Is $2,600 Enough Child Support For ONE Kid, Or Is It WAY Too Low?

Chris' New Girl (Pictured Here) And Son Are LIVING IT UP - Should His Baby Mother & Daughter Be Too?

Today, I am going to write a post-style I haven’t written in at least a year, because this situation has actually brought me to this level. Typically, I form an opinion on a given-topic and y’all come in and tell me if you agree or if I’m full of sh*t, but today I want to do something different: I want YOU to argue one side of this debate, because I need to be fully educated with your thoughts and opinions, so I can help and shape MY opinion on this issue. And today’s topic: Is $2,600 too much, too little or a FAIR amount for a woman to receive monthly in child support for one kid?

The reason that I ask is because Chris Bosh’s ex-girlfriend and current mother of his 3 year-old daughter Trinity, has recently filed for food-stamps although she is receiving $2,600 a month in child support from Chris Bosh. This has been a wildly intense debate that has occurred all over the blogosphere [especially in light of the fact that Halle Berry was just ordered to give her ex $20K a month in child support], and it has intensified because of the reality that Chris Bosh is a multi-millionaire who is providing his wife & SON with the “good life” but is not assisting his ex [Allison Mathis] in helping her and Trinity live in anything close to an equally comparable circumstance. I am of TWO minds about this issue, and I need YOUR help in finding the most common sense ideology about this topic.

Mind 1: This B*tch Allison Is STARVING For Attention Because It Doesn’t Take More Than $2,600 To Raise A Child

The fact that she is so publicly applying for food stamps is clearly a ploy to attract attention and pity to herself in an attempt to publicly label Chris as a cheapskate and a dirtbag. The reason she was so happy HERE:

Is due to the fact that she felt like her life would be SET. She managed to fall in love with a superstar ball-player who would take care of her for the rest of her life so she could push a luxury car, live in a mansion, never have to work a day in her life ever again, and even argue court side with Lebron:

She loved the lavish lifestyle and she felt ilke she “DONE CAME UP.”

But then reality hit, Chris left her for another woman, they went to court and she ended up getting $2,600 a month – a sum many women raise an entire family off of as a salary, much less just getting in child support. She wants attention because she ultimately wants to return to the lifestyle she lost – luxury cars, huge mansions and never having to punch a clock again as long as she lives.

Mind #2: Chris Bosh Is A DOUCHE – And She Should Be Getting WAY More Than a Paltry $2,600 A Month

The reality of Halle’s situation is that her total income and net worth played a huge factor in why she has to pay $20K a month to Gabriel, so what LOOPHOLE in the system did Allison fall through that Bosh, who’s worth MILLIONS, only has to pay $2,600 a month? Bosh’s yearly salary hovers around the 18 million mark, so how can the courts [much less himself] even THINK that that small amount is even fair or decent? His new wife probably spends that much in a day of shopping and eating out with her girlfriends.

Is Allison a gold digger? I don’t know enough about their past relationship to decipher that, but I know she didn’t TRAP that man. I also can say that she has been working a 9-5 at a construction company while receiving this child support and raising their daughter, and she’s raising a fuss NOW because she was laid off and that money will NOT support them the way they need to be. And hell, can you REALLY blame her for being mad that her millionaire baby father, who left her at 7-months pregnant, is content with paying $2,600 a month?

But, that’s ultimately the question I would like YOU to help answer for me.

06/25/2012 at 4:06 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, What Do You Think – Should Chris Bosh's Baby Mother Be Getting MUCH More Than $2,600 A Month In Child Support? Or Should She Be Happy With The Amount She's Getting Right Now?

2. Jamaal

06/25/2012 at 6:11 AM

While I think Nas’ and Halle’s settlements are way over the top, Bosh’s is definitely too low. The figure should be proportionate IMO and the ex didn’t come back for more until she needed it (laid off) so she’s fully justified. If Bosh had any graciousness, he’d have volunteered to set it up for his own seed.

3. kash

06/25/2012 at 7:03 AM

It should be mandatory for parents who are not together, to live as close to each other as possible. As well it should be mandatory for the child(ren) to spend equal time with both parents. That way nobody has to pay child support. If there is a difference in lifestyles it would be good for the child to see hard work and a little struggle. I think that would benefit a child more than a child watching a parent living off of someone else. The system we have kind of works but it only cares about the financial part of the problem. For example, what stood out for me in this whole story is that it seems like homegirl is growing up without her father and probably has little if any contact with her half brother.
    People won't like this law and that's good. After the first thousands suffer people are going to pay attention more to the people they hook up with.

06/25/2012 at 7:52 AM

when you bring in a judge to force your baby father(were they married?) to pay what he is "required" to pay you and his daughter every month what makes you think he is going to give you anything more? He's followed the law that you brought upon him. On top of that based on his champagne "celebration", Chris doesn't strike me as a typical dirtbag so I'm sure he would love to keep his daughter permanently but she wont let that happen.

Why would the lawyer say he wants to take her to London as a photo op? Maybe just maybe taking her to london will help you get your sheit in order and free you up to find a job so you wont have to live on food stamps. But that clarity of thought doesn't come easily when you have lawyers, judges and dollar $igns in your peripheral vision.

What I don't understand is the woman is CLEARLY stating she can't take care of her daughter or manage money properly so why is the court system allowing her to keep the child in her custody? Also keep in mind Child support is not considered income another loophole for people to misuse govt programs. No one would qualify for food stamps if they earned 2600 monthly. Its all BS across the board.

5. Dyquen

06/25/2012 at 8:25 AM

$2,600 is enough child support if the person recieving it has a job and can pull there half of the financial burden. But if it's being used as the only source of income and the recipient has no desire to work, CAN'T work for any reason, or too salty about the "once-upon-a-time" lifestyle to feel like she needs to work again for a living, then $2,600 is not even close enough.

6. AMG

06/25/2012 at 8:34 AM

The fact of the matter is the money is for her daughter. Not her. Not to keep her in the lifestyle she is accustomed to, but to take care of her child. What bothers me more is whether or not he's going to spend the time needed with his daughter as she grows… $2600 is enough. He doesn't have to support the ex.

06/25/2012 at 9:29 AM

This may sound harsh BUT never sleep with someone who has nothing to lose. These athletes and actors/actresses (sh!t, regular folks) need to understand this. People will get you caught and not even think twice about it. Now you are stuck with a child simply b/c you didn't wrap it up. Sex is awesome but having to provide for a child that you didn't want must really suck.

I would love to be able to debate both sides of this argument but AMG said it best: child support is for the child, not the parent. Alimony is for the parent and seeing how they weren't married, sucks to be her. I don't feel that anyone, whether you are a millionaire or billionaire should be paying 10K a month in child support. That's ridiculous. When it gets to that point, you are providing for the child AND the parent's lifestyle. Honestly, a lot of people view child support as a payout. Don't get me wrong, there are many women and men that use the child support to provide a great lifestyle for their kid (college fund, school and trip expenses, etc) but there are others who just look at the kid as a bank account and that is truly sad.

In this case, if chick needs to be on welfare then the little girl should go and live with her father until the mother can provide for her daughter reasonably. A real mother would find a way to make the money work and would leave her ego at the door and speak with the father about possibly helping her out until she can get back on her feet. Bosh should offer to help in anyway that he can but i wouldn't speak to her unless my lawyers were in the room.

8. Smilez_920

06/25/2012 at 9:49 AM

The thing is that if the mother of your child is struggling then subsequently so is your child, even if you pay child support. Chris doesn’t come off to me as some dirt bag that wouldn’t provide for his child other than what the court forces him too. Plus we don’t know what other expense he might pay for, i.e.: daycare, school etc.

In this situation I think the court should give him temporary full custody of the child or at least let the child be under his and his wife’s care until the child’s mother finds a job and sufficient place to live.

9. alexxussknight

06/25/2012 at 10:03 AM

I have to csign what others have said 2600$ if more than enough to support you and your child if you are working, hell she could only be working part time and still support her child. I do see where the system has failed her too, because he does make a large amount of money.
    If she is struggling like she says I agree Bosh should help because at the end of the day she is raising his daughter.

10. charlie sweet

06/25/2012 at 11:20 AM

I think that judgements based on an individuals income are more than appropriate. The fact of the matter is, if she and Bosh had maintained their relationship and raised that child together they would not be living off of $2600 a month.

Is it true that many families manage to raise more than one child comfortably on that income? YES. Is it true that Allison is an extravagant gold digger who sought to get pregnant only for material gain? PROBABLY. But in spite of these factors, let's not forget that there's one person who had nothing to do with this B.S.: THE CHILD. No matter how conniving, materialistic, and irresponsible the mother MAY BE, we have to remember that whatever is done to her directly affects that baby's quality of life. Any man who allows his child and his/her mother to live on food stamps while he rakes in $18 million a year is a DOUCHE BAG. Straight up.

11. Paul B.

06/25/2012 at 11:29 AM

This is about supporting the child, and only the child. It looks really arrogant to say,"You need to take care of me because I take care of our child, even though I presently can't afford to adequately contribute to such myself. If I did the sensible thing and surrendered custody to you, I really would lose out because there would no reason for you to give me money, so instead I'll act like this. I'd rather parade my child around as going through lack because you won't let me pimp you." Wow…this is who some of you are defending?

12. Charlie Sweet

06/25/2012 at 11:45 AM

@ Paul B: This isn’t about defending anyone… besides the child, that is. Allison may be just as worthless and opportunistic as we make her out to be. Speculation aside, it was Bosh’s decision to have unprotected sex with her unemployed behind. now that she has borne HIS child it’s his responsibilty to see to it that they are both taken care of. When it comes to procreation, there is no horse without the cart. You take both or you wrap it the hell up. Period.

06/25/2012 at 1:04 PM

Here's My Question: Who Is Paying The Medical Bills For This Young Girl? I'm Not American, But I Know A Little About How Your Health Care System Works And I Know Young Children Need To Go Back And Forth To The Doctor A LOT At A Young Age..

Shit, More Than Half Of That 2600 Could Go To Some Medical Bills In One Month The Way Your Country Works..

06/25/2012 at 1:12 PM

I find it funny that everyone is going in on Chris Bosh. Has he failed to pay the court ordered child support? Has he not been there for his child? He has done everything he was "ordered" to do by the court of law, and I'm sure more. Why aren't any of you attacking the shady court systems? If you saw the light maybe then you will understand what we men have been saying for a long time.

15. Kizzy

06/25/2012 at 4:23 PM

Some of your comments are so disgusting…there are a lot of women who are acting very judgmental and trying to make Allison out to be the villain…makes me absolutely sick to my stomach

06/25/2012 at 4:23 PM

if she does need care then I hope the court system took that into account. You're anger is DISPLACED. Don't blame Chris blame the courts.

06/25/2012 at 4:29 PM

so deny your child the experience of her father playing in the Olympics that just happens every six years while the mother can use that free to fix her resume and apply for a job instead of spending her free time fixing her lawyer's resume and applying for food stamps.

18. Adonis

06/25/2012 at 6:58 PM

$2,600 is more than enough, and Kizzy is out of pocket… Defending #TeamWoman to the DEATH. LOL

19. karma

06/26/2012 at 4:47 AM

wow he really is something… she shouldn't even had to take him to court in the first place.. i think he should give a minimum 10-20, 000 monthly for his daughter out of the goodness of his heart.. she is his blood after-all.. I think it's probably a personal vendetta against his ex

20. HerCommonSense

06/26/2012 at 5:06 PM

I think the big question here is why is she receiving an amount so low, knowing that child support is suppose to be based off his income? Until that is settled, it doesn't really matter what we all think.

21. AMG

06/28/2012 at 9:29 AM

It's true that it is completely messed up that the percentage is low considering how much he makes. In all realness, losing her job would mean that she's on ei – getting like half that a month, or welfare – which means getting even less, so on her own she ain't making close to what he's giving. My baby father passed when my child was very young. In this country, if the parent was not working straight without stopping for seven years prior to passing, the child is not entitled to what they deem the orphan's benefit. So, my child gets nothing bc her daddy didn't work for six months out of that period. I take care of her on my own 24/7. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. We don't know what he's put aside for his daughter once she turns 18, we don't know if her education is paid for. We don't know if they're living in a crib purchased by him. All we know is that she's getting $2600 a month, which is going to go to her in one way, shape, or form, and many woman and men are living off a that a month and making it. So, she's getting exactly what she deserves. Baby mama ain't the one who put in all the work he did and does to be a ball player. And ball players make too much got-dang money for what they do. Some are amazing talents, but big names are over paid. That's a whole different debate. Ok, I'm done now. lol