I WISH There Were A Lot More OPENLY Racist, Sexist & Antigay Companies

So yesterday I was surfing Twitter as per usual, and I noticed that a company called Chick-fil-A was trending. This was only noticeable to me because I watch A LOT of College Football and I know one of the annual bowl games is the Chick-fil-A bowl, but I never really knew anything about them. To be honest I just figured they were some successful hybrid knockoff of KFC and Popeye’s. So out of raw interest, I clicked on their name and noticed that the reason they were trending was due to the president of their company, Dan Cathy, stating that they are a Christian company that is completely against gay marriage. And if you ask me, that’s FANTASTIC.

I instantly became excited to share the good news with my lesbian friends, but first I decided to keep reading the article – and thank GOD I did, because it only got better. According to Mr. Cathy, not only are they are extremely religious and antigay company, but in 2009 and 2010 they actually DONATED $2 Million dollars to groups that oppose same-sex marriage such as the Family Research Council and the Marriage & Family Foundation. So if any gay, lesbian or transgender person ATE at a Chick-fil-A, they were actually financially supporting a chain of restaurants hellbent on DESTROYING their fight for their rights. Although Chick-fil-A was first opened in 1967, it saddens me that it took them until 2012 to make their stance abundantly clear – which they have the right to do – and what’s so amazing about this incident is now we, the consumers, can make the informed choice not to EVER support their ass ever again.

When I called up my lesbian friend and explained to her the BULLSH*T that this DOUCHEBAG said, her immediate response was “looks like I will never be eating from there again” and to hear her say that made me SO proud – of Chick-fil-A. I am PROUD of any racist, sexist or antigay company that has the BALLS to come out and declare their inherent dislike for a specific segment of their customers. I was PROUD when I read Frederic Rouzaud of Cristal state that he wasn’t interested in having Black folks pop his champagne and I will be PROUD of any other company that comes out stating similarly ignorant yet honest BULLSH*Tbecause it gives us the opportunity to know where NOT to route our money.

Somewhere in North America there is a gay person who is fighting for the right to marry their lover, who also happens to LOVE Chick-fil-A. They could have easily been pumping hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars into that company, just to unknowingly have those funds used against them in a campaign of ignorance. Well now they are properly informed – and with knowledge comes GREAT power. As much as Dan Cathy has the right to express his views publicly, we as the consumers have the POWER to stop patronizing his establishment. THAT’S Why I wish there were a LOT more openly racist, sexist and antigay companies – because then it would be A LOT easier to know who to AVOID.

07/19/2012 at 6:43 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, What Are Your Thoughts On Companies Who State Their Beliefs? Do You Respect Them For Doing So, Think They Are Douchebags For Not Sticking To Business Or Happy That They Revealed Their Ignorance?

2. Adrian

07/19/2012 at 8:21 AM

Real Talk! This message must be made clear to all companies: Be open with your bulls**t, so I can make the informed decision to boycott yuh rass!

07/19/2012 at 9:47 AM

Agreed but if that happens we probably won't buy many things at all. I appreciate brute honesty though and whether it's BS or not, it's always welcomed in my book

4. NurseJilly

07/19/2012 at 9:57 AM

I like to support people and businesses that are doing good things in this world so I actually think its great that they are being honest about their ignorance because I can make a point of never supporting them.

5. Smilez_920

07/19/2012 at 10:18 AM

Well I’m not surprised there a Christina company. Chick Filla is a very religious. They’re not even open on Sundays, and their heavily located in the south. Trust people won’t stop eating there, that chicken is amazing. Minus a few people we’ll probably see the same amount of gay people who have been eating there continue to eat there once everything cools down.
    But I like this post. Everyone is so politically correct; let me know how you feel. Just like Crystal vodka. All the rappers were drinking it, then the owner was like, I don’t like your kind drinking my beverage, Jay Z said cool and I haven’t herd a reference, or seen a bottle been massed order in the clubs since.

6. cynicaloptmst81

07/19/2012 at 10:51 AM

This is just really difficult for me. Smh.

I'm for gay marriage. But I don't think being against gay marriage makes a person hateful of gay people. Whether we agree with their stance or not, if they believe that it's wrong, the reason's they believe its wrong are they only reasons they are against it. I am not my sexuality…or my hair…or my job…or simply my skin color. I am a complex person. I respect folks right to dislike/not approve of aspects of what I choose to do with my life. It doesn't mean they hate me…or that they are racists, phobes, etc. Misinformed? Maybe. Misguided? Maybe.

I don't know. I'm probably making this a bit personal cause of personal issues but…I wish people of all genders, sexes, races, etc. would just be respectful of folks right not embrace every choice a person makes (I'm not speaking of uncontrolled urges…but the choice to act on them)…and stop trying to force their wants on others. There will be a vote near you…the majority will win. Live where you can live how you want.

7. cynicaloptmst81

07/19/2012 at 3:10 PM

Again, I can understand and have empathy for both sides. But, this blame "you're evil and you hate me" game cause I don't want you to do what you're doing isn't just with this debate. It pops up when you discuss so much stuff (religion, health care, Obama, etc.)…and I'm pretty fed up with all of it, lol. People are more than just gay…they are brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, co-workers, bowlers, lol…so many aspects of life and living to list. So someone's not feeling one aspect of you (or what you want to do) and now you assume that they're automatically against all that makes you you? I'm not with that.

07/19/2012 at 4:19 PM

I Disagree About Their Desire To Change Being Based On Caring About People. I Think FORCING A Lifestyle On People And Then Summarily Dismissing Their Current Lifestyle As Being Nasty Is Just A Covert Form Of Hate.

Their Mission Is To Eradicate Homosexuality More Than Promoting Greater Inclusiveness Into Their Religion. Ted Haggard Knows All Too Well About That. The Belief That They Will Convert "The Gays" And Then Fully Accept Them Into The Church Is Somewhat Of A Misnomer.

9. newbie

07/19/2012 at 7:54 PM

So I'm usually just a reader but this thread has me talking to my computer lol.
    Cynicaloptmst81: I hear what you're saying, but I feel like you're treating someone's sexuality as something they "do". It is a part of who they are. Just like being female or black is part of who I am. So even though someone who thinks being gay is wrong or is against gay marriage may not hate gay people, they are being discriminatory. And religios groups DO have the right to choose not to marry people who are gay. However, marriage is not just part of the church. It is a legal contract between two people. And if two men are partners for 50 years and one dies, the widower will not have access to his partner's pension etc like someone in a heterosexual relationship would. Examples like these are why fighting against gay marriage IS being oppressive and discriminatory.

10. newbie

07/19/2012 at 8:00 PM

(Sorry to have gone off the chick-fil-a topic)

11. cynicaloptmst81

07/26/2012 at 12:01 PM

Read this and thought about you…

Yo was NEVER even asked about gay marriage.