“Bruh, The Man That Put The RING On Her Is The WINNER…”

Since my boys are not very in tune with pop culture and the lives of celebrities, a few of them were SHOCKED to find out that Meagan Good got married Saturday. Most of them were heartbroken that the unofficial love of their lives was now officially off the market [as if any of these negroes - and Italian - stood a damn shot] but it was a comment one of my friends made that I found really funny. He sarcastically stated “Man, whatever dude got to beat that p*ssy up before she got married is a winner for life.” And I found that comment very interesting, because my response to that was “Bruh, the man that put the RING on her is the REAL winner for life.”

I then proceeded to explain to my friends that to my [very limited] knowledge, Meagan is not only a hardcore Christian, but she was [before Saturday night] either a virgin OR a long-practicing celibate woman who hasn’t been with anyone for years. So, her being a woman of high-quality [gorgeous, seemingly down-to-earth, financially independent, principled, etc.] means that she is WIFE MATERIAL. The goal of being with a woman who is wife-material is to HAVE her by your side in the long run – not a night or two. And this is where me and my friends split into two camps and completely disagreed with one another. The other group of dudes have an idea about women and relationships which I not only find TROUBLING, but ultimately SELF-DEFEATING: ‘Any man that has smashed a woman, has the same successful claim to that woman as any man that comes after her.’

Now before me and my friends launched into this argument, I want to preface it with the following statement [the same one we prefaced our OWN debate with]: This conversation is in no way, shape or form about dudes who wife up h0es, scallywags and ratchet chicks – that is a COMPLETELY different argument.

But, although I disagree with their ridiculous point, I understand what they are trying to say. One of the main goals a man has in dating, is eventually getting the draws, therefore, even by only temporarily having those draws, he still accomplished some semblance of his “goal” with her.

Now here’s why that is a completely ridiculous and full of sh*t ideology.

A) Good Women Aren’t HAD – Good Women Are LOST

Any high-quality woman that is currently married was not HAD by her exes and previous sex partners – she was LOST. Only a dumb-ass would sit around and give some frowsy looseball credit for bagging a woman of terrific long-term quality and not experiencing ANY of it. He didn’t win for ANY night – he just lost in the BIGGER picture.

B) Your Richard AIN’T That Memorable, Bruh

This is an issue a LOT of men deal with: Thinking that we will exist forever in the minds, hearts and nanis of any woman we were with at least ONCE. Our ridiculous egos is what drives us to that bullsh*t way of thinking. The fact is, most of us men are nothing more than footnotes in a high-quality woman’s life, if even THAT, after she finds a grown-ass man. So when you high-fiving yourself over the past, you don’t realize you are so many chapters back in the story of her life, you are close to being edited out of the entire book.

C) The Fact That You Equate LOVE And SEX To Being On The Same Level Proves You’re NOT A High Quality Man

And this is the most important point: The fact that you can boil down a woman’s intrinsic worth to her vagina, and then believe that “winning” means sampling it, proves that YOU are not a high quality man, therefore you didn’t win SH*T. Flip the scenario for a second and imagine how you would explain to a great-woman’s, great man how HE is losing by having her. When he gets to have her as his beautiful wife, mother of his kids, soulmate, best friend, life-partner and freak in the sheets, how exactly do YOU have any predominance over him?

Hell, the simple fact that he saw a woman NOT worth losing, while YOUR ass didn’t, proves he’s winning in ways you will NEVER understand.

06/18/2012 at 2:18 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Does The "Cheap-Thrill" Crowd Have A Point? Does A Married Woman Or Man's Past Degrade Their Current Relationship At All?!

• Keepzitrill

06/18/2012 at 2:21 PM

"When he gets to have her as his beautiful wife, mother of his kids, soulmate, best friend, life-partner and freak in the sheets, how exactly do YOU have any predominance over him?"
      Because I nutted all up in her insides. Point-blank.
      And if I'm so irrelevant, lets see now many conversations or references to my having fucked his wife, don't make ole but want to wretch his brains out.
      I put that curve there… LOL

• Imbroglio

06/18/2012 at 3:39 PM

I have to disagree. The husband SHOULD and has the RIGHT to beat that ass in the street because its inappropriate to brag about having had sex with his wife. Even though some things are known, its childish and immature to try to one-up someone, especially when they have the prize. You wouldn't (or I hope you wouldn't) want some boy coming up to you bragging about how he "nutted" in your daughter last night.

Besides, sperm dies in about a day, so that makes about as relevant as a dose of aspirin. You may have put a curve, he paved over it and built a highway…. LOL

• HerCommonSense

06/18/2012 at 3:56 PM

"You may have put a curve, he paved over it and built a highway…. LOL"

THIS!

• HerCommonSense

06/18/2012 at 3:55 PM

But your wifey is not a virgin….so when she is slobbing your knob so well, there's a man out there who taught her how todo it like that. Your woman likes swallows your come, because another man made her like it. And as deep as you think you are hitting, another man hit deeper.

But if you don't even have a woman, then I guess you are "winning" at home, alone huh?

• MistaHarsh

06/18/2012 at 5:17 PM

nice response. These fools don't know

• Paul B.

06/19/2012 at 11:25 AM

One more thing. It's funny that some of the ones cosigning this article were some of the main ones saying that h*es and bad b*itches are winning, and good girls finish last from a previous article. Apparently men don't marry good women to hear it told, so which is it? It can't be both. Men who put rings on h*es can't be winning and h*es getting wife's win too. How is that possible. Either Linc is right now or the previous article was.

2. dddd

06/18/2012 at 2:27 AM

*applause*

3. Paul B.

06/18/2012 at 2:29 AM

Yes, and no. On one hand, they have a point relative to the difference in the quality that she was when she was with them versus what she is now. If she's somehow the same woman that chose those "cheap thrills" and knew that's all they were good for and chose them anyway (if she was looking for more, but she may not have been), they might have a point. It simply depends on context. But everybody has their own limits regarding what they're willing to deal with. Personally, I can deal with a woman that has had a past, but up to a certain point.

06/18/2012 at 2:38 AM

See I Fundamentally Disagree With The Point That Sexing A Woman Devalues Her Long Term Quality Because It Equates Sex And Love As Being On The Same Plane..>And I Simply Can't Rock With That…Props To Dudes Who Are Successful With Their Cheap Thrills But To Even Think That Puts Him In The Same Ballpark As Her HUSBAND Is Highly Fallacious To Me..

• Paul B.

06/18/2012 at 2:45 AM

That's why I used stipulations such as context. But then again, sometimes those husbands are simply a fallback option for some because the guy they really wanted didn't want them in the same way. Finding that fact out would pretty much devalue and possibly destroy the relationship then. I'd like to hope that is rare though…

06/18/2012 at 3:22 AM

Oh Trust Me I Understand That Marriage Has It's Own Difficulties And Strange Dichotomies, But I Believe Saying You Gave A Good Woman Good Richard Doesn't Equate Into Placing Yourself On The Same Level Of Intrinsic Worth As The Man She's Spending Her Life With..

But I Feel You On The Standpoint It's Different Case To Case

• Paul B.

06/18/2012 at 11:30 AM

I wouldn't know if it's simply just about giving good richard. Some people are only interested in what they make the other person give up for them. In this case, it could be their standard even if it was short term. It could be the fact that it was all he wanted from her was the nani, and he got it with little to no effort. The truth is that there are some who are married to their silver or bronze medal, but deep down are pining away for the gold medal that would never commit to them. I'd hardly call those who are married to those winning. But for those who are married to the women who aren't holding on to their own past, not pining away for "that guy", and are being the truly best women/wives they can be? Winning, indeed.

4. B.T.

06/18/2012 at 6:41 AM

To answer your questions, no and no. Just because you had sex with a woman before she got married doesn't mean a thing, especially if it was in the past. The name of this post says it all: the man who puts the ring on her is the winner. I completely agree with everything stated in this. Lincoln, you come throught with the real once again.

5. Anna Soull

06/18/2012 at 8:33 AM

OUTSTANDING PIECE OF WRITING!!!! Preach wisdom and lead the masses!

6. @DoWuSem

06/18/2012 at 8:44 AM

Preach! Pastor Lincoln.

06/18/2012 at 9:28 AM

I think people are mistaking Megan for the characters that she plays. However I chuckled at you thinking she's either a virgin or long practicing celibate woman. She's dated Jamie Foxx and RB Thomas Jones publicly and has been linked to rappers too ie 50cent…..but nevertheless her and her husband did abstain from sex until marriage so I give them props… she's been my crush for years.

I understand your friends point of view for a woman who's personal life is on front street. Its kinda hard to see her differently than we are limited to perceive but if she does all the things a good wife is supposed to do how can anyone say dude lost? Ain't like she's past her prime looking to cling on to the best suitor on the way down.

• The_Mad_HATER

06/18/2012 at 1:00 PM

if her puss has been beat up and down then her man has to bite that bullet and live with it and that aint easy!!!

• HerCommonSense

06/18/2012 at 3:57 PM

Or he could continue living his happy life knowing that other men don't matter.

06/18/2012 at 9:43 AM

I will say that no one from your past owns you. A relationship isn't slavery.

‘Any man that has smashed a woman has the same successful claim to that woman as any man that comes after her.’

Your friends' comments just goes to show how some men feel that once they hit, it belongs to them; not the woman but the vagina attached to the woman belongs to them. Like think about that for a second. What your friends are technically saying is that any man that gets with a woman AFTER them has a devalued woman. It’s sort of like buying something on Amazon.com—once it’s been used, it’s rating goes down. The more use, the lesser the rating. And that once he's had the object, in a way, he will always own a piece of it. For some men, women are nothing more than objects to be used, abused, and discarded when they are tired of using them…until they find the woman that they fall in love with and want to marry.
    "Does A Married Woman Or Man's Past Degrade Their Current Relationship At All?!" It depends on the two people in the relationship and the confidence that they have in their union. If a woman gets with a dude that has been with A LOT of women, she may wonder if dude is just going to throw her away as well. And the same goes for a man that finds a woman that has been around the block. They may feel that their union isn't that strong b/c of the person's past. So it depends on both parties being confident in themselves and their relationship. You may think it’s dumb to equate sex with love but for many people, men and women, sex is used to show love. So when you pass your body around like it’s appetizers at a restaurant, your partner may wonder if they will be enough for you or if you value them as a partner. Weird but understandable.

• MistaHarsh

06/18/2012 at 10:46 AM

I think its telling how differently men and women view marriage and also telling why society once used to believe sex should only come after marriage. Women were considered defiled if they engaged in premarital sex. Despite the leaps in philosophy and equality men AND women still believe this.

06/18/2012 at 11:15 AM

Deflied. Yes. This is why i equated the buying of an object to a woman having sex. Once it's been used, it loses it's value. Unfair yet the way many view women who have multiple sexual partners in the past whether they want to admit it or not.

• Smilez_920

06/18/2012 at 12:36 PM

I understand that concept. The same breath that a man will use the " used object example" he'll say he doesn't want a women with no experience at all ( most men aren't in search of a virgin)

I think a lot of are getting her confused with the characters she plays on tv. Megan is a very sexy woman but none of use really know how many men she's been with. Most people can only name 2 or 3 Celebrities she has dated

• The_Mad_HATER

06/18/2012 at 12:59 PM

yall dont even realize how much truth hes spitting here!!

9. Jessica

06/18/2012 at 11:10 AM

"The goal of being with a woman who is wife-material is to HAVE her by your side in the long run – not a night or two."

Love this quote :-)

• NurseJilly

06/18/2012 at 11:48 AM

Co-sign!!

Gorgeous pic girl:)

• The_Mad_HATER

06/18/2012 at 12:58 PM

so i shouldnt be happy if i smashed beyonce on a one night stand?? yall trippin out here!!

• HerCommonSense

06/18/2012 at 3:58 PM

Me too. Great first post!

10. kash

06/18/2012 at 11:45 AM

If the girl who is getting married was a hoe, then yeah, the lucky guy is the one who f'd her and moved on. But if its a descent woman, the opposite is true.

• The_Mad_HATER

06/18/2012 at 12:57 PM

mostly all women have been a hoe to some dude!!

• MistaHarsh

06/18/2012 at 1:00 PM

if she's still a hoe, sure. But if she's all the things she should be to THAT dude for longevity it just means the guy who got her years ago is living in the past.

too many men are picking wives based on sexual history does sexual history determine her value in financial contributions? Raising a child? Taking care of you when sick? Some of you men are gonna learn you're gonna be older a lot longer than you will be younger…

• HerCommonSense

06/18/2012 at 3:58 PM

Please tell them again.

11. A Grown Ass Man

06/18/2012 at 11:47 AM

I think those guys are reaching when they put men and women on the same level, and it's probably out of jealousy

When they see a great woman find happiness, they just want to say "oh yeah….well I had her too"

• Smilez_920

06/18/2012 at 12:38 PM

Welp I hope they plan on marrying virgins, because I'm sure their wives will have some other men in her past.

• The_Mad_HATER

06/18/2012 at 12:55 PM

I'm definitely planning on marrying a virgin!! whats the point of some of these women wearing white dresses anyways???

• The_Mad_HATER

06/18/2012 at 12:56 PM

it aint jealousy!! its just knowing that her man will have to go through life knowing other man have felt up inside of her and theres nothing he can do about it!!!

12. The_Mad_HATER

06/18/2012 at 12:55 PM

The only type of woman worth marrying is a virgin or a woman who is divorced but was a virgin before her first marriage!! who wants dudes running around the place laying claim to slamming their wifey?! not me!!

• MistaHarsh

06/18/2012 at 3:32 PM

if so then if you ain't 16 you ain't never getting married

• HerCommonSense

06/18/2012 at 3:59 PM

Exactly.

• imakesense

06/18/2012 at 4:28 PM

He's obviously trolling…

13. HerCommonSense

06/18/2012 at 1:08 PM

The only word I can think of to call a man who thinks sex devalues a woman is sexist. It is ridiculous, offensive and belittling to believe that my worth as a person should be judged by what I do with my vagina…especially coming from men who carelessly throw their penises around.

I'm good on all that, thank you very much.

• Imbroglio

06/20/2012 at 3:35 PM

I agree wholeheartedly. It tickles me how some men want to concern themselves with my sexual past, but have so many skeletons they are renting out storage space. If my 4 partners makes me damaged goods, then some of these men belong in a landfill.

14. Gina

06/18/2012 at 1:40 PM

I would definitely have to agree with you Lincoln, but the same goes for SOME men. The men who hold themselves at a higher standard are also lost, but the reality is most men will smash anything with a "decent" face and a fat ass–so the market for good men leaves not a lot to choose from. But in regards to most of your points, I won't remember sex with someone, but I will forever remember how they made me feel (more bad feelings than good). Anyway, good post as usual, and I hope that I get married and become a wife one day, not "wifey." (That term irks me to the core.)

• MistaHarsh

06/18/2012 at 3:39 PM

"reality is most men will smash anything with a "decent" face and a fat ass–so the market for good men leaves not a lot to choose from."

Do you really think a man's choice's in bed fellows devalues his worth as a potential suitor? Women don't care about that as much as men do. Not saying its right but let's be for real.

• HerCommonSense

06/18/2012 at 4:00 PM

Hmmm. Explain…

• MistaHarsh

06/18/2012 at 5:32 PM

If a man was king ding-a-ling in the city the woman might be hesitant if she knew of him before hand but if she found out after she got to know him its not a deal breaker providing he has other redeeming qualities ie 1. makes good money 2. treats her well. On the flipside if a man finds out the girl was Queen of the spleen before hand he's not looking for her and in virtually all cases its a deal breaker if found out after he gets to know her regardless of her other redeeming qualities. She could give his mom cooking lessons he's not marrying her.

06/18/2012 at 4:09 PM

I personally care. I have read too many times how women want a man that's been around the block plenty of times b/c then that makes him more desirable. I don't feel this way and never have. It's ok that you have played around a few times but when your number starts getting past a ridiculous number then i don't want to touch you. It shows a lack of indiscretion and that you don't mind having sex with any and everything. It shows a lack of maturity. This is extremely unattractive in my book. Men don't want to be just another number and I as a woman don't want to feel that way either about my man.

• MistaHarsh

06/18/2012 at 5:38 PM

I understand you but I don't think other women go around saying they sexed someone else's man to one up the man's woman as much as a man will say some disrespectful shit to one up the girl's man. Men do it for an ego boost and part of the woman's job is to stroke her man's ego once in a while but its impossible to do if other men can lay those claims. When was the last time your ego was stroked? Or needed to be? Its different

06/18/2012 at 8:17 PM

Ratchets and whores do this all the time.

• Paul B.

06/18/2012 at 6:25 PM

Here's the thing that separates the playing field: the ring and the intrinsic value society places on it. I have no problem with a level playing field, but the truth is that as long as it is men buying the ring and proposing, then theirs is the standard that must be met. Yes women should have a standard too, but her answer comes into play AFTER the question is asked. Whether it's fair or not is debatable.

15. imakesense

06/18/2012 at 4:23 PM

True words spoken in this post and I get it BUT…

What stood out to me was you stating Megan Good being a virgin or celibate made her wife material. I didn't know people still have that backwards mindset in 2012.

By the way 50 cheated on his baby moms with her, the baby moms called meagan and confronted her and she apologized lmao. (Source: interview I read with 50 cents baby momma).
    So we already know her past ain't pure…

I wish this couple good karma and happiness:):).

06/18/2012 at 6:22 PM

I don't think any person has the right to say who is the real winner in this case. I see both points but if I had smashed Meagan and that was my ultimate goal then I'm a winner to me but I can't say that her hubby isn't a winner because his ultimate goal may have been to marry her. Both schools of thought are right in their own way but what I will say is that the hubby now has PERMANENTLY(least by vows) what the previous person might have held for a while and that's his advantage. If I see a woman I just want to smash and I do smash I'm a winner and if I see wifey and marry I am also a winner. However, if I saw wifey and treated her like a girl I just want to smash well I lost out there and maybe that's what the supposed guys before her hubby might be saying now

17. crystal

06/18/2012 at 9:48 PM

So crazy, do men actually sit around and think about this stuff? Why not make marriage simple, troll high schools and marry virgins?

18. TIZZY

06/19/2012 at 1:31 PM

I'm no going to lie. I'm extremely disgusted with men who are not virgins feeling as if they DESERVE to marry a woman who is a virgin. If you happens to meet a woman who is, then so be it, BUT there is something oh so wrong about claiming some ancient right to put your used tool in my new treasure chest. It's sad that if a woman has had a few men in her past and you've had a few women- she is of lesser value and you're untainted. PLEASE grow up…

19. Pingback: “Bruh, The Man That Put The RING On Her Is The WINNER…”