New R&B Podcast [June 24/12]: “Men Want To Get Married Too – Just Don’t PRESSURE Us”

This week I will be talking about the old lady that got CUSSED out on the bus, Adam Carolla, Lebron James vs. Kobe and why women need to stop acting like men don’t want to get married. Oh, and you will hear A LOT of old school on this one.

Let me know which song you are feeling more: the Ralph Tresvant Vs. the Luther Vandross/Janet Jackson song.

Also I know I switched the song names at the end and I apologize for that.

Tune in next week and hopefully I will have a SPECIAL guest.

Thanks

06/24/2012 at 5:36 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Let Me Know What You Thought About This Week's Podcast. Any Feedback Is MUCH Appreciated.

Thanks Again

06/24/2012 at 11:55 PM

Lincoln this show was GREAT!!!!!!! I love old school R & B and well old school anything so maybe I'm biased in that aspect but it was a good show. The 2 songs that you and your boy like from the soundtrack I have to split my vote down the middle because both of them are good and I couldn't remember the last time I heard them. I really got to get some of those tracks because I can't listen to R & B now. I listen to Serj Tankian and alternative now because new age R & B ( I still like the dance tracks though) has lost its soul to me.

I'll tell you something and all of your non-West Indian readers out there as well. I'm proud to be a Bajan but see that crap those kids did, man my mom God rest her soul would have knocked me unconscious if she ever heard me saying anything like that. I mean we couldn't even think of it. It's like your parents can tell when you're thinking to be disrespectful or talk back to them so you better not be facing them. It's so bad a couple of years ago a Bajan living in the US used to roast her kids backside when they visit here in the summer probably for all the crap he did over there. Discipline is missing with the kids nowadays.

For moment of clarity I agree because I had an experience before where a girl I was seeing was talking about marriage etc and I was like "we've been together for 6 months, I'm not even sure who I will be next 2 years or so" and looked it happened because blogging was foreign to me at that time. Turned out one of her friends got married around that time so ladies, make it you and your man's decision please.

06/25/2012 at 3:03 AM

Thanks Fam! I Always Appreciate Your Feedback!

I Agree That New R&B Seems So Soulless…I Thought I Was The Only One Who Saw Felt That Way.

The Crazy Thing About Bajans Is You Could Get Beat By The Entire VILLAGE Not Just Your Your Own Parents if You Acted Up!

Co-sign Your Last Paragraph Fully.

06/25/2012 at 9:42 AM

I am surprise that you are in the old lady's corner. This is my take:

I may be wrong but bus monitors are used on buses with students who are either known to misbehave all the time (tyrants) or the kids are mentally disabled (some type of learning disability). This means that the monitor is there to keep peace on the bus and prevent any type of harassment that may occur. The fact that this grandmother had the audacity to cry over some kids calling her names…she should be fired. She is there to keep order on the bus so that the bus driver can do their job. If you are crying over insults that children are throwing at you then how can you protect another child on that bus from being bullied? Man it up or find another job. Should the kids be disciplined? Sure but that obviously isn't happening since they are on a bus with a monitor. Look at it this way, if you are terrified of heights and yet you take a job as a window washer and they put you on the 20th story to wash windows and you start to freak out b/c you are scared sh!tless, they will fire you b/c you can't perform your job duties and call you an idiot for taking the job in the first place. I look at this case in the same light.

Your marriage point–I agree. I would also say that if you are still dating dude into year 3 and you aren't in your early 20s anymore, you may want to sit down and have a talk with your guy. Not b/c of your friends but you don't want to get into a relationship where you are still dating at years 4, 5, and 6. I also think that women are afraid to come straight out and tell a dude that she is looking for marriage in fear of running the guy off. Open communication AND honesty are huge keys that people are afraid to use.

06/25/2012 at 12:55 PM

Thanks For Listening To The Podcast Mena, I Really Appreciate It!

I'm Not Sure Why She Was Crying Or What She Was Going Through And I Do Feel Like Her Job Requires Her To Be Tougher Skinned Than That, But If People Want To Donate Money To Her, I Don't Think She Should Have To Give Some Back Like Other Bloggers Have Insisted.

Women Need To Stop Being Scared Of Running The Guy Off, Because There's A Lot Of Men Who Actually WANT To Be Married Too!

4. HerCommonSense

06/26/2012 at 5:11 PM

I LOVE that this show featured so much old school. The song I love from the Mo Money soundtrack is even more underrated than that Ralph Tresvant…Caron Wheeler's "I Adore You."

06/28/2012 at 12:08 PM

Wow I Love That Song Too! Thanks For Listening.

5. @jessicaw1981

06/27/2012 at 1:40 AM

This podcast awesome as always. Listening to all of the 90's R&B makes me so nostalgic….OMG! Love it! I appreciate how you often take "the road less traveled" in your view of certain situations. It causes me to re-evaluate alot of my perceptions of certain situations or makes me agree that what you say was what I was thinking all along and didn't have the nerve to say it.

I say give the old lady a few more dollars! Shoot, I'm always hoping somebody will cuss me out on tape so ppl can share the love. (kidding…kind of) To the people that are getting all worked up about how $ could be applied in a better way she SHOULD "Feed the children", break bread for "jerry's kids", UNCF and whoever else needs it. But stay out of my wallet! I will give $ to who I want!

Boop! #I'm done.

06/28/2012 at 12:13 PM

Thanks For Listening Jessica!

Exactly How I Feel About That Lady As Well – How Can WE Put A Price On What OTHERS Want To Do For Her? SMH

6. Crystals_Back

06/27/2012 at 12:51 PM

Good stuff…shout out NYC more!! LOL

p.s. You know "we right here" on that Ralph Tresvant song!

06/28/2012 at 12:08 PM

Yeah I Gotta Represent For NYC!