New R&B Podcast [July 15/12]: “Why Women NEVER Get Honesty From Men”

Since it’s the 3rd Sunday of the month, it is officially REGGAE & Bullshit this week. On this podcast we will be talking about Daniel Tosh, why Justin Bieber’s the MAN, Awkward Black Girl and why women CAN’T handle the TRUTH.

For those of you who have never seen Awkward Black Girl, check the season 2 trailer below:

And here’s Black & Single’s first episode:

Let me know what you think about the music and having Miss Goddess Intellect becoming a regular on this podcast.

Also, don’t forget to download the Stitcher Radio app so you can listen to this podcast directly on your iPhone, iPad or android phone by CLICKING HERE.

07/15/2012 at 5:07 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen, I Would LOVE To Hear Your Feedback On The Podcast?? Let's Convince Telisha To Free Up Herself And Become Part Of The Podcast!

07/15/2012 at 6:04 PM

This podcast was too short and not enough music. You know I'm a Bajan so I was expecting some more reggae. I know you don't like the hour thing but I believe an hour is exactly what's needed.

I am a nuisance when it comes to new media but of all the sites I am on or supposedly on, I hate tumblr the most. I'm still trying to get the hang of twitter (thanks to all who added me btw) and thanks to you for that post about social media. Anyway, yes I don't like tumblr but if what you say is really going on, that's messed up. Kinda like the post on Single Black Male about people reposting other people's sh*t without consent or at least stating it's not original work. I do agree the lady should have walked out or if she was so bold, wait until the show was over and approach him. I haven't check out any webisodes as yet but I will try to but I have visited brotherswithnogame blog and it has some good stuff on it.

I will be the first to say yes to Telisha and if you want a petition signed, I'd fly up to sign it. She's really good and the two of you guys together is a perfect combination as last week's podcast showed us. Yes you should have asked her first but this way she can't say no lol

07/15/2012 at 11:46 PM

Yo I'm trying To Find A Good Balance, But TRUST ME, The Caribana Edition Will Be TUN UP! Full of Good Music!

I'mma Make Sure Telisha Reads This!

Thanks For Your Support!

• jestingandthings

07/16/2012 at 1:44 PM

I totally agree! 1 hour is needed. Also, more music. I was listening on Stitcher and something funky was going on in the beginning so I'm not really sure what I missed in the first 10 min.

Not a reggae fan but you got me interested in listening to more.

Btw… I'm totally jealous of the Bajaan heritage you always talk about. I'm just plain old black. (kidding… please refrain from beating me with the "its okay to love yourself" stick) But its nice to be connected and up close and personal with your roots.

07/16/2012 at 2:05 PM

Yeah I Had To Replace The File Because Something Was Messed Up With The First Segment, But If You Click The Link Above The First Ten Minutes Are Fixed. Thanks For Listening!

07/15/2012 at 7:56 PM

I don't believe that many people like honesty about something that is a negative trait that they have. The best saying that I have heard on comedy shows where a person is offended "it's not what you said, it's how you said it." Some people feel that in order to be honest, they have to be a jerk which isn't the case. You can challenege a person's thought process by simply asking them questions which will then help them to realize where they may be wrong. Psychologist do it all the time. Are women more sensitive? I don't believe so. Are we more vocal? Absolutely. Do we like to hear the truth? Speaking for myself, yes but if you attack me then I will immediately shut you out. I find it ironic that more women attend these events and yet, as you suggest, don't want to hear the truth. I honestly feel that deep down, people may know the truth but just don't want to hear it spoken out loud. The people that give the best advice, are those that listen first, ask questions second, restate the person's feelings, them give their advice on the situation. Very rarely does this happen. You need to validate the person's emotions and feelings first so that they can let their guard down to actual "submit" to what you have to say.

As for Tosh.O and the rape thing, you and I can just agree to disagree. I have never been to a comedy show but it seems, from what I understand, that comedians will speak out to the audience and the audience can speak back to the comedian. It seems to be more of a live forum type of thing. I read up on it and from the account that I read, it was actually the friend that took to tumblr to express their opinion on what happened. Regardless of if you think people should lighten up or not, if comedians can dish it out, they should be able to take it back. And, with how popular social media is now, everything that you say can be put out there to the masses. I am tired of people crying that censorship shouldn't occur but then the moment something happens to that person that causes a firestorm, those same people are saying "shut up and sit down." You can't have it both ways. Either I have the right to attack and get on tumblr, twitter, and fb to say what I want to say or social media should just be nonexistent. Anyone who is popular at anything media related should, by now, understand that a backlash can happen. Don't cry about. Move on from it. That person had EVERY SINGLE RIGHT to make however big a deal about something that they wanted to make (on whatever social site they wanted to make it on) whether you agree with it or not. Just like Tosh.o had every right to make an offensive joke.

A tad bit too much music and not enough talking this podcast but you are trying out different formulas so keep at it until you find one that makes you happy.

Yes, it would be awesome to have GE on the podcast. If not every week then at least once a month.

07/15/2012 at 11:42 PM

Here's My Thing: A Comedy Show Is NOT A Two-Way Performance. They May Ask You A QUESTION, But Don't Confuse Her Outrage For Speaking Up – It Was Simply HECKLING – ANd Hecklers Deserve EVERYTHING They GET. If She Wants To Be Vex AFTER That's All Good, But I Have NO Pity For Someone Who Interrupts Someone's Performance Because They Are PERSONALLY Offended. That's Just Bullshit Grandstanding.

And To Your Comment About The Music, It's Hard To Find A Good Balance As You See In The Comment Above, Where He Wanted More.

It's Still A Work In Progress But I Really Appreciate Your Support.

07/15/2012 at 11:43 PM

I Found An Error In This One At The Start, So I'm Going To Upload A New One Now.

07/16/2012 at 8:16 AM

37mins whats up with that? Was that due to the speaking engagement? I agree you shouldn't heckle and ruin the show for others but she has the right to complain all she wants on her own terms and raise a stink blogger or not. There's comedy in misery and tragedy especially if the victim can laugh at themselves but I don't think a rape victim can laugh at it especially if the jokes are being told by a male.

What I always fail to understand is why comedians pop sheit then apologize there's a long list of them and they need to stand by their work/craft like Kat Williams did:

07/16/2012 at 12:34 PM

The Funny Thing Is I Was Told To Try Out A Shorter Show, Which I Did, And Now It's Reinforcing My Thought That I Should Keep It To An Hour Like I Usually Do

6. jestingandthings

07/16/2012 at 1:53 PM

Podcast was great. As always abrupt in a way that always massages thought into perspective that might not have taken originally. In a word… nice.

I personally don't care for some of Tosh's humor but I have the right to never attend a live show or watch him on television. That's where it ends for me. He's making a living. No judgement.

07/16/2012 at 2:17 PM

Co-Sign Re: Tosh. You Can Be As Disgusted As You Want But Why Heckle And Ruin The Show?

7. jestingandthings

07/16/2012 at 1:53 PM

Honesty is a tricky things in regards to feelings. Personally, even if it hurts my feelings I prefer honesty in all relationships. Because if I'm in a relationship or any type of interaction I make my best effort to have integrity and at times that means dishing out hard truth's. Will I hurt feelings? Yes. Do I take the chance that mine will be at stake? Yes.
    Example: I asked an ex if they every loved me. They told me that they loved what I represented. But me personally…. not really.

It felt like someone punched me in the face with a knuckle ring. I asked. I got an answer and now I'm grateful. My grandma always said, "eat the meat, spit out the bones". And that's what I did. No one likes getting their feelings hurt but it happens. We're grown ups. We should act as such.

8. jestingandthings

07/16/2012 at 1:54 PM

ABG is the business! I love Issa Rae and the work that she is doing! I'm going to stop using exclamation points now.

I'm an avid supporter and the show is very funny.

9. jestingandthings

07/16/2012 at 1:58 PM

@Goddess Intellect Please, please, please do the show! It needs a woman's touch! (No offense Mr. Blades). I love the male/ female flirtation/ banter/ argumentative pleasantries I experienced from your guest spots.

(chanting) DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Btw… Don't know if I missed it… but did you Linc completely ignore the request for Mama Blades?

(chanting again…) Mama Blades! Mama Blades! Mama Blades!

Make it happen. ;)