You Have A FROWSY Worldview Because You Associate With Too Many FROWSY People

Sometime I may write an article about finding love, happiness, a professional passion, a great marriage or some other beautiful reality of life, and I will get hit with a string of negative e-mails and BULLSH*T comments on Facebook and Twitter about how I’m living in a fantasy world and I don’t know what the F*^K I’m talking about, which really surprises me because THIS blog of all blogs does a pretty decent job of NOT pandering and being forcefully blunt. But I realize I can’t get mad at those people for having a SH*TTY outlook on positive things, because living a negative-ass life around negative people will do that to you.

I am not an optimist by any means. I do not have rose-tinted sunglasses and sunshine, lollipops and unicorns don’t flow out of my ass. But I’m also not a pessimist, nor someone who walks around proclaiming how terrible society and its inhabitants are. I consider myself to be a REALIST, and while I am very aware of the harsh realities of life, I can also balance out that awareness by being cognizant of the opposite, more positive realities. This is a trait I wish MORE people had, because when I hear people prattle on about BULLSH*T, I wish they knew that their beliefs are NOT statistical realities, but just FROWSY-ASS thoughts that originate from the fact that they only deal with FROWSY-ASS people.

When I write about finding love, getting married and having a happy home, there will inevitably be a GANG of folk who want to convince me that I’m full of Optimistic-sh*t, when the ACTUAL reality is THEY are the ones deprived of witnessing people who have those things. See, I know a LOT of people who have been divorced or experienced terrible relationships, but luckily for me I know a lot of married folk and people who are in love at different stages in their relationship. If you think LOVE doesn’t exist, that’s not a FACT – that’s just your way of showing everyone you aren’t privy to seeing positive relationships.

When I write about finding a job you love, getting in shape or raising your kids to learn how to READ before learning how to do the DOUGIE, there’s always a group of people who will state that those are UNREALISTIC endeavours and then go on to tell a bunch of stories on what happened to them or other people they know. Well, let me stop you bruh, and insert this reality:

I don’t give a F*^K what happens with FROWSY people, so keep your falsified facts and annoying anecdotes to YOURSELF.

A lot of these people would be AMAZED to see the effect that changing your associates has on changing your worldview. If you are TIRED of being broke, STOP complaining about society fighting you down, and go hang out with people who ARE NOT broke and see if your view of money doesn’t differ. If you think no good women exist, STOP trying to chop chicks outside of Hooters and the musty after-hours nightclubs in your town, and expand your horizons to different places and see if your view of wife-material being non-existent holds true. And if you believe there are no good men who want to be married left, stop judging by the same type of dirtbags you called ex-boyfriends and try dating a different type of guy.

Or don’t – and just wallow in your ignorance. But if you CHOOSE to do that, please understand that I’m CHOOSING to ignore everything that’s coming out of your mouth going forward.

06/28/2012 at 4:57 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Do You Think That Changing Who You Associate And Hang With Can Have A Profound Difference On Your Life? Is There Any Hope For People With FROWSY Views Of The World??

2. Paul B.

06/28/2012 at 5:53 AM

Changing who you associate with helps, but I think that's a secondary step. The people you associate with are a reflection of yourself and usually your belief system. People tend to congregate with people who will validate their worldview, not refute it. So as long as they are messed up themselves first, they will probably never change their associations. But I will say the first external change needs to be their associations though.

06/28/2012 at 11:42 AM

One Of The Funniest [Yet Truthful] Statements I've Ever Heard Is: "Self Help Books Are Stupid – Because You're Too Stupid To Help Yourself Which Is Why You Bought That Book In The First Place" [LoL]

I Agree With Mena On This…Sometimes Someone Rubbing Off On You Will Begin An Internal Journey

3. DatchikMalix

06/28/2012 at 8:48 AM

“But I realize I can’t get mad at those people for having a SH*TTY outlook on positive things, because living a negative-ass life around negative people will do that to you.”

Lincl for President!!!

i do believe surounding yourself with positive people/with a positive outlook on life will make a world of a difference.

i have recently done so, removed all the drama-filled people i use to chill with, and soley surounding myself with people that are motivating, happy, LOVE to love and share love…my world is so peaceful now.

i sleep better, i’m happier, more energy throughout the day.

The company you surround yourself with will def have a positive or negative impact on you…be very aware!!

great post (as per usual!!)

06/28/2012 at 11:38 AM

Thanks Malix! I Haven't Seen You Post In A WHILE!

06/28/2012 at 10:18 AM

I am a firm believer that you are who you hang out with. People rub off on you whether you want them to or not.

06/28/2012 at 11:37 AM

Exactly My View Too

5. NurseJilly

06/28/2012 at 11:10 AM

I absolutely believe that negative people can rub off on you. I like most of the people I hang out with try to always look on the bright side of things. Some days are harder than others but I make a conscious effort everyday to be happy. I by no means have had an easy life but I have a lot to be thankful for and refuse to have a defeated, woe is me attitude toward life.

06/28/2012 at 11:53 AM

I Feel You 100%. I Always Tell People To Make Sure They Have Positive People In Their Corner.

6. Didier

06/28/2012 at 11:39 AM

Good Post Linc.
    I have a friend who has probably one of the most negative outlooks on life. He sees the worst in every.single.situation and to be honest it's so exahausting being this person's friend because we happen to see the world so differently. I'm a realistic optimist and even though I do spend a bit of time with him, I find that because my resolve on being optimistic is so strong that is doesn't rub off on me, thankfully – yet.
    We used to date some time ago and I found that I couldn't continue in a romantic relationship with him, so we decided to be friends. I agreed to this because in all honesty, I felt SOsorry for him; I felt like he was living such a mentally/emotionally sad, tortured existence and I was hoping that I could actually rub off on him. It's not working. It's like water off a ducks back. He says it has alot to do with his past experiences.
    Now as an optimist, I do beleive that its possible for him to change his views, but I'm not sure if its more trouble than it's worth at this point….I mean, can people really change? Am
    I just wasting my time with him?

06/28/2012 at 11:55 AM

Ah, See He's One Of The Cases That Paul B Was Describing Above…I Think He CAN Change But There Needs To Be The RIght Incentive To Do So…Not To Sound Like An Asshole, But You May Not Be It For HIM