Your NETWORK Will ALWAYS Determine Your NET WORTH

Let’s play a quick game: Imagine you have a MILLION dollar idea [i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Snuggie, fleshlight, etc.] BUT in order to capitalize off this idea you can ONLY use the people in your phone, whether it be phone numbers or IM contacts. Imagine that you can NOT set-up ANY cold-call meetings, leaving you to only rely on your friends and associates to help you PUSH this brilliant idea from NOTHING into a huge success. Think hard – how successful would you REALLY be? Well allow me to proffer this simple idea - you DEFINITELY wouldn’t be anywhere NEAR as successful as you SHOULD be if you aren’t already in the business of Personal Network Expansion.

As fancy as that term may sound, it simply refers to one ideology that should be prevalent amongst anyone looking to be successful in ANYTHING [not just entrepreneurs]: Your NETWORK determines your NET WORTH so if you aren’t focused on building that network everyday you will stagnate and your opportunities at being successful will contract instead of expand. But I’m positive many of you have heard this all before, so let’s get to the REAL topic at hand: At some point in your life, choosing success will not only mean choosing to associate with people able to improve your personal and professional lives, but it will mean choosing to NOT associate with people who ain’t doing a DAMN thing to help your life progress.

You wanna know the biggest problem with being successful? To get it, you must bust your ass in ways you never thought possible which means you have to closely regulate your behaviour. Although there are some people who naturally have a God-given, supernatural-innate drive that helps them push themselves, many of us need to be TRAINED on how to actualize 100% of our potential, but how the HELL can we do that if everyone around us ain’t doing a damn thing? How the HELL can we rise above our own expectations if we don’t have anyone showing us that what we THINK is our best, is actually a FAR cry from it?

Former Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson once said:

“It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. Treat a person as he is and he will remain as he is – treat a person as if he were what he could be and should be, and he will become what he could be and should be.”

With that mentality in mind, ask yourself how YOUR network is treating you? Like you have the next million-dollar idea, or like your fun to hang around on a boring-ass Saturday evening? Is your network funny friends or a motivated, self-sufficient success-generating engine? Hell, do you even KNOW what your net work is capable of?

Here’s the crux of the issue: Far too many of us are cruising through life without realizing the potential of the network around us, or failing to improve the network around us. Regardless of what you want to be successful with in your life, you will need to eventually come to one simple realization: Cultivating the quality of your friends, associates and business partners will be the BOOST you need to pursue success on a MUCH higher level than you are on right now.

03/27/2012 at 5:45 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, What Do YOU Think About Your CURRENT Network? Do You Feel Your Friends/Associates Have You Set Up For Success?

Do You Even Agree That Your Network Determines Your Net Worth?

• Larie

03/27/2012 at 7:18 AM

My current network is on point. Those that I've allowed in my sphere of influence are awesome.

Larie

• Piscean

03/27/2012 at 10:27 AM

This kind of sounds like "Birds of a feather flock together". For those that are business saavy, than they must have business oriented friends, and for those unsuccessful, they must have unsuccessful friends. I have versatile group of friends with whom I spend time separately. I have friends who work for the government, some who are teachers, some who are entrepreneurs and some who are artists. I think all this really says about me, is that I keep an open-mind with my friends and that their profession doesn't have anything to do with why I love them.

• NurseJilly

03/27/2012 at 12:45 PM

I agree with a lot of what you said. I have some shady individuals in my phone that sure come in handy when you need them. I also have some really successful friends who also come in handy. If I were judged by the contacts in my phone people would be confused as hell.

03/27/2012 at 2:15 PM

I Think The Problem Is That Too Many People Don't Make Time To Associate Themselves With More Successful People Or At Least People Who Can Influence Them Mentally To Do Better…

We All Have Cool Friends To Sit Around And Shoot The Shit With, And I'm Not Saying We Should Get Rid Of Them…But Add To That Collection With People Willing And Able To Support You

• NurseJilly

03/27/2012 at 3:45 PM

Your right. I have a group thats fun and I'm able to let loose with but I know they would be no help if I'm stuggling with a paper or any major issues.

2. Candice

03/27/2012 at 5:53 PM

That's funny that you wrote a blog about who your network is, and I went to a networking event last night. I know my network is ok but there is always room for improvement. I'm trying to push myself outside of my comfort zone and volunteer for events relating to the industry that I'm trying to get into and going to networking events.

3. Philip Hund

12/03/2014 at 5:25 AM

Sometimes students write an exposition which incorporates great material regarding information required on the specific subject however the presentation loses all the integrity of it. With the professional service of besy essay there is no compelling reason to be agonized over these issues.