Don’t You DARE Claim To Be PRO-LIFE If You Don’t Love The LIVING

One of the funniest and realest statements I’ve ever heard about extremely conservative pro-lifers is “they love all life beginning from conception – and hate all life beginning at birth.” After getting into a few heated arguments with pro-lifers while watching Deval Patrick and Michelle Obama’s absolutely amazing speeches at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday, I realized that the joke I stated above wasn’t just a hilarious jab at extremist ideologies – it was also [unfortunately] very accurate. The problem with far too many conservative Pro-Lifers is their stance on fetuses and embryos does NOT carry over to humans after birth – which makes them hypocritical DOUCHEBAGS.

If you want to be called PRO-LIFE instead of ANTI-CHOICE, then you need to LOVE ALL LIFE and that should affect your everyday stances on issues that can preserve the sanctity and high-quality of the health and well-being of ALL people on this planet, ESPECIALLY those in your country, city, country and neighbourhood. But when you start advocating things that result in directly HURTING people, you no longer are a genuine pro-lifer – you are just a jackass trying to enforce your stringent and anti-intellectual hypotheses on other people. So with that said, here’s a couple of things you CAN’T propagate while considering yourself a PRO-LIFER:

1) Anti-Universal Health-Care

If you advocate having a healthcare system that BENEFITS off of DENYING people coverage, that can also arbitrarily deny people coverage when they need it the MOST and charge people so much money for simple procedures that makes the illness that almost killed them LESS lethal then the bills about to drown them, you are NOT pro-life. Hell, if you think your country doesn’t need to revamp a healthcare system that is 178th in infant mortality, you are a hypocritical DOUCHE.

2) Anti-Gun Control

Nothing says LOVING life more than protecting the outdated and prehistoric “right” to bear arms, which was instituted at a time when the threat of foreign armies literally kicking in your front door was an actual possibility. If your “LOVING” soul doesn’t CRINGE anytime gun-lobbyists show up at a mass-shooting days after the incident while the blood isn’t even completely dry, just to remind everyone how damn GREAT tech-9’s and AR-15’s are, then you are a hypocritical DOUCHE.

3) Anti-Poor

If during a primary party race, you heard a presidential candidate utter the words “if you don’t have a job and you are not rich, blame yourself!” and you actually applauded that BS, you are NOT pro-life. In fact, I would argue that you need to stop thumping the bible, because you are not even a good Christian. I’m not even a Christian, but even I know James 2:2-6 (If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, ‘Here’s a good seat for you,’ but say to the poor man, ‘You stand there’ or ‘Sit on the floor by my feet,’ have you not discriminated among yourselves and becomes judges with evil thoughts).

And I could go on, but I hope you get the point by now. A TRUE pro-lifer is someone that believes ALL life is precious and great extremes can and should be taken to preserve it. NOT because they want to have dominion over someone else’s rights and freedoms, NOT because they want to push religious propaganda, and NOT because they want to gain votes for a political party – they do it because they GENUINELY care about ALL life – in AND out of the womb.

09/06/2012 at 5:49 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Do You Believe Someone Can TRULY Be PRO-LIFE And Still Hold Views Such As Being Anti-Gun Control And Anti-Universal Health Care?

09/06/2012 at 6:58 AM

Well pro-life means all around so I guess not but realistically no one may be a pure pro-life person in that case. I see pro-life people talk about not aborting children but still encouraging the death penalty so are they really pro-life or are they only talking about the assumed innocent ones?

09/06/2012 at 7:24 AM

One they see as murder and the others they see as personal responsibility.

09/06/2012 at 7:56 AM

I would say that with your argument, you are kind of being the same way as the pro-lifers that you are so against by advocating the extremes that YOU feel are correct. I wish we could get to a point in our political discourse where name calling and being just outright hateful would stop. But I know that it won't.

Everything has a grey area and what you listed above has a ton of grey area from healthcare, to gun control, to helping the poor, to even the death penalty. I don't believe in absolute free healthcare for anyone, I don't believe that a person shouldn't be able to buy and own a gun, and I don't believe that it is my job to help the poor stay poor by always giving. On the flip side, I believe that preventative healthcare should be available and damn near cheap for everyone, no one should be able to buy machine guns, and educational training should be given to the poor.

Even though I see where you were trying to go, I think that pro-lifers see it as a difference bw innocence and personal responsibility.

Also, the stances above aren't directly hurting anyone but they are indirectly contributing to a bigger problem.

5. pe.riche.

09/06/2012 at 8:38 AM

This quote sums up everything:

"I do not believe that just because you’re opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don’t? Because you don’t want any tax money to go there. That’s not pro-life. That’s pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."
    -Sister Joan Chittister, Catholic Nun

6. NurseJilly

09/06/2012 at 8:55 AM

Wow… Great quote

7. Smilez_920

09/06/2012 at 10:01 AM

While some of your examples are a tad extreme, I agree with the gist of the post. Like the quote above I think a lot of ppl are just anti abortion/pro birth.

I don't get why pro life ppl think they have the right to interfer in the choices I make about my body. If you don't believe in abortion that's great, use that rule of thumb in your own personal life, don't use that rule of thumb to dictate mines. And plz dont give that tired excuse about protecting the fetus life. most of the pol yelling pro- life wont be there to buy food and diapers for my child, they won't be there to take him or her back and forth to school, they won't be there to negotiate a higher salary with my boss because I need more money to help pay for child care etc…

There are plenty of babies and children in this world that need saving , focus on them and leave grown women alone about their personal choice.

8. iluvwhoiluv

09/06/2012 at 1:08 PM

I agree, Smilez, I agree.

9. Amberr Meadows

09/07/2012 at 12:13 AM

Love this!

10. Clemente Horodyski

06/06/2013 at 3:46 PM

Induced abortion has a long history and has been facilitated by various methods including herbal abortifacients, the use of sharpened tools, physical trauma, and other traditional methods. Contemporary medicine utilizes medications and surgical procedures to induce abortion. The legality, prevalence, cultural and religious status of abortion vary substantially around the world. Its legality can depend on specific conditions such as incest, rape, fetal defects, a high risk of disability, socioeconomic factors or the mother’s health being at risk. ,.,:

Have a good one