New R&B Podcast [July 29/12]: “Men NEVER Delete Their Old Sex Tapes”

This week’s podcast features my thoughts on the Kevin Hart show, Drake’s WILD claim about being the most successful singer/rapper, white parents adopting Black kids and how bitter people can move on from heartbreak – while still keeping their old sex tapes.

Let me know what you thought about Rich Kidd’s “Imaginary Player” refix – did it do the beat any justice?

As always your thoughts, feedback and opinions of the podcast are ALWAYS appreciated (I hope this one wasn’t too long for everyone).

Also, don’t forget to download the Stitcher Radio app so you can listen to this podcast directly on your iPhone, iPad or android phone by CLICKING HERE.

1. Celina

07/29/2012 at 7:32 PM

Loved every minute of this… thank you.

07/29/2012 at 9:35 PM

Thanks For Listening Celina!

07/29/2012 at 8:40 PM

You know anything around an hour is good for me. It was good as per usual. Rick Ross was eaten alive by Andre on that track and I haven't heard the old school joint probably since the 90s. I honestly think Drake is overrated and sometimes fame gets to the head.

In her conscience- I think GI's list is general and may be a good structure to combat that but not for everyone. Pictures do nothing for me if i keep them etc. I just hope whoever is in possession of her tape is a decent person.

Once that guy is a decent person who cares about his or her race. most black people who against this probably don't even treat their own children as good as he treats her. If you make it a race thing I don't want to hear you. If you say he's a bad foster dad well then we can discuss it further

07/29/2012 at 9:35 PM

Co-Sign On All Your Points! Thanks For Listening Fam

3. Amanda Scott

07/30/2012 at 11:51 AM

OMG! That was hilarious! I didn't know men did that smh

07/31/2012 at 6:16 AM

LoL Thanks For Listening!

07/30/2012 at 4:52 PM

Nicely done. I missed last weeks podcast but this one was good.

2 things:
    I think that Drake had a right to say that he is the first person to rap and sing successful if he included “over a period of time.” Actually, when I think about it, how many rap songs were on Miseducation vs. R&B songs? Drake raps and sings his hooks on most of his songs and everyone elses. So yes, he gets that award. No one is thinking about Lauryn Hill anymore. Lauryn. I loved her album. I really did. I loved it back in 1998 when it came out.

This is what I don’t like about Lauryn stans, they always talk about the one album but the girl does not have a catalogue. Drake is actually building a catalogue. He is on his second album, featured on everyone’s songs, touring and he isn’t stopping. Lauryn stopped after Miseducation. She didn’t go anywhere after that album. That album was great. It set trends. It made her a star. And that was it. She fell off. She got complacent and arrogant. Stayed away too long and now people know Lauryn as being the star that could have been. Lauryn Hill stopped being called the greatest of anything after she stopped after one album by choice. Her album is a classic, yes but let’s let her go. Drake is actually doing the entire singing and rapping thing all over the place and is doing it well. No other artist is doing that right now or ever has over an extended period of time. Lauryn showed that it could work and Drake is making it work. Also, for a man to rap AND sing is just unheard of. It is expected from a woman but not so much from a dude. So yes, he had a right to say it. Most people remember how great she was but she is in the past and has stayed there.

As for the greatest mainstream female rapper: It isn’t Lauryn either. I wouldn’t consider her a rapper since I consider her a woman that sings and raps on occasion.

The whole white people adopting black children: all that I ask and yes I have said this to some of their faces is that you learn how to do their hair. And I am being quite serious about this. A class should be mandatory on hair care. I love the fact that anyone would adopt a child that needs a home. This is one of the reasons that I am all for gays being able to adopt. A loving home is a loving home. But if you are going to adopt a black child, Learn. How. To. Do. Their. Hair. I also think that the black experience is a code word for not acting white. Our community needs to let that go.

07/31/2012 at 6:20 AM

Thanks For Listening Mena.

1) The One Thing You Can't Do To Lauryn's Career Is View It Solely Through The Lens Of A Solo Artist – Her Work In The Fugees HAS To Be Included, And When You Take That Into Account, There's NO Competition Between Her And Drake In MY Opinion.

2) Lauryn Hill Is A Rapper First And Foremost Before Anything. I Think People Like Oprah And Others Love To Pigeonhole What Rap Is In Order To Easily Define And Demean It, But She IS A Rapper.

3) I Can Agree With The Hair Point, Definitely.