Y’all Can Miss Me With All This BS Condi Rice Praise

There were many speeches at the Republican National Convention this year, but one reigned supreme over the rest and it was Condoleezza Rice’s. She was passionate, eloquent, personable and even nationalistically sentimental without being over-the-top contrite. Her speech drew immense praise from Republicans and even some liberals, swayed by her candour and charm – but her and her speech get NO praise from me. No matter how poignant someone can be, it doesn’t erase their anti-intellectualism and downright IGNORANCE on what’s going on in the world.

For those of you who wanted to see her speech in full, click below:

First off, the reason I don’t give a damn about her personality and charisma is because it’s NOT new to me. As someone who REFUSES to pledge a lifelong allegiance to ANY political party, I am unencumbered by irrational hate, therefore allowing me to see people for who they TRULY are, regardless of their politics. Condi is incredibly smart, motivated, multi-talented [giving the Queen a piano recital] and has a great sense of humour:

From everything I’ve heard about Condoleezza, she is a great woman and I’m more than inclined to believe that she’s probably cool as hell – but seeing that her country is so embattled by such polarizing issues, aligning herself with the party that unapologetically hates and legislates everything she intrinsically is, makes her a coward.

Her tale about her parents growing up in the south and allowing her to believe she could one day be president of the U.S.A. was inspirational – but now she’s advocating a party that would have tried it’s DAMNEDEST to prevent HER parents from even being able to participate in an election. This push to suppress “Voter Fraud” is nothing more than an attempt by Republican politicians governing Republican states, to keep black voters [who statistics prove will be affected more by these new rules than anyone else and who typically vote Democrat] away from the polls – and it’s on schedule to work like a charm:

No amount of Condi’s charisma can get my applause for backing the party that is actively and openly promoting racist laws.

Condi actually went up on that podium and advocated people vote Republican just a week after Todd Akin’s freudian slip about “legitimate” rape, in the midst of conservatives ongoing war against women and their bodies. In regards to this massive gaffe, the greatest trick the Republicans ever pulled was convincing the public that Akin’s views were NOT shared by other members of the party, when that was clearly a LIE. Hell, the party’s nominee for Vice-President, Paul Ryan, had co-sponsored a bill with Akin regarding rape laws. As much as these issues are not necessarily new, the tone of these discussions about women and their choices around their bodies has recently turned particularly nasty from the Sandra Fluke is a “slut” debacle up until now – yet Condi FIRMLY throws her support behind them – which is abject cowardice.

Listen, Condoleezza Rice is NOT some idiot tea-bagger lacking the intellectual capacity to contain her emotional fervour over the president’s perceived kenyan-bred anti-Americanism. This is a woman who mastered the piano at age 3, entered college at 15, attained three degrees including a doctorate in political science and then went on to hold the highest position in a presidential cabinet that any Black woman has ever had. Not only is she incredibly smart, but she IS well versed on racial affairs. Her childhood friend, Denise McNair, was one of the four little girls murdered in the Birmingham Church bombing in 1963, famously documented by Spike Lee. She KNOWS better – and if she doesn’t begin to act better, she will become this:

Crazy-ass Mia Love

Meet Mia Love. She is the mayor of Saratoga Springs, Utah, and the 2012 Republican Party nominee for the United States House of Representatives in Utah’s 4th congressional district – oh and she is also a Black, Female mormon, born in Brooklyn to Haitian immigrant parents [take a second to REALLY digest that sentence]. Everything she campaigns AGAINST [i.e. immigration assistance, eliminating student loan programs, and Black political organizations] embody MOST of what she ACTUALLY is. Although I’d argue she’s mostly an IDIOT.

Oh, and just in case you ever wondered what Mormon’s think of Black people and women:

Now explain how Condi is any better?

08/30/2012 at 4:11 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, What Are YOUR Thoughts On Condoleezza Rice, Her Speech And The RNC?!

08/30/2012 at 4:29 AM

She isn't a coward. I truly believe that she actually agrees with a lot of the policies her party holds whether they would discriminate against her or not. Also, I am a firm believer that you don't have to agree with everything your party embodies in order to vote for them.

Calling her a horrible coward is false. She isn't afraid to stand up for what she believes in. Also, she gains nothing or loses anything for standing beside the republican party. In fact, I would say that she is a strong individual to be her age and to stand up for what she believes in politically. Black people, today, get side eyes for being a republican. She's been a republican where at that time, "sell out" was painted on your house, car, office, etc.

I just accept her for who she is: a republican who charteristically shouldn't be one but has decided, through her own experiences and choices, to be one.

08/30/2012 at 4:31 AM

Also, requiring an ID to vote is something that I actually agree with and have yet to understand why you wouldn't require an ID to vote though I recognize that in some states certain IDs are accepted over others.

4. DWilson

08/30/2012 at 4:59 AM

I'm not going to say she is a coward. She just believes in what she does because she made it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but their are plenty of ppl like this. Ex: Some blacks were like "we made it" when Obama won the election others said "ok HE made it". She made her own way so she is not going to care about the ppl on the bottom..(she more than likely feels if I made it then so can you). She is looking out for self, just like everybody else. Now I will admit some of these rules to vote are dumb, I know for example a woman went to vote she had her drivers license (it was valid) but when she gave it to them they asked if she was married. She said yes and then they asked for a copy of her marriage license. Some states really are trying to find ways not to let some ppl vote.

5. Lady Ngo

08/30/2012 at 5:50 AM

IDK about Condi but there are def a lot of minorities (both women and POC) that are part of the republican party just to get some shine. Its easier to get noticed and get some airtime as a minority who cosigns (whether they really believe it or not) the republican bullshiggidy than it is as a democrat. Or at least this is the conclusion i've come to.

6. Shaun

08/30/2012 at 1:54 PM

I don't get the ID card debate. Where I live, at 18 yrs; the legal voting age, the onus is on the citizen to get a picture national ID card. This also acts as automatic voter registration. On election day ALL voters going to the polls are REQUIRED to have that ID card, no substitutes allowed. No student ID, nothing. And this has been our system for years and it works. As for Condi, if she were a poor, undereducated black woman, she would be voting democrat. Enough said.

7. iluvwhoiluv

08/31/2012 at 9:33 AM

"Again any ID that I can use at the bank, give to a police officer etc..I should be able to use at the voting polls…"

I definitely agree. I, too, am not arguing that the ID isn't necessary, but why change it to a type of ID which will be hard for a lot of people to get in time for the election. Like the situation in Pennsylvania as it pertains to voting. How are they going to get all those people, especially the ones in Philadelphia, the right type of ID in time for the election? If the voter fraud thing was really such an issue, why wasn't it addressed back in the last election? It only seems to be an issue now when they are trying to get Obama out of office; if they can find ways to suppress places which would normally vote Democrat, then it will be easier for a Republican to get in office. If they felt like they could really win fair and square against Obama, why go through extremes to cheat?

I'm just saddened that Condi, whose accomplishments and candor I have a lot of respect for, can back a party which has become so extreme they want to force women to carry children which have been the result of rape or incest, suppress voter rights, make Medicare a voucher program (which my grandmother heavily depends on), and lower taxes on the people who pay the least taxes.

On the same token, I don't agree with the statement "if you are black, you have to vote Democrat." A person should sit down and listen to the debates, see who is in alignment with what you represent. In some cases, it may not be either person. The problem is that sometimes we are so blinded by political affiliation, when the party is talking out of their asses, no one wants to step up and say anything, in fear of being a "traitor."

Like, there are probably Republicans who are not in agreement with the direction the party is going in, but if they say anything, they are accused of being "party traitors," rather than being real or speaking the truth. Same goes for Democrats.

I'm not 100 percent happy with Obama, but I wasn't one of these people who expected him to turn around eight years of Bush damage in four, like some people did when he was voted in. I believed he should have put jobs and unemployment more at the forefront instead of the issue with health care, and once he did address the unemployment issue, he underestimated the amount of stimulus that was needed. There were a couple of times he should have just held his ground but ended up compromising; in some situations, a little too much for comfort.

However, the stance of the Republican party and the people representing it are not in alignment with my beliefs and do not have my best interest at heart. That is the reason why I am going to give Obama another shot, not just because I'm black or because Obama is black. Because initially, I supported Hillary before Obama won the nomination.

Just educate yourself. Listen to what the candidates are saying. Read between the lines. Just pay attention. There are so many people who go to the polls, vote for a candidate and have no idea what the person really stands for; I'm not just talking about on a national level but on a state and local level as well.

8. iluvwhoiluv

08/31/2012 at 9:34 AM

Uh oh, I got a site admin approval message….that's a first.

9. iluvwhoiluv

08/31/2012 at 9:56 AM

Oh dear, does that mean I have to type it out all over again….? I was going off the cusp. (sniffs….)

10. iluvwhoiluv

08/31/2012 at 12:11 PM

This stance I can definitely agree on. I have no objection to people having to show ID when they vote. However, these new voter laws are making it very difficult, and some people (like the situation in Pennsylvania, particularly those in the Philadelphia area) may not get acceptable ID’s in time for this upcoming election. It is amazing this is an issue this year, when the Republicans are trying desperately to get any advantage they can to get Obama out of office, yet the election before, there was none. If the Republicans could truly win fair and square, they wouldn’t need to resort to these type of tactics. Seem kind of suspect to me.

I admire Condi for her accomplishments and her candor. It is unfortunate she is on the wrong side of the issue. I don’t understand how she can support the Republican Party the way it is now. This is the party that supports not giving a rape or incest victim the choice to abort her baby, instead making her carry the child. People who are getting taxed the least will continue to get breaks while the ones paying the most will get none. Seniors will have to try and buy Medicare because Romney and Ryan want to put it on a voucher program. I don’t understand how she can advocate a party which is dead set on making it harder for senior citizens, women, immigrants, and middle and lower class families.

11. iluvwhoiluv

08/31/2012 at 12:20 PM

Also, I don’t think people should just vote for a candidate because he is a Democrat or a Republican. Listen to what the candidates are saying; are the candidates in alignment with your issues and what you represent? I have no doubt there are a few Republicans who don’t agree with the direction the party is going in, yet if they try to speak up, they are silenced and accused of being traitors. Same for the other side. I’d rather hear the truth than see the drawn out process in trying to cover things up. Like the thing with Akin; no need for him to pretty it up; he was just expressing his true beliefs on the situation.

12. iluvwhoiluv

08/31/2012 at 12:50 PM

13. iluvwhoiluv

08/31/2012 at 12:51 PM

14. Shaun

09/05/2012 at 6:47 AM

How long is the your ID card process? Damn! We have IDs from birth, after the child is registered, he/she receives their national registration number (ID number) and is issued with a non-picture ID to be used until 18. For a country so developed I have to wonder how the good old US can't work out a nationwide system?

15. Pingback: I Pledge Allegiance to Which Party?? « From Ashy to Classy