New R&B Podcast [August 12/12]: “One Man’s Trash Is Another Man’s Treasure”

This week’s podcast features thoughts on the Olympic Games, Chad Johnson going WWE on Evelyn Lozada, which part of the GTA has the BEST vagina and why women need to be more selective with the men they choose to share relationship advice with.

Let me know if you are feeling Terrace Martin’s “In The Sky” tune – HOT or HOT GARBAGE?

As always your thoughts, feedback and opinions of the podcast are ALWAYS appreciated.

Also, don’t forget to download the Stitcher Radio app so you can listen to this podcast directly on your iPhone, iPad or android phone by CLICKING HERE.

08/12/2012 at 5:03 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen, What Are Your Thoughts On The Topics Discussed On This Weeks Podcast?!

08/12/2012 at 7:34 PM

Olympic wise, Lolo Jones team mates aren"t team mates at all. When you're a team you stick as a team and defend each other as a team. If you can't do that at least quarrel in private. I like all the songs played today on the podcast especially the Eamon one.

I like 50 Cents stance on KIm K but I guess I am biased because it is my stance as well. I don't know if she is trash because she has a sex tape but if Kanye loves her so be it.

08/12/2012 at 7:37 PM

Thanks For Listening Fam

Agree About Lolo's Teammates And I Definitely Wanted To Make Sure The Music Was Right This Week.

I Think 50's Point Is More About Ray-J Thinking She's Trash But Kanye Thinking She's Treasure.

08/12/2012 at 10:52 PM

People just aren't excited about this election which is to be expected bc the 2008 election was one for the record books. I have told everyone, since 2009, that Obama will win by a slim margin and not bc he has done a wonderful job but bc the republicans will screw up the ticket again. Only time will tell.

How many women have you done in Toronto? And how are you going to put your city on blast? LOL :-)

As for Chad, you said it best with you have to make sure the right people are in your life bc if they aren't, your life is screwed.

Kim K and Kanye…I just can't care about them. I will say this, I hate when women say that Kim is busted trash. I personally think that she is gorgeous and bottom line, when you look a certain way, you get more lead way in life to screw up and bounce back faster. More power to her.

For your whore comment, it's different bc we all have been someone's used goods but being it and seeing it are two different things. So unless a woman has a tape out there everyone has seen, I doubt that many women can relate to her. But I may be wrong. And yes, one person's trash is another person's treasure.

I don't think you should really talk to anyone about your relationship unless that person is your best friend…your ace…like the friend that will drive you to Mexico if stuff goes down. I have had people open up to me like a book and I just look at them like wow. People, in general, will screw you over. Happened to my best friend. She told a girl her business, girl used it against her, and now the girl is married to my friend's ex. The chick moved right in after they broke up. So be careful who you share your information with.

08/12/2012 at 10:56 PM

FYI: Chad just got cut from the Dolphins.

08/13/2012 at 5:07 AM

SMH!

08/13/2012 at 5:07 AM

Hey That Description Of My City Was Not MY Personal Research At All! Just An Informal Poll I Took!

People Really Need To Be Selective With Who They Seek Advice And Insight From.

08/13/2012 at 5:52 AM

Informal poll: the title to be used from this day forward regarding where the hottest and craziest people are located in a city. :-)

4. GrandCentral

08/13/2012 at 6:49 AM

I finally got stitcher to work. Thank goodness!

5. GrandCentral

08/13/2012 at 8:42 AM

I just finished listening. Was it me, or did this week’s show seem really long? Could be me.

On the election – Democrats are not discrediting this VP pick, and they certainly are not looking at it as some ace on the hole either. They are looking at it as an ace in the hole as far as defining the argument forcing Mitt Romney to have a discussion about policy and his overall agenda, should he become President. So far Romney has ran a very unconventional campaign in the sense that he has not told us one single thing he would do as President. He's ran a campaign saying "Obama sucks, pick me." That doesn't fly. That's why the President is kicking his behind in the polls, particularly the swing states. The President is up with women voters and younger voters as well. This VP pick is affirmation that Romney knew he was losing the race and the narrative. There are many that look at Romney’s record as Governor of Massachusetts and they conclude that his style of governing and ideology is not that far off from President Obama.

This idea that the base is not energized, really bothers me. I think people are slightly forgetting how the reelection of an incumbent works. There is always a slight shift because the candidate is usually not involved in a highly contested primary (the exception is Jimmy Carter/Ted Kennedy 80') so there is no need to begin the push so early. So, it's not fair to say that the base is not energized. The base is just waiting for the convention. I’ve been very critical of the Obama Administration and Democrats over the last four years on their strategy for communicating with the base and letting the general public know what they’ve done. The Obama Campaign has knocked this thing out of the park. They’ve done an aggressive and excellent job of defining Romney and controlling the narrative of the election. They actually began laying the ground work for the economics argument and Romney has just handed them the final piece to their puzzle. This election will not be an easy one, and both the Democrats and the President are aware of this and fully understand this. If you live in a swing state you know this as well. Sorry my response on this small piece of the show was long – I love Politics!

The new artist song that you played was actually good. I love the beat and the lyrics. I could see myself listening to this. However, we have a problem – they need to give this song to someone else, because they lack the vocal ability to see the song through. Their auto tune machine must have been broken because it sounded distorted and terrible. The singers voice was cracking and the what was supposed to be a profound message at the end, was whack! Good song, give it away. The beat and the instruments were dope!

Kim K – Lincoln please stop defending that TRAMP! Leave it alone. I do like what 50 said though. I didn’t rationalize it the way you did, but I still like what he said.

Lolo Jones – We discussed this a little via Twitter. Lolo is a problem and I feel her teammates. First of all, Lolo made the decision to define herself as greater than a team, when she decided to bombard us on a media campaign before the Olympics, and before she even got any medals. I honestly don’t think we’ve ever seen this before. I can’t think of a single athlete who garnered this much attention with NO MEDALS. I was actually quite perplexed by all the attention she had gotten. I thought she was one of the star athletes whom I missed in Bejing who had won a medal. I had to take a minute to look her up, to find out that she had won nothing. The promo tour that she had, is what you do after you win, sorry, Lolo is in the wrong here. Lastly, we don’t know what went on in the locker room/off the field. Lolo might have entered the games thinking she was the stuff and might have been less teammate esque to her teammates. She might have been stink to them. She might have been feeling herself. You can’t do that and lose. So I totally feel her teammates. I’m glad they didn’t hold their tongue. Don’t sugar coast stuff so this chick goes back home and makes money off of doing nothing (not wining).

No comment on Chad and Evelyn.

Keep your relationship private! That’s my motto. I talk to no one, except the person I’m dealing with. If there are issues or things that bother you, you should take them up with that person, not your girlfriends or guyfriends.

• Jesssssss

08/13/2012 at 12:23 PM

It's just you. I don't think it was long enough.

08/13/2012 at 2:36 PM

Thanks Jess!

08/13/2012 at 2:36 PM

Well Now The TRUE Test Begins Between Lolo And Her Teammates. Are The Girls With The Medals Gonna Become Gabby Douglas'-Like Or Are They Gonna Fade Into The Background While Lolo Creates A Career For Herself.

If It's The Latter, You Can't Call Lolo's Media Campaigning A Failure In Any Sense.

• Jessssss

08/13/2012 at 3:19 PM

truth.

6. Jessssss

08/13/2012 at 12:26 PM

Great podcast. I really liked the music. You can never go wrong with Anita Baker in my book.

Lolo Jones' teammates were poor sports. Bad sportsmanship plain and simple.

The song "In The Sky" reminds me of a gospel artist named Mali Music.

Sharing your worries, fears,etc with guy friends leaves you vulnerable to being taken advantage of if the guy friends are jerks.

-Jessssss

P.S. You couldn't tell you were really tipsy until the end.

08/13/2012 at 2:37 PM

What Happened At The End?? LOL

• Jessssss

08/13/2012 at 3:18 PM

You jumped a few subjects. I think the "sleepies" got to you. You were like "I'm drunk so I'm going to bed!" Just out of nowhere. Lol.

All in all still a gread podcast.

08/13/2012 at 7:38 PM

LoL..I Think I Realized I Had To Edit The Whole Thing Too, So I Was Like "Lemme Finish Quick So I Can Get At Least A COUPLE HOurs Of Sleep!"

7. Jessssss

08/13/2012 at 12:28 PM

OH! One more thing. I think Talisha should do the girl version of the ratings system for Canada blocks you did. I'm sure she has some solid and insightful opinions on the single men of Canada that us U.S. girls could benefit from. ;)

08/13/2012 at 2:37 PM