around in 4 inch heels all the time. A few of us fellow shorties in my office who play the 4 inch heel game recently played guess my height, two people guessed 5"6 for me and I couldn't have been more proud or happy. A few people also told me that I carried myself like a tall person and I was sooooo happy to her that. I always thought tall women wee the it thing, guess I was wrong.

If I were 5"10, I would be the baddest chick in the world.

02/24/2012 at 8:39 AM

Ladies, Have You Ever Been Discriminated Against In The Dating Scene Because Of Being Tall? Short Women, Do You Think That Tall Women Have A Case Here, Or Do You Think They Are REACHING? Is There Such A Thing As Short-Girl Bias?

Gentlemen, You Feeling Tall Women Or No? Can You Date A Woman Taller Than Yourself?

3. Natera

02/24/2012 at 9:16 AM

Being 6ft tall and thick guys look but they still go after the short thick chicks. I sucks but i know im sexy and what i bring to the table. Even tho its sometimes a stab at my ego but when im in my heels i stand 6'6 and i feel like most powerful and most beautiful woman in the word even if im single. But thanks for this…it made me smile when i seen it.

4. Bee

02/24/2012 at 9:17 AM

I was JUST having a convo about this on Twitter yesterday. A lot of us tall chicks (I'm 6ft myself) often have to deal with coming across as intimidating and almost losing part of our femininity…sometimes that intimidation factor works in my favour, especially when doing business, but socially and in the dating world, it can be a hindrance.

Tall guys always wanted short girls when I was in the dating scene. They'd tell me "You cute, but you TALL!" even though they'd be walking around like Javale McGee. Short dudes, on the other hand had NO SHORTAGE of game (no pun intended) – they would holla like their life depended on it. I have dated guys that I was taller than, and they seemed secure with themselves…but some look at tall women as some freaky Amazonian fantasy ride. I'm not a tall glass of water and I'm not a tree to climb. Ain't I a woman? *Sojourner Truth voice* Lol.

5. Roxx

02/24/2012 at 10:13 AM

I hate when tall girls are all self conscious and hating their height! Im 5'2 and I would never complain about long endless legs. Its annoying how they never wear heels or sloutch to make themselves seem shorter! Like dammit woman ur friggen amazing stop trying to hide it and flaunt it ! "I wish I was a little bit taller " and I'd show of my legs more than I already do!

6. Paul B.

02/24/2012 at 10:30 AM

Never thought about it one way or the other to be honest. Height has never been a big thing for me when it comes to attractiveness; I've always looked at the overall presentation. How does she present the things she can control? That to me, determines if I'm impressed enough to approach her or not.

02/24/2012 at 11:08 AM

I like good looking women period and I've dated women taller than me but I'll be honest: I prefer shorter women. They're more curvy in my opinion and I can put them in any position QUICKLY. We used to call short girls flippers(yeah, pun intended). There's something a little freakish about seeing high heel shoes longer than my J's…but thats just me, and for the record I'd date all of the ladies is those pics, the height thing is a preference not a deal breaker…

8. Risse

02/24/2012 at 11:33 AM

Well, I could have SWORN all dudes superficiality only extended to women’s beauty, breasts and booty." I am co-signing this statement!

"Constantly being told your height makes you unattractive is enough to lower your self esteem". You're darn right it is, imagine constantly being told your height makes you unattractive growing up… It definitely lowers your self-esteem as an adult.

There are so many beautiful tall women who get looked over by men just because of their height. Thank You so much for this piece Lincoln. I'm about 183cm, and it's funny you wrote this because just the other day I uploaded a photograph on FB of me wearing an outfit that I was debating on whether or not to wear heels or flats with, of course I optioned for the flats, but in the description I wrote "I consider myself to be very simple and plain. Too tall to walk around in heels every day. My hair is usually in a bun or braid-out, and I don't wear a lot of makeup like I use to. I don't know, but it certainly seems like the older I get the more mellowed out I become." So, Thank You again for this piece!

I've always been curious to know if men are even into tall women?… Because most of the men I've encountered usually want a short woman with tattoos, breasts and booty (SIGH). :(

9. MsMel

02/24/2012 at 11:33 AM

Sad but true…not only are we already self conscious, there are so many times when you hear put down comments and get criticised because of our height!! Going out, hearing "Damn you're tall!!" doesn't necessarily make you feel good especially when it comes with a facial expression like you should be in a museum cuz they've never seen anything like it!! Trust me, it doesn't feel good, even worse…that I'm 5"10….and Filipino!! Tall Filipinos…not very common! LOL!
    Luckily, I do have great girls and male friends that try to convince me that I am not a weird specimen like I sometimes feel like I am! I totally agree when you say, it should definitely come with confidence cuz there's nothing worse than a female not having confidence…short or tall!!
    But to sum it up, shorter females do have a slight advantage when it comes to getting noticed!

10. Mimilove

02/24/2012 at 11:55 AM

I'm 5'7.5 (yes I said it .5)

I will definitely say I've had my fair share of "tall-girl-problems" and I'm not all that tall.

It took me a while to feel comfortable stepping out in heels and owning my sexy without feeling like I'm "towering above everyone".

I def don't think tall girls are reaching, it ain't easy when a good portion of guys have that " I don't climb trees" mentality, couple that with the fact that tall men (at least around here) aren't exactly out in droves. And at least the way I see it, being a short woman is about like having long hair guys seem to equate that with femininity.

11. Canace

02/24/2012 at 12:09 PM

I loved this piece! I am 5'8 and when I used to feel so uncomfortable with my height because I found my friends that were smaller than me would get more attention than I would. I wouldnt even want to wear heels because it just made me that much taller. Also being tall and curvy didn't help as well because I just thought I looked like a huge thick tree stump. Now I know don't care what people think and I wear my height with confidence.
    My mom was and still is my biggest cheerleader telling me to embrace it and be proud. Telling me that whoever doesn't like your height isn't the person for you anyway. Funny enough she is 5'2 but she sees how it affected my self-esteem.
    So thank you again for this piece. I already am confident but this just gave me that extra push =D

12. mmmj

02/24/2012 at 12:11 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU LINC FOR THIS POST!!

I stand at 5'11 (and a half so I always say 6 foot even). I love being tall…and all the added perks that come with it. When I walk into a room, people look. There is a presence about being tall that turns attention onto you. Although I have had more than my fair share of comments about being "too tall", I have learned to [slowly] take them in and embrace them. Ive noticed that when you are a tall woman you either get asked if you are a model or an athlete- In my case it is both, and the answer is yes to both. I played division one soccer and have had one international advertisement for Johnson products. I mean I cant change my height and there is no use being upset over it. Im beautiful, in my 20s, tall and I love it. To all my TALL, BEAUTIFUL, MODELESQUE, AMAZING women out there…OWN it. Its better than being short :)

again, Linc thanks for the smile today. This post may be one of my favorites (after the bondage/tied up, your foreplay article and ANY time you write about a sexual escapade…you got a talent with words ::golf clap::)

13. Law and Order

02/24/2012 at 12:55 PM

Every woman you posted a pic of is actually a model. Of course they are sexy. I wonder if the visual aids would have had the same effect if you posted 'regular' tall girls.

14. Concrete_Rose

02/24/2012 at 1:31 PM

I'm 5'4 and wish I was 5'9! I used to model now it's more something on the side and there's so many things i simply don't make the cut for bc of my height. I think you were right on the money when you talked about the beauty in tall and confidence. I think tall beautiful people simply look sooooo graceful. I dont typically hear short people referred to as graceful.

I love this article though because one of my closest friends is only 5'9 and she is very self conscious about her height. I have not been in her shoes so I don't fully know what it's like. But she used to get sooo upset when people would say oooo you're tall! And I agree it's like and…. And whenever we party together she gets frustrated shopping for hes because the nice ones are 4 or 5 inches and she hates towering over people. Shes a beautiful person I think the issue is not her Height but socially how men will put down women who are tall to feel better about their height.

Regardless I still wish I was tall. Confidence in a guy is always sexy, so if I were very tall and it wasn't an issue all the more brownie points for him!

I will be sharing this post!

15. Starr

02/24/2012 at 1:38 PM

BROTHER SPEAK TO ME! I read your blog faithfully and I am a beautiful, tall, and sexy woman myself…I stand 5'11 but with my heels which I love, I'm well over six feet. I love my height and I can remember when I was younger, my mother would always tell me to stand up straight and be proud of your height. It was tough in school because all of the cute guys wanted to have sex but didn't want to date me because I was "too tall". My height can be intimating to many but I never let that discourage my spirits. I only hope for a tall man in the future..lol since I have only had short ones in the past. So ladies embrace your height as I do daily! One love

16. Astarabove

02/24/2012 at 2:07 PM

SPEAK TO ME BROTHER! I am a beautiful, tall, graceful woman that stands 5'11 and with heels I'm well over six feet. I love my height and I still can remember my mother coaching me when I was younger to hold my back up straight and be proud of my height. She really helped me to develop my confidence. Although in school all the guys liked me and wanted to have sex but didn't want to date me because I was "too tall". I can say my height has been an advantage and I only hope I find a tall man to embrace it…just like I do! Thanks for the love…one love

17. Vicky

02/24/2012 at 4:05 PM

I am the whole 5'4"…..I love my height…or lack there of!

I have friends who are make fun of me because I'm short while they are all about 5'9+. Some embrace it, others hate it cause they feel like they cannot find a man who is taller. I will have to admit, I have seen men who literally reach their boobs…I'm sure that can be awkward. But at the end of the day, tall, short, thick, or thin, be happy with who you are and how God made you

18. The_Mad_HATER

02/24/2012 at 4:43 PM

tall women are cool but Im all about short small girls! those girls can get the pipe everyday!

19. A Grown Ass Man

02/24/2012 at 5:15 PM

The first thing I think about when I see a really tall woman is GODDESS

I'm gonna go 'head and say I support the writer 100%

Tall women we need you to know how beautiful you are because that confident, long legged walk is sexy as ever! Makes it look like a model coming down the runway

But short women you are all sexy too so don't forget that either

20. A Grown Ass Man

02/24/2012 at 5:20 PM

LOL

You are still a hilarious dude Mad Hater

21. Tizzy

02/24/2012 at 10:02 PM

I read your blog often Lincoln and I have to say thank you for this one! I'm 5'9 and half..so I say 5'10 and I notice guys look but are too afraid to approach, but the shorter ones almost never have an issue trying to talk to me. It's interesting to say that least. I had my fair share of teasing, but at I grew older the teasing turned into compliments! I have to say I'm beyond proud of being tall and this article was the icing on the cake! :0)

02/25/2012 at 5:01 AM

Today's Lesson…I Have A LOT Of Beautiful Readers

02/25/2012 at 8:54 AM

I'm surprised by how many tall women feel unwanted or view their height as a negative in the dating world. With all the exclusivity and perks given to tall women I thought the last thing you would be insecure of is your sexiness.

I should be pointed out that some of these tall women discriminate against shorter men and will go as far as to ridicule them when a man(who might be the average height, 5"9 in North AM) tries to approach them because he actually appreciates their beauty.

That's not cool at all….in fact, I think one of these women should write an uplifting article about short men, letting them know how sexy they are and how much they are appreciated and Linc can put up pics of short dudes and their height(or lack thereof)…. just a thought.

24. rivertems

02/26/2012 at 7:07 AM

This is the best post on this site. Seriously. I am 5"11 and have been so since I was 16 or 17 (I'm 21 now). It's only been in the last couple of years that I've started wearing heels and being confortable with my height because I've apparently run out of f*cks to give about what people think about my height.

I agree with a lot of the comments above about taller men not seeming to be interested in tall girls. I went out Friday night and only got approached by men 5"9 and below. I am texting one of them back and forth now but I'm not sure how far it's going to go because I'm generally only attracted to men taller than me. It's stupid but I think it's because having a man who's taller and bigger than you makes you feel more feminine and protected or whatever. Plus I don't think it's cute to be able to hold somthing above your man's head and make him jump to try and get it.

25. ChellzBellzzz

02/27/2012 at 1:59 PM

Thanks for the ego boost, Linc! This isn't said often enough. Much appreciated!

Standing 5'10, I wear high heels and high buns! I love and embrace my height, but I can honestly say it took me a loooong time to get here. It's funny how the things that make you stand out during adolescence as different and awkward are the exact things that make you beautiful and "exotic" when you're older.

Have I found guys tended to shy away from me because of my height, ABSOLUTELY. However, I have often noticed that the guys that are attracted to me BECAUSE of my height and NOT in spite of my height, generally tend to have more of the personality traits that I find attractive.

Any young lady wrapping her self esteem around the ever changing concept of what a man/other people find attractive will always end up with the short end of the stick. At the end of the day, the only way to really build confidence is to truly LOVE what God gave you, take care of yourself (flaws and all) and be comfortable in your own skin. Be the best you, you can be and no one can really ask for anything more.

26. SisiNoTouch

02/27/2012 at 8:28 PM

Finally! A post on all the trials and tribulations of "the tall girl". Love reading the post/comments.

Even though I've now embraced my height and all its quirks, it's still very annoying to go to a party/club and be able to scan the entire room of bobbing heads with one glance.
    The only plus side would be being able to pick out the tall, good looking men almost instantly 😉

Am I the only one that felt like shorter guys were always the 1st to approach? It's like they viewed the height as a challenge and made it their mission to break down that barrier and get the digits smdh

27. @_Antoooo

02/29/2012 at 7:33 AM

i'm 5'7 1/2 and when i tell ppl I wish I was taller than that, people give me the craziest side eye action ever (especially the guys). I think tall women r amazing! I see it as a powerful and very appealing trait to have…shoot, if I could walk in heels better I'd wear em everyday lol

28. Amanda Scott

02/29/2012 at 11:32 AM

Love all my tall sistas keep doing you!

29. Adrian

02/29/2012 at 3:27 PM

"Height on a woman is at it’s sexiest when it’s combined with CONFIDENCE"
    That definitely MUST be emphasized.
    Tall women are gorgeous! However confidence is a must for ANY women I date, no matter what height she is.
    My question is, would a beautiful tall lady feel comfortable being respectfully approached/being seen in public with/dating a man who is shorter than them, even if only by a few inches? Or, how about if you two were the same height when you're not in heels?

30. imakesense

02/29/2012 at 5:36 PM

5'8…yay?

31. GinaforDummies

03/15/2012 at 8:52 PM

Have not been to your site in a lonnnggg time. LOL 5'10" (not proud of it.)

32. BigLittleBro

03/23/2012 at 6:58 PM

Tall women are fantastic! The sad thing about the whole issue is that many of them don't give shorter men the same respect they give to tall guys. It almost goes hand in hand with the excuse that some tall women use about guys not wanting to date them or guys feeling intimidated by their height. Again, enough tall women don't include shorter guys in their dating pool so the only guys apparently rejecting them are the tall ones they focus all their attention on. I've never been intimidated or had issues with my height and being shorter than a woman I'm dating. I'm a shade over 5'5 and have been lucky to date a 6'1 lady. I'd do it again without question and with open arms.

33. stan

03/23/2012 at 8:56 PM

are you kidding? all i ever wanted is a tall girl, i 6.4 and if anyone sees a good sister that is between 5.8 and 6.4 please send her my address but its not all about height its also about a matured woman willing to work towards a lasting relationship…………and i am serious anyone see a tall sister send her email to me

34. reporter

04/28/2012 at 7:06 PM

im a man and i like most short girls

35. RLC

06/12/2012 at 2:15 AM

I turned 18 and my age is finally catching up with my height. I'm an awesome 6 ft. 3in. woman and I love being tall, but sometimes it's hard and really difficult to tell people that I'm single and have never had a boyfriend. I know I'm only 18, but there are very few guys that treated me nicely in the past and mentally and emotionally it hurts to know that no man has chosen me over all the other ladies out there. I personally don't like guys that are my height or taller that much (mostly, I assume, because I've never been around them). I much prefer 'short' guys or guys that are shorter than me. They are SO cute and easy to hug! I like wearing heels and that makes me about 6 and a half ft. People always tell me how beautiful I am and how I should be a model. I get discouraged because I'm not seeing everything that everyone else seems to see. I completely believe that love is patient; I'll just have to wait my turn ( I just hope he's short).

36. Dani H.

08/16/2012 at 11:23 AM

Amen!!!! I’m every bit of 5’11 and LOVE IT!!!! I still will wear 3 or 4 inch heels and kill’em with all these legs. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. There are wayyyyy too many men that hit on me and barely come up to my chin lol but I do appreciate the attention.

37. eagleboo2010

08/22/2012 at 11:01 AM

Yes I'm 6ft and I'm so glad you wrote this article!! I'm glad to see a postive perspective

38. vauxcastille

09/29/2012 at 11:05 PM

I’m about 5’10” and I can’t say I have EVER experienced the discrimination. It baffles me that other tall women say they don’t get hit on much. I always have, to the point where it is bothersome or creepy. However, my build seems to be anomalous for a tall woman. I’m busty, narrow-waisted, and full in the hips and ass. It seems like most taller women (most women in general, really) are less curvy, so maybe I don’t scan as super-tall from a distance since I’m not willowy in the stereotypical way. I have sometimes felt less “feminine” due to my height, but, at the same time, I tend to feel more “feminine” due to my curves and my delicate facial features.

But, really, it’s nonsense that men don’t lust after tall women. I’ve been asked out by guys who are 5’6″ and guys who are 6’6.” There are plenty of men to choose from if you are confident, feminine, and pretty. And no way do short women have any monopoly on pretty. Men date short women more than tall women because there are LOTS more short women to choose from. Tallness is rare, just like beauty. Men date plain women more than beautiful ones as well. It’s just a scarcity issue. But, seriously, I’ve been married 11 years and still get asked out all the time by good-looking strangers. (Some of them married to short women, heh.) Height is no impediment. Many a night my shorter friends have been wallflowers while I’ve been offered dances and drinks by a variety of men. It’s because men look at the whole package, not just height. They aren’t going to ignore a gorgeous face and body just because the girl is not mini-sized.

I know plenty of women who’ve blamed their inability to get a date on some physical feature. They are “too old” or “too busty” or “too fat” or “flat-chested.” It’s all nonsense. The common factor is really that these women are homebodies. They don’t get out and meet new people, and they don’t dress and groom themselves as if they *might* meet someone.

39. Jeremy Boggess

11/04/2012 at 10:04 PM

I am a short guy 5’0” and find tall woman very sexy. Love a woman in high heels. Does anybody know a dating website that is specifically for tall woman and short men. jboggess@bossig.com

40. Jessica

02/15/2013 at 1:43 AM

Tall woman here (5'11), age 35 & never had a boyfriend or a date. Maybe I'm unattractive but I honestly feel it is the height. I see ugly women, gargantun fat women, childlike women, dwarves, messy women…. etc… paired up with a variety of men so it must be my height? I once cried after watching an episode of Ruby ( no offense to her) but I felt like OMG you can weigh 700 lbs. and find a man & I can't? Same with a woman like Sarah Jessica Parker, a huge mole, hawk nose and a tranny face all good but never me? I"m getting old and ugly facially now as well so I know it's too late but I guess it always was,,,,,,

41. Mikyla

03/17/2013 at 4:41 AM

So midgets get to feel like surrounded, protected, real women but……. us tall females should give it up…No we can't control men's prefrernces…..its ok

42. Anne

04/02/2013 at 1:48 PM

I love this. I've struggled with my height all my life and I'm about 5'11". I've only had ONE boyfriend who was taller than me.
    My boyfriend now is about an inch shorter than me and I always slouch to make myself appear the same height or shorter. I feel like short height is equated with femininity, but it's not. He's a lot bigger than I am, just a tad shorter. He loves it, though. He loves my long legs and the fact that I'm skinny yet have curves at the same time.
    Anyways, I love that there ARE guys who really do like tall women. I've had shorter guys call me a freak of nature and I've seen some men say they don't like tall women at all and would never have sex with one. So, some men would never have sex with a Victoria's Secret model if he had the chance (unlikely), or any model for that matter, just because she's tall? Those guys are the idiots.
    Tall women are beautiful and it's taken me a long time to be able to say that. It's unfortunate that tall women get judged by men very often, but I've never had a problem with guys coming up to me even when they are shorter than me, so I guess it doesn't matter as much as I previously thought.
    Confidence is a sexy thing and so are long legs!

43. Brooke Dunaway

04/12/2013 at 10:44 PM

I am 6 feet and 4 inches. I use to get made fun of all the time for my height. I try to embrace it but it gets kinda hard. The boyfriends I have had were shorter then me and we were really close. Iv never dated someone that I have known for less than 2 years. I can say I have a wonderful personality and thats what puts them to the point of finally asking me out. I love showing off my sexy legs I live the attention I get from the boys. My biggest problem is my thighs I am really skinny and bony and my thighs are all bone but have grown out and are not proportion to my body. My hips are so high up and mom legs ar so long it is hard to find cute pa ya and shorts that fit me right. I usually were dresses in the summer they fit and show off my legs. I always get asked if I play sports or am a model and the answered no nd no I have marfans and I am very uncoordinated and I have huge risk of getting hurt more than other players by being so skinny and having marfans. I am also on the itty bitty titty comitte So that dosent help either Lol. But WE ARE BEAUTIFUL I know it's hard to embrace hit show off your legs lady's

44. Dannie

04/29/2013 at 11:37 AM

Wow! I really loved to read this article and all awesomeness comments! Being a tall woman and loving it! Xxx

45. lisa

05/29/2013 at 3:37 PM

Great looking women! Great pictures.

46. corina

05/29/2013 at 3:41 PM

I agree, tall women are very sexy. Most women are concerned about looks and tall women experience even more pressure too look sexy or even just feminine.

47. Shy Shy

09/06/2013 at 9:07 PM

I really enjoyed this article. I am 6'1, curvy with ddd boobs lol so I get a lot of attention not only for my height but body proportions. I love being different and I have learned to love the skin I am in. Not everyone will like me but I do not live for the likes of all man. I have had no shortage of men holla and approach me and I find the short ones to be the bravest. I have dated shorter men than me and I am happy that I did :)

48. Anna

10/24/2015 at 8:29 PM

I'm 5,9 and I'm still just learning to be okay with being tall, my dad always urged me to wear heels because he said it made me look elegant ( he is 6,2 so I was still shorter than him) but thank your for this post because it really sucks feeling like you tower over people and constantly hearing short is cute, it's really lovely to hear you say those sorts of things.