Rape Victims Can Do WHATEVER They Want With THEIR Own Bodies

“Look on the bright side: Since you’re pregnant, it means that horrific rape you experienced wasn’t even legitimate!”

This past weekend I was having a lot of politically-motivated debates with my friends here [In Canada], in the U.S. and even back home in Barbados. We were trying to analyze why the conservative party in the United States seems to so much more vile, inane, hateful and anti-intellectual than any other conservative movement in other leading countries. It was hard to zero in on an all-encompassing answer, but we all could agree that the conservative movement REALLY needed to be hi-jacked away from the NUTS, by the few smart people left in that party before they do irreparable damage – and then Todd Akin opened his big, ignorant, good-for-sh*t-all mouth.

For those who don’t know Todd Akin and have not heard his recent comments, allow me to bring you up to speed. In an interview with KTVI-TV on Sunday, the GOP Senate nominee was asked if he supported abortion in the case of rape – and he said THIS:

So essentially his argument is this: ‘If a woman gets violently raped, has her safety and security stripped from her, and is beaten, maimed and intrusively invaded in the most private of ways, we need to look out for the REAL victim in this whole thing – her unborn, undeveloped embryo.’

Emotional manipulation at it’s finest…

Got it.

Well, allow me to proffer another possible solution to that ignorant, despicable and abhorrent garbage: How about we promote the ideology that rape victims can do WHATEVER the HELL they want with their own bodies, prior to, and especially AFTER, they have been savagely attacked.

I already don’t really care what anyone’s stance is on being pro-choice and pro-life, but to make that a relevant and important matter directly after a woman has been raped is the height of DOUCHE-BAGGERY. The whole “let’s look at rape as LEMONS and rape-babies as LEMONADE” theory is disgusting and flat-out F*^KED UP.

And the idea that pregnancy is some small feat that a woman simply must take some time out of her day to endure is to compare pregnancy to a F*^KING route-canal. Pregnancy is a LIFE-ALTERING change filled with some unpleasant moments, but what makes those moments cute, funny and memorable is the fact that she is either A) going through those ups-and-downs with the person she loves, or b) is happy to be bringing that life into the world. If a woman is forcibly penetrated and impregnated, chances are she is devoid of EITHER scenario, making the pregnancy nothing more than a constant replay of her terrifying and violating sexual-assault. Therefore, if she CHOOSES to abort her pregnancy for HER own sake, how the hell can ANY of us criticize her for that, when only SHE has to live through it?

It’s very easy to say a woman should just carry a baby after she’s raped, but it’s an entirely different story when you take a peak into her life and analyze it’s condition BEFORE the rape. How many women are waiting for marriage before they have kids, or are too busy with their professional and scholastic lives to focus on children? How many women have already found the man they want to have kids with, but are waiting for the right moment? How many women already have children they need to take care of, possibly on their own? How many women have so much going on in their lives that a pregnancy would do nothing but set them back in more ways than one?

THESE are the true VICTIMS of rapeNOT embryos passed along by a piece of sh*t rapist.

08/20/2012 at 2:28 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Do YOU Believe That Rape Victims Should Be FORCED To Have Their Babies When Impregnated During The Assault, Or Should They Be Allowed To Abort Them?

08/20/2012 at 6:27 AM

I honestly believe they should be allowed to do what they decide to do the same way others who haven't been rape are. I hear all of this talk of abortion being illegal but it's so rampant I couldn't tell you if it is or not. It's true a lot of good men and women are the children of some rapist but at the same time, their mothers chose to bring them into this world. I'm not a woman so I can't necessarily understand the idea of pregnancy and or bearing a child after being rape but I think I would leave that to the discretion of the woman.

As for that idiot, I wonder if back in the day any of his female relatives of wife got raped, if he would be singing the same tune. Leave the decision to the woman cause you can't imagine how it feels. I've never heard of an egg rejecting semen because of it's origin but I guess I will have to research that or someone you reads this will enlighten me.

08/20/2012 at 7:22 AM

Men will never fully grasp the concept that on any given day or time, you could possibly be sexually victimized just for having a penis. And because of this, men will never be able to fully appreciate and sympathize with the emotional damage and scarring that comes bc of rape AND a pregnancy that may follow. I don't blame men for having these backward views but I am upset by the women who share them.

4. GMOMMA

08/20/2012 at 8:13 AM

I don't believe it should be a political decision to force a woman to do anything a man cannot be forced to do, and since a man cannot be forced to have a vasectomy or castrated for raping a woman, then stay out of MY VAGINA!!

5. Smilez_920

08/20/2012 at 8:56 AM

Smh… Does he realize how hard it is for a woman to pull herself together after she has been raped. Months and years of therapy, talking , understanding and faith to get her back to her normal life. Now all of a sudden she should have to live with a constant reminder of what happened because you " someone who can't have a baby" and doesn't even know said women, feels the fedus deserves a chance.

What a woman does with her body is her personal decision and no one else. If she wants to have an abortion great if she wants to keep it more power to her. But who is any individual man( or stupid female) to make that decision for her.

6. 2cool4school

08/20/2012 at 9:12 AM

O I thought that these were my ovaries and uterus… my bad here you go government do with it as you wish. That's why I recheck my voter registration every month (excessive, I know) I vote in EVERY election this is F***in ridiculous. My body = My womb and we will not be accepting tenants/fetus

7. Vicky

08/20/2012 at 9:45 AM

WTF? Seriously? I was one never to agree with abortion except for 2 reasons – 1) being for medical purposes, ie ectopic pregnancy or serious malformation and 2) Rape!

I don't care what the government says, they do not nor will they ever know what it good for EVERY person in the country.

8. Kam

08/20/2012 at 10:18 AM

So according to this republican douche bag Akin we have trapped doors in our vagina that can block or retain unwanted sperm. This guy is an idiot and Im surprised he passed high school. He knows nothing about the female reproductive system so why would anyone entrust him to make rules to govern them.

Women should be allowed to do whatever they want with their bodies period.

9. The Advocate

08/20/2012 at 12:05 PM

This was such a ridiculously unbalanced and biased piece!

The man is advocating for life and you all are in here acting like he's the devil. When is supporting the decision to bring a baby into this world a bad thing?? I really think you all need to check the facts and check your morality!!

10. iamkeishabrown

08/20/2012 at 4:47 PM

shouldn't have opened it…shoulda just read the title/article in google reader and walked away.

this topic will NEVER have shortage of opinions, ignorant and ill-informed.

11. Aboriginal

08/21/2012 at 12:01 AM

The Advocate, go fuck yourself.

What the hell have I been reading, I hope some "expert" really didn't say that a woman's body can reject unwanted sperm? If that bs is true, why the hell do you need condoms (besides protection from STDs of course), and morning after pills???

Each year society gets dumber and dumber.

12. beliver in choice

08/22/2012 at 10:31 AM

As a victim of an unprotected rape, I can say even the fear of pregnancy begins to kill you inside let alone the women I have met that ended up pregnant. The decision to abort is not made lightly and those that lost their unborn due to stress have all expressed relief, they attempted to carry to term due to (in their words) a "misguided" belief that they were being ungodly until they relaized how inhumane it is to carry a child into this world that you hate as much as you love, and the love comes from having to carry this child for 9 months knowing just as much as that child is a by-product of your vile disgusting son-of-a-bitch rapist it is also your child though completely unwanted even if you happen to be raped by your partner or in my case former partner. Those who advocate to keep this child do you know what it's like to wake up everyday hoping you're not reminded, do you know what it's like to have to learn to live again? Do you know what it's like to start from scratch? Do you realize all of your former relationships take a strain if they survive at all, that's with friends and family!? So how is it fair to already have been violated then to have to try and fix yourself as take car of a child immediately after. I was raped in May of this year and even with the quick response program I only was granted counseling two months ago, imagine if I was pregnant and wasn't fortunate that I had someone bring me to the police right away to get a rape kit and morning after pill (which doesn't put your mind at ease I waited until my period came then cried like a manic in pure joy.) Ugh as a activist by profession I am extrememly fortunate to know all of my resources but I am rare. And forgetr the fact that most rape goes un reported to begin with meaning these women aren't even always getting support because it means facing it in an unjust system where even my rapist has found the means to flea and become a fugitive and others never even know who did it. Fuck it I'm done some people are just ignorant and unable to understand without experience like Jamaicans say "those who can't hear must feel" but I pray to God no one has to go through this to learn

13. Zackary Kiesel

04/12/2013 at 1:17 PM

Roman Polanski was imprisoned since September when he entered Switzerland’s Zuric Airport for accepting an award. He is not only accused of raping an underage girl of 13 years but also is accused of escaping from the US police since 1978. If the charges against him are proved then he might face severe penalty like extradition. The director though has escaped all charges and has moved freely in different parts of Europe like any other independent citizens, now he will have to defend himself from the charges against him if he wants to live freely rest of his life..

Remember to check into our favorite web portal
    <="http://www.caramoan.ph/caramoan-resorts/