Although “Obamacare” Won The Supreme Court Battle, It Has A LONG Way To Go

Yesterday, June 28, 2012, reminded me a lot of March 23, 2010 when Obama signed the Affordable Care Act making it the law of the land. People started passing out in the streets and hang convulsions at the idea that they were now instantly covered – but clearly they had NO idea what was really going on. Fast-forward over two years later and AGAIN there are people having full-blown orgasms over the idea that they NOW have the coverage they’ve always dreamed of, but once again they have NO idea what is currently going on. The simple truth of the matter is this: Yesterday, the ACA was ruled to NOT be unconstitutional – but there are still MANY challenges facing this administration and their Health Care reform.

To start, the House GOP leadership has already planned to hold a repeal vote in July and Mitt Romney has already stated that once he gets in office, he will REPEAL the ACA as his first order of business. So here’s the challenge facing Obama and the Democrats: For ONCE, you ALL need to take a FIRM stance, play the propaganda game and explain to Americans WHY the ACA is SUCH a beneficial piece of legislation. If not, they will witness this already unpopular act, become MUCH more unpopular in the eyes of the public and that will effectively RUIN any substantive support they can put behind this cause as a collective party, especially during a federal election.

If there’s one thing I give Republicans credit for, it’s their ability to fiercely defend a point of view and use all types of [often bullish*t] rhetoric and propaganda to support it. Conservative Republicans understand their base and how to reach out to them and they do it very effectively. Republicans won’t just tell people that immigration is bad – they will go as far as to frame it as a national security issue BASED on the fact that Americans are being SLAUGHTERED [and beheaded] everyday by cocaine-cowboy immigrants. They don’t just say that gun control is bad – they go as far as to say that after Obama personally takes your gun from your closet, he will let every criminal in the neighbourhood know, so he can laugh while you get robbed ay gun-point. And they don’t just say that the ACA may have too much spending – they will go as far as to photoshop Obama’s head onto Hitler and ask people what they think of Socialist-Medicine.

Hate them or love them, Republicans get their point across – and that’s what DEMOCRATS need to do – WITHOUT the anti-intellectualism. The truth is there are MANY good parts about the ACA that benefit Americans MUCH more than the current system in place – but who REALLY knows them? And who is REALLY out there explaining them in an easy-to-read and factual manner?

The truth is, it would be GREAT if we lived in a society where common sense prevailed but we DON’T. We live in a world where people are gullible enough to believe something the first time they hear it – and if you do the common Democrat thing [just hope and believe that people will eventually smarten up without responding] you will leave the debate in the hands of the ignorant and uninformed. So Democrats, this is what it is: If the ACA doesn’t start to gain more popularity through your hard work and effort, it will be ALL your fault if this law FAILS and is eventually REPEALED.

06/29/2012 at 6:37 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, What Are YOUR Thoughts On The ACA? [I HATE The Term OBAMACARE, But Used It As The Title Since Most People Don't Know What The ACA Is…]

2. GrandCentral

06/29/2012 at 6:43 AM

You referenced the planned vote to repeal the ACA please understand that this is a joke and the biggest crock of shit. Eric Cantor was trying to rally up the base. Here ate two reasons why its a joke. The house already voted on repealing the ACA in January. Secondly, Cantor claimed that the vote will take place on July 11th, um – congress is on recess then. LOL! Please disregard all this. The Republicans lost their minds yesterday and started making up shit on the spot.

3. GrandCentral

06/29/2012 at 6:46 AM

Oh yeah, one more thing – ACA will NEVER be repealed. Trust me when I say that. Repeal talk is just a mechanism to garner votes and steer an agenda. No President, Speaker of the House or Senate Leader has the courage to let such a heinous act talk place under their watch or at their order. Trust me. ACA is here to stay, with the potential to be strengthen through additional legislation.

4. Pat

06/29/2012 at 7:11 AM

Americans are idiots. Has anyone seen or even remembers the Movie "John Q"? That's how it was in the late 90's. I hated going there for fear if I got sick, I would bounce around from hospital to hospital 'til I died b/c I didn't have the right insurance or the WHITE insurance. (I worked for an American company back then that insisted on flying me there every so often) I was relieved when I came back to Canada where my basic healthcare needs are covered. who wouldn't want that?

Now you have what we have in the form of ACA and the Rep. wants to discard citing that it's cost is too great – when what it really is – is the color of the top man's skin. give your collective heads a shake. would you rather the rich stay healthy while poor folks get sicker? now that its a law – it would cost MORE money to get rid of tan the cost to implement. All /c the top man's skin is BLACK. let's be real – that's what it's all about.

Give your heads a shake America – Get a CLUE – The world is watching….

5. GrandCentral

06/29/2012 at 8:38 AM

Yesterday, Republicans were so sure that this law was going to be overturned by the SCOTUS, that they didn't know what to say or do. The responses were outright funny. I skipped my workout last night, so I could watch all the news coverage and I was in constant laughter with the responses. I thought Cantor's July 11th Repeal vote response was funny, but this one took the cake. This one will make you laugh and shake your head. If you don't know who Rand Paul is, google him so you can see his face. Then picture him saying it. LOL! I just want to share this one because it's my favorite and I promise I will shut up after this.

"Just because a couple people on the Supreme Court declare something to be `constitutional' does not make it so. The whole thing remains unconstitutional. While the court may have erroneously come to the conclusion that the law is allowable, it certainly does nothing to make this mandate or government takeover of our health care right," – Sen. Rand Paul, R-Kentucky.

6. GrandCentral

06/29/2012 at 8:58 AM

One more thing -Ok I’m lying, this probably won't be the last thing I say on this. I've been heavily immersed in this debate for quite some time and literally shed tears last night over all of this, as I read through everything and watched the interviews the former Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi gave to MSNBC.

Lincoln – you are spot on with your analysis of the Republican Party, they are excellent story tellers and they know how to stick to a narrative, and never veer away. I’ve commended them on several occasions for this. I also have a great deal of respect for them in that aspect, because with that persistence comes a deep sense of loyalty, that can’t be broken. Republicans know how to take marching orders and they know when to get in line. Democrats – ehhh, not so much.

Need I say more? Nope! This is exactly what they do. Every now and then they make a direct correlation to abortion, rape, or gay marriage 

On the bill itself – there is a bit of concern regarding Part II – The Medicaid Expansion Provision. The original bill has a structured amount of additional funds to be allocated to the states to expand the Medicaid pool. Remember the reason we even had the SCOTUS involved was because 26 States launched law suits, against the Federal Government. Basically, the bill sought to penalized states (more than likely a Republican Governor would have attempted to flex their muscle here) that did not comply with the expansion pool, by withholding funding to those states. Yesterday the SCOTUS ruled that, that was unconstitutional , thus giving states permission the opt out. This opt out could result in less people having coverage. This is an issue that Democrats need to create a strategy to possible run on, and when elected they pass legislation that will correct this. The general consensus is that because of the additional tiered funding from the federal level, the states will not have the heart to turn it away and thus deny access to individuals. So this is definitely something to watch closely.

06/29/2012 at 9:03 AM

All that the president needs to do when Romney opens his mouth is to say, "hey buddy, we got this idea from you…when you were governor…and passed a universal health care law for the state of Massachusetts." So i don't agree with you on this. The dems don't need to stoop down to the repubs level (even though i agree that the repubs are brilliant at scare tactics). They just need to simply tie everything that Obamacare is to what Romney did while he was governor. They need to simplify it and get it out starting today.

8. The_Mad_HATER

06/29/2012 at 1:15 PM

I'm one of the only black people i know who aint feeling this aca shit!! look how soon we all forgot that having universal health care was once an option! smh!!