New R&B Podcast [Aug 19/12]: “Marriage Is WAY Too Overrated & Underrated”

On this weeks podcast we talk about ugly babies, big-ass kids, who’s responsible for the death of chivalry and why marriage is the most OVERRATED and UNDERRATED relationship concept on Earth.

I would love to hear your feedback on the chivalry question – Are men just ignorant or unwilling to be gentlemen?

Also, do you think the Jah Cure “Jamaica” song is HOT or HOT GARBAGE?

And as I stated before, if you would like to hear more reggae/dancehall on this podcast, make SURE to send me the music because I’m simply NOT up to di times.

Also, don’t forget to download the Stitcher Radio app so you can listen to this podcast directly on your iPhone, iPad or android phone by CLICKING HERE.

08/19/2012 at 5:56 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen, As Always Your Feedback Is MUCH Appreciated!

08/19/2012 at 9:13 PM

Very good podcast. http://petersburgh.wordpress.com/2012/07/20/chiva… That's my take on chivalry but I really took your points on it as well.

I really have been out of touch with mainstream music so I feel you on that and even reggae and it sounds bad being a Bajan and saying that but it is what it is. I enjoyed the tracks played and I fell out of love with Sizzla's music when he sang that pum pum song.

That kid needs medical and psychological attention being that weight at 12 years old and my child couldn't be playing football with him. I think all babies are both ugly and cute at that stage anyway so I don't argue that point with anyone.
    http://petersburgh.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/you-t… That's my idea on how people view marriage but to be more specific to the topic here, I do believe that men have given up on marriage for the reasons you mentioned as well as the view that several women tend to be more interested in the wedding. Yeah you want a $40000 wedding but will get on the guy's ass when he's working two jobs to pay it back? I'm not saying this is the view point of most women but I have been hearing way too much.

Good luck on your new site

08/20/2012 at 12:33 AM

Good Post On Chivalry!

REAL TALK ABOUT THE WEDDING. It Sometimes Feels Like It's Many Woman's Dream To Have The Wedding, But F*^K All The Hard Work That Comes With Actually Maintaining A Successful Marriage.

• Jessssss

08/20/2012 at 1:02 PM

Yes. the idea of the perfect wedding is force fed into women's television. I love the show's but know that I could never afford the lavish weddings these ladies are showing on television. From the dress shows "Say Yes to the Dress" to an exotically located honeymoon on "Four Weddings" it causes you to lust after a lifestyle you will never attain working at the Circle K. I think coouples counseling before, during and after marriage is vital. You get a chance to purge secrets you may not find out until 5 yrs into the marriage.

08/20/2012 at 6:59 PM

I Will Never Understand How Women Place The Importance Of A Ring Over The Downpayment On A Mortgage…

3. Jessssss

08/20/2012 at 1:21 PM

I was married at 19 (Picture a chocolate covered virgin mary with big teeth and boobs) through the urging of many of my friends and family. This was a HUGE mistake! I realize now that I just wanted to make everyone happy. My ex-husband was 8 yrs my senior and a serial monagamist with a taste for his goodies on the side. I was his 2nd marriage and mother of his first child. Our marriage lasted 3 years. I know everyone is not like my ex. But his take on marriage is that it should happen and fast. But as soon as he got tired & started to feeling claustrophobic… he would bounce.

08/20/2012 at 7:01 PM

That Man Reminds Me Of Why I Will NEVER Walk Down The Aisle Until I'm GOOD And Damn Ready

4. Jessssss

08/20/2012 at 1:21 PM

Marriage is sacred to me. Special and a true committment. It involves an enormous amount of trust from both sides. Talking to my guy friends (who are mainly in their early 30's) they feel as if their lives are just beginning (career, financial security,etc) and don't want to be tied down to marriage and the responsibility that it holds (until they get themselves together). I can respect that. But I also know some late 40 something scuzzbuckets who "just want to date" and I'm like… Hey fool put down some roots!

Ehh…. I guess its all about what you want for your life.

My two cents.

08/20/2012 at 4:39 PM

Just listened to your podcast.

Chivalry is dead b/c women don't expect it and men just aren't going to give it if they don't have to. Actually, no one is going to give anything unless you explain to them what you expect. I don't feel like opening a car door, restaurant door, or anything of that matter is being chivrlist. Like, i don't need for you to stand in front of a wild boar and protect me. I just simply need for you to treat me like a woman and you should be the man. The things I mentioned before is what a man SHOULD do and it's what i expect. I'm from the south and guys hold doors for women whether it's your man or not. Now that i am more up "north", it's everyone for themselves when it comes to the door. :-)

As for the baby thing, no one wants an ugly baby. And yes, babies can be ugly. Screw that whole i want them happy and healthy. No one wants a busted kid and people do want compliments on how their babies look. Why? B/c it's a reflection of you and your genes. Vain? Yes. Absurd? No.

6'1 280pd 12 year old wanting to play football needs to have 5 whole seats. Can you imagine this dude tacling a 5'4 100pd kid? I can see the 6'1 kid getting up after a tackle and the other kid being buried in the ground. Dude can play in high school.

Marriage…*sigh*…I don't want to spend my life alone without the companionship of my best friend by my side. I am holding out hope that I find him. I don't want a wedding or fancy photos or even a fancy ring to be honest. I want to be able to look at my husband and know that without a doubt this man loves me including my flaws and will throat punch anyone that speaks ill of me. I want to feel safe in his arms, upset when he isn't living up to his potential, proud when he succeeds, and sad when he is hurt. I want to experience all of those things with one person until the day i die. I hope that i find him.

08/20/2012 at 4:40 PM

*chivalrous* Wow. Hooked on phonics obviously didn't work for me. :-)

08/20/2012 at 7:03 PM

You'll Find Him…Just Not On Your Schedule Or Anyone Else's. It's So Hard For People In Our Generation To Believe In Faith Because We Are Impatient As Hell. [Not Saying You Specifically, But The General You]