If You Are Surprised Or Happy Young Jeezy’s Concert Got SHOT UP – Go F*^K Yourself

"A Nigga Moment..."

I got a call from my boy last week [a dude I've been partying with for over 14 years and who I've been in over 15 shot-up events with] and he asked me if I wanted to roll with him to Young Jeezy’s concert, to which I just started laughing my ass off. He then joined me in laughing because the fact is, we BOTH knew we weren’t going. Not because there’s anything wrong with Young Jeezy, his music or the show promoters – it was because we KNEW there was gonna be a disproportionate amount of IGNORANCE that was gonna go down there and it was BEST we kept our distance.

Here’s some early morning details of what happened:

Now, in the wake of this shooting, there are 3 separate reactions that are really gonna PISS me the F*^K off today:

1) The Race & Cultural-Baiting ["Look how YOUNG, BLACK, HIP-HOP fans act! We shoulda never gave these niggas money!"]

2) The Utter Shock & Surprise ["OMG! I Can't believe this happened! How does a YOUNG JEEZY concert get shot up? GASP!"

3) The Grim Happiness ["CHEA NIGGA! Welcome to T-Dot B*TCH!" - said by kids of ALL races]

If your reaction is similar to point #1, you’re an IGNORANT C*NT. If your reaction is similar to point #2, you’re an IDIOT. And If your reaction is similar to point #3, KILL YOURSELF.

If there’s one thing I CAN’T stand is when douchebags take PRIDE in the ignorance and F*^KERY of their hometown as if it catapults their own personal level of street-cred ["Yea that Jeezy concert got shot up! Yo differently the man den are straight GOONS up here eh!"]. But that ignorance is not just limited to this city, it’s a pathetic epidemic that goes all through Montreal, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago, St. Louis and ESPECIALLY New York. Stop revelling in IGNORANCE because it does NOTHING to boost your personal brand – it just proves that you reside in a PART of the city where common sense is typically at a minimum.

There is only a few emotions that should be going through your mind right now, and those are A) Anger [that someone would put innocent peoples lives in danger by recklessly shooting someone in a crowded venue], B) Blue [because these ignorant-ass incidents are straight sad-as hell] and/or C) Concerned [since all you can do is hope and pray this sh*t doesn't happen again]. For me there’s also the emotion of D) Disgust, because as an event-promoter I know the amount of work that goes into that, and it SUCKS to see THIS be the outcome.

This shooting doesn’t make me feel like I live in grimy-ass city with thugs and gangsters – it makes me feel like I reside in a city full of wannabes, posers and vaginas who do fake-thug sh*t.

My only take away from this shooting is the same thing I wrote on my Twitter account right after the news of the shooting broke:

“There’s 2 types of people in this world – those with common sense and those who are surprised the Young Jeezy concert got shot up.”

04/05/2012 at 5:50 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Were Any Of YOU Surprised To Hear About What Happened Or Is It Just Me?!

• A Grown Ass Man

04/05/2012 at 11:28 AM

I think your friend just needs to make better decisions about whose PR she does. There is still an alternative side to the industry that is not focused on thug-e-nomics

2. Jason H

04/05/2012 at 7:50 AM

Its not as though I expect it, however there is a reason I stay away from certain events… I think I share your emotions on this one as I that I have to up my “proper negro presentation” to offset the prejudice these unfortunate happenings cause.

3. The Grim Happiness… I am not sure if there is anything sadder then when kids take pride in their ignorance, lack of economic mobility, and the overall sad state of their lives…

• A Grown Ass Man

04/05/2012 at 11:29 AM

I will tell you something sadder…the fact that that mentality doesn't just affect kids…it affects some ratchet adults too

• Jason H

04/05/2012 at 12:27 PM

Was thinking the same thing when I wrote it, so sad…

3. Sean S.

04/05/2012 at 9:19 AM

This is why I only attend R&B concerts, at worst I might get trampled by screaming women, and that I can live with. It truly is a shame though, but you have to admit "some" Young Jeezy fans are desperately trying to live that life that he talks about

There are a certain type of people that will pay money for those tickets just to be there, looking hard, so you seem them and you "know" they are hard. Toronto definitely does not have real gangsters, well actually they do, but real ganstas move in silence…these guys bussing shots in a crowded concerts are just ignorant idiots

• A Grown Ass Man

04/05/2012 at 11:29 AM

Exactly my thoughts

• MistaHarsh

04/05/2012 at 12:16 PM

I know what you mean but the phrase "real gangstas move in silence" is just as cliche as a shooting at a rap concert.

• NurseJilly

04/05/2012 at 12:24 PM

Right!!

• HerCommonSense

04/05/2012 at 2:04 PM

I'm really tired of that phrase because it elevates gangsters to some sort of honorable status. Disgusting.

4. Abu Husain

04/05/2012 at 10:26 AM

I'm not surprised at all. The type of people that may go to a Jeezy concert are different from the ones that may attend a Common concert. Obviously, the vast majority of peoplenthere just wanted to have a good time, but there is a higher concentration of people that may want to fcuk things up for everyone.

When I was younger, I would avoid going to parties in certain areas because I knew something was going to happen… I talk to one of my friends about how it went and lo and behold, it got shot up!

04/05/2012 at 12:55 PM

I choose to go to the Smif n Wessun & MOP that was in March same place and there was no violence of any sort. I knew there wouldn't be that's why I went. Not because there was a diverse group people but I knew there wouldn't be violence because those acts bring out the old folks, the ones from the 90s era. The ones who have seen real violence in their younger days and are grown enough to know the consequences of those acts(and also grown enough to separate the music from the violence) and just want to enjoy timeless music and have a trip on memory lane in their tim boots and army fatigue yelling "Ease off seeeeeeen" or "yap that fool"

• HerCommonSense

04/05/2012 at 2:03 PM

Funny enough, going to a Smif N Wessun show or MOP show might have been viewed the same ways 15-20 years ago. Crazy how things change.

• MistaHarsh

04/05/2012 at 2:51 PM

I know! And there would have been people at our current age in those days saying we young people don't know how to act.

The only thing I can't see is Young Jeezy 20 years from now still performing. I guess my age won't let me see it in that way.

6. Keep It Thoro

04/05/2012 at 1:19 PM

A few hours before the show me and my boy were at his crib talking about some BIG Jeezy Tunes he might perform. I wasn't going but I told my dude to keep 6, watch yourself…. Dudes seem to glorify the "Trap Life" and I know how Niggas stay……….. And not to my surprise I open FB this morning and I see Linc's post "some clown licked off a couple of shots inside the venue..SMH Jeezy didn't get a chance to perform ! I would want a rebait….. LOL imagine if theres a claus that states no refunds in the event of shooting, riot etc

• HerCommonSense

04/05/2012 at 2:02 PM

Keep 6?!

• MistaHarsh

04/05/2012 at 3:06 PM

I hope he's referring to a 6 of heineken

7. HerCommonSense

04/05/2012 at 2:01 PM

This is really pathetic and it definitely effects many more cities other than Toronto.

04/05/2012 at 2:02 PM

On the flip side the Jeezy concert was going to bring the adolescent crowd. The crowd that's naive enough to believe Jeezy actually get's it for "17.5." That Jeezy's album got pushed back because there's too much fake ish in the industry(it couldn't be poor quality of music, naah). It's the same crowd that believes It wasn't a forgone conclusion that the Undertaker would go 20-0 at Wrestlemania or that the People's Elbow really stuns a brother….I digress…one more thing….some of these artists have a violent cloud around them based on their persona and the life they try to portray this is not the first time a Jeezy concert ended like this, same rule applies to a Jim Jones concert…like Abu said you won't see this happen at a Common concert because Common attracts a different kind of energy.

04/05/2012 at 2:26 PM

lol, your pic is also his best album IMO of course

10. Ganjababy

04/05/2012 at 4:19 PM

My man was at the concert last night. He texted me mins before the shots rang out stating that there were already 3 fights and then right after he texted me that 5 shots went off. That was at 12:26am. 3 obviously injured a man there. It is as if all morals and common sense are out the window with youths these days.

11. klik klik

04/07/2012 at 9:40 AM

oh werd? say it aint so maybelineeee, say it aint sooo!!!