Please Understand That How You Raise Your Kids Affects Us ALL

I am a big proponent in the ideology that the best way to prevent crime and the creation of criminals starts in the home. The way a parent chooses to educate their child, raise them with or without a solid moral code, or with or without any form of proper discipline, essentially sets that child down a good path or a TERRIBLE one. So when I turn on my TV and see some frowsy heffa defending her child’s terrible actions [and their own terrible parenting] with the phrase “How I choose to raise my kids is nobodies business but my own!” I wanna reach through the TV and Wayne Brady a b*tch.

The reason I wanted to touch on this today, is because I saw a video on the Net, that absolutely ENRAGED me and made me SICK to my stomach:

Kudos to his aunt for being completely ignorant and telling us her son was one thing, while the VIDEO EVIDENCE confirmed a completely different story. You’re doing a bang-up job, lady. But what I find funny about videos like these is that there’s always a clueless parent somewhere in them. And then fast-forward that child’s life several years later after he gets shot, and it’s that SAME mother crying about how her son “was an angel” and “never did nobody nothin’.” But the fact is SHE doomed her only child to a life of mediocrity and tragedy by subscribing to the ideology that the REST of us in society should NOT have ANY say in the CORRECT rearing of her child.

Simply put: How you raise your children is NOT just YOUR own business – it’s ALL of our business, because you don’t live, exist and operate on an island with just YOU and YOUR family. You live in a community that is greatly affected by the actions of every other individual inside of it, and if one individual is raised horrifically wrong, and turns out to be a sociopath, that child will go on to F*^K their community up, and eventually progress to greatly harming society as a whole.

Now obviously there are MANY great parents out here, and if you are one this message DEFINITELY doesn’t apply to you in any way, shape or form. But you must reconcile with the fact that there are ALSO very bad parents out there who DO need help in correctly raising their children into being progressive members of society. Not only are the children OWED the assistance, but all of the members of our society DESERVE to NOT be plagued by the actions of a misguided man who was never properly instructed as a BOY.

I also wanted to provide a link to a book that deals with this subject in an AMAZING and THOUGHT-PROVOKING manner written by people with MUCH more expertise on the subject than myself. Check it out:

07/23/2012 at 5:00 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Do You Believe The State/Province Should Be Quicker To Intervene And Have MORE Authority On "Problem" Kids? Or Is That A Slippery-Slope To HURTING Our Children More Than HELPING Them?

07/23/2012 at 10:02 AM

Quick question for you: What do you say of the parents that have 3 children where 2 turned out wonderful and 1 just is a horrible mess?

I honestly don't know. I think that spanking your child is fine but i also think that some people are just too quick to hit their child for the slightest of incidents. More than likely, this boy has seen this at home and copied what he saw.

What do you consider a problem child?

I think putting in more resources for early childhood education would be the best help. It is proven that the earlier you reach a child, the better their chances of becoming a productive member in society. A link i posted on your site a while back talked about baby college. More areas need to offer this program. http://www.hcz.org/programs/early-childhood/

07/23/2012 at 10:55 AM

As a parent who has a child in daycare I am beyond appalled. In this specific scenario I don't blame the parents I fully blame the daycare. There's a reason why in daycare you're supposed to separate kids by age group. Its not uncommon for older kids to take advantage of defenseless infants and toddlers I have no idea why a 9yr old is allowed in a room full of infants!!! That daycare should be shut down immediately.

To the father who attacked the innocent child, smh you have to think. Call the police/inspectors OR or demand to see the video footage from that very same day. You just became the very same person you tried to protect your child from.

Mental illness is no joke and I find that its less likely to be diagnosed in impoverished neighbourhoods. A lot of the people terrorizing communities have a mental illness that's never been addressed or treated and the elementary schools that they went to aren't trained to deal with these issues. I'm sure the medication that boy was taking wasn't agreeing with him and/or it was probably a 3 tier drug.

In the hood I grew up in there was a teen who I knew from grade school who used to blast Mobb Deep's Infamous album from his porch speakers every night at 11pm. No one would tell him anything because he was a "bhad man"/crazy/mentally ill person. Also the dude that was robbing people last year at the festival I knew him as a child, he was "troubled" as well.

I hope this opens the eyes of the people who are NOT affected by violence or live in a "quiet" neighourhood because those are the ones who believe they are on an island and that they can ignore what happens in these troubled areas. One child's safety should be EVERYONE'S responsibility.

4. Kam

07/23/2012 at 2:54 PM

I'm sorry for the father beating the wrong child, Instead he should of found out who the parents/guardian of the real child and beat the crap out of them. If you can't keep your child controlled then he shouldn't be placed in the general public. The parents are at fault for not seeking help for this sociopath.

07/23/2012 at 3:59 PM

That Man Shouldn't Have Raised His Hand To Anyone. He Should Have Contacted A Lawyer.

6. Kam

07/23/2012 at 4:22 PM

No they didn't exercise full due diligence. They failed to monitor and assess the affects of the medication on him. Even when the aunt was speak she seemed very uninterested and disconnected.

This child is a danger to the community and shouldn't be mingling with the general public right now.

7. Adonis

07/23/2012 at 5:28 PM

THis is why fathers need to be in the boys lives & women cannot entertain obvious attractive deadbeat

8. Paul B.

07/23/2012 at 11:55 PM

But here's the thing: this kid knew exactly what he was doing. He had enough sense to wait until no adults were physically present to do the stuff he did, so he wasn't that far gone to not know right from wrong. That is nothing more than a cop out.

9. Kiwi

01/11/2015 at 8:50 PM

I remember when I was a kid and had just started school at the age of four. I was always a small kid and one day my dad picked me up from school. He saw a kid hitting and bullying me, he grabbed the kid by the scruff of his shirt, lifted him to eye level, told him off then put him back down. It didn't happen again.

If the parents cant control their kids, I'd do the same if the school/parents wouldn't stop it