New R&B Podcast [Sep 09/12]: “There Ain’t A DAMN Thing Wrong With Being Single”

This weeks podcast is VERY special and VERY important to me because I have a few VERY important announcements to make regarding my life and career. Also, I will be touching on the Democratic National Convention, why it’s OK to be single and why it’s NOT OK to be frowsy and ignorant on Facebook.

First and foremost, I have HUGE news [that I just received AFTER recording this podcast]: This R&B Podcast has been added to iTunes!

You can check out my iTunes channel by clicking on this link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/thisisyourconscience.com/id560832534

Now, with that said, I want to introduce you ALL to the beautiful, intelligent and hilarious new member of the R&B Podcast, Jessica L Simien.

Check out her blog site and get more familiar with her: http://jessicasimien.com

And let me know if you’re feeling the Doobie Brothers tune “What A Fool Believes”.

Also, don’t forget to download the Stitcher Radio app so you can listen to this podcast directly on your iPhone, iPad or android phone by CLICKING HERE.

09/09/2012 at 5:02 PM

Once Again, I appreciate all of your support and I will DEFINITELY appreciate you continuing to back me in my new endeavours!

09/09/2012 at 7:22 PM

Another good podcast and I'm glad you are getting your self-titled book out there. I love the Frank Ocean song and pretty much all the others but I'm disappointed in the hot or not section. There's no way you should have to ask if that song is hot or not. That's a classic and that's all I can say.

Facebook updates was one of the many reasons I left it at the end of last year and most of all the other social media outlets have their moments. Bill Clinton in my opinion is the best president in recent times if not at all and his speech was amazing.

09/09/2012 at 8:07 PM

Thanks for the support as usual but the book will be self-published not self-titled…I'm not THAT much of a BAWSE yet lol

• petersburgh

09/10/2012 at 6:56 AM

Sorry that's what I meant. Self-published but I have no idea where I got self-titled from

09/10/2012 at 1:36 AM

Also, I JUST found out today that my podcast has been added to iTunes!

My Channel can be found HERE: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/thisisyourcon

09/10/2012 at 9:36 AM

About damn time! :-)

09/10/2012 at 1:34 PM

Trust me, I know!

09/10/2012 at 9:43 AM

Congrats on all of the projects! Please don't wear yourself down. You still want to make sure that you are putting out quality instead of quantity though I do believe that the quality will be there.

Dude, take us back to the 60s on one of these podcasts. I mean Stevie, Aretha, Gladys, The Temps, etc. Shoot, hook up the 70s as well with some Queen. Your music is always on point.

Not really sure how i feel about Frank Ocean. I love Bad Religion but his metaphors can become too much sometimes. It's almost like he is trying too hard to be really intelligent and complex. I will give him a chance though and listen to his whole album through youtube.

Deleting on FB is your friend. Seriously. Try it. I blame you and only you for having FB friends with those status updates.

Thanks for cluing me in on how some men feel about a woman being single. I have found that it is some men and women who judge others on that. I personally haven't but i just had a serious conversation with one of my closets friends concerning his need to always ask me why am I still single and how it effecting me wanting to tell him details about my personal life. He got the point though I think I kind of upset him unintentionally.

09/10/2012 at 1:34 PM

How did you upset him??

09/10/2012 at 3:17 PM

I pretty much explained to him that that was one part of my life he wouldn't be apart of at the beginning stages if I felt that he continued to judge me.

5. Pingback: *jumps up and down* I Have An Announcement! | JessicaSimien.com | Life : Entertainment : Culture : News

6. Jessica

09/11/2012 at 11:11 AM

Congrats on becoming an author and kicking off the Blog Talk Radio segment! I'm looking forward to reading your eBooks and listening in on the show.

I feel you on the social media status overload. It is definitely getting out of hand! I don't know if people are starving for attention or what, but it's ridiculous. I'm so excited to be participating in the podcast next week and THANK YOU for warning everyone about my very Southern accent. I don't want people sneak dissing me in the comments section :-P

P.S. – I have to disagree with you about Frank Ocean's Sweet Life…it sounds lovely, but Pyramids is way better! LOL

09/11/2012 at 10:20 PM

They will love your accent as much as I do!

7. Chosenblackstar

09/12/2012 at 1:53 PM

Absolutely love your podcasts!!!! Always find myself anticipating the next one. Maybe one day this will become an everyday thing???? Your points make for great conversation pieces between my bf and I.

Congrats on al of your new endeavours and I look forward to all of them!!!!!