New R&B Podcast [Sep 02/12]: “Welcome To CUFFING Season”

On this weeks podcast we talk about Evelyn Lozada’s sorry-ass Rihanna impression, why you shouldn’t participate in cuffing season and why women need to STOP complaining about being victims of dysfunctional relationships when they are really volunteers.

If you haven’t take the 52-Week Pledge, please click HERE and sign up ASAP.

And what did you think about today’s HOT OR NOT song “I Can’t” by Foxy Brown?!

Also, don’t forget to download the Stitcher Radio app so you can listen to this podcast directly on your iPhone, iPad or android phone by CLICKING HERE.

09/02/2012 at 7:50 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Please Let Me Know What You Thought Of This Weeks Podcast.

2. GrandCentral

09/03/2012 at 12:02 PM

This was by far the funniest of the podcasts. I was literally in tears laughing. I really don't know why Nightline ABC News felt the need to give Evelyn an interview. She is a nobody. Evelyn seems to think that she was and is something of importance which is absolute craziness to me. All that talk about "her fairy-tale" and "the world" was watching and her marriage was the laughing stock of "the world." Okay, like what the fuck was she talking about? Does she really think that people outside of the US really know who she is? People outside of the demographic that watches that terrible VH1 show don't even know who she is. Beyonce is internationally know, Evelyn not so much. The entire story sounds fabricated. Thank you for pointing out the similarities to the Rhianna interview. I could tell that Evelyn watched both of Rihanna's interviews, the Dianne Sawyer and the Oprah, and made a cheap attempt to reenact.

I think you should repost the "round the way girl" post. I missed that one, or can't remember it. I think we have a different definition of a "round the way girl" so I wanna figure out how if differs. I've always considered myself a round the way girl, because I've evolved as a young woman over time, but I am not pretentious and still understand things from around the way, if that makes sense. I think you consider that versatility.

3. darrell

09/03/2012 at 12:38 PM

that Rell joint was nice. what happened to him? he did another song i like, http://youtu.be/3n8qwPjXCpk "real love". that was a cool ass sexy r and b song. Loved the electric relaxtion sample….

• @lincolnablades

09/03/2012 at 1:01 PM

Thanks for the link darrell, I actually really like that song!

4. readthhinkwriteteach

09/03/2012 at 4:47 PM

Really great podcast

09/03/2012 at 5:48 PM

Thanks for listening

09/03/2012 at 8:11 PM

Yes I know I'm a little later than usual but I enjoyed the podcast yesterday. Cuffing is retarded for any grown up person. The tracks this week were good and I can't remember the last or first time I heard the Jay-Z one though I'm not a fan. I wasted 5 mins of my life on Saturday watching that interview so I won't waste too much more though I must admit I loved how she said "3 weeks after MY wedding". Keep up the good work

09/04/2012 at 2:31 AM

Thanks for coming through fam!

09/03/2012 at 9:47 PM

Never heard of cuffing season until I started reading blogs. No comment on that one.

90s music is absolutely wonderful. I remember that Jay-Z song and it brought a smile to my face. Today I was driving and heard Afro Puffs and started bobbing all over my car. :-). You can always play 90s R&B and rap. I miss that time period of music. *sigh* Brings back memories of listening to the Quiet Storm before you went to bed. Total was awesome! Keisha, the really pretty one, is married to Omar Epps. Total simply went away when Bad Boy collapsed in the late 90s. Every group Puffy, P. Diddy, Diddy Pop Bop, or whatever name he goes by, touches goes to crap.

Evelyn's 15 minutes were up 28 minutes ago. That interview sounds like straight ass. But you know what? These are the stereotypical women that are glorified on tv.

"Around the way girls"–I can honestly say that I have ALWAYS been attracted to quiet, chill, nerdy, secure men. Arrogant loud men need never apply. Seriously, even as a kid, I was attracted to guys that showed the truest qualities of being great men one day. But then again, even though I am from the country, my mother didn't raise me with a country mentality. It's how you are raised and not always where you are from that helps to develop who you are attracted to.

Your podcast is becoming very polished.

09/04/2012 at 2:33 AM

Thanks Mena, I'm not sure if you heard my first ever one I did back in May, but I was nervous as all hell! I think I'm starting to get a little comfortable.

But the big question is, are you participating in cuffing season?!

09/04/2012 at 5:02 AM

LOL. No, not participating. At least I don't think so since the opportunity hasn't presented itself…yet. :-). All jokes aside, I don't keep men around just to have "on call penis." Though I've heard that I am missing out.

I wasn't there for your first podcast. I think i started reading and commenting shortly after your first few. I am still waiting for your podcast to enter my iTunes rotation.

09/04/2012 at 11:15 AM

I'm still waiting on it to enter itunes too! But soon tho!

7. NurseJilly

09/04/2012 at 10:13 AM

Laughing my ass off @ the Bret Hart comment!!

Loved it as always!!

09/04/2012 at 11:14 AM

Thanks Jilly! Living up here you should be very familiar with the Cuffing Season rush!

• NurseJilly

09/04/2012 at 2:08 PM

Sure am!! I will not be participating in the cuffing 2012 season:)

8. www.bing.com

12/23/2013 at 9:22 AM

A person necessarily lend a hand to make critically posts I would state.

This is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus
    far? I amazed with the analysis you made to
    create this actual put up extraordinary. Great process!