New R&B Podcast [Sep 16/12]: “NEVER Ask Who Your Spouse Cheated With”

On this weeks podcast I got a fem more VERY special announcements to make regarding my life and career. Also we will be talking about WHY some blogs have to focus on BS [like Kim K], why there’s a difference between investing in a man and wasting time, and we will be introducing our FIRST ever This Is Her Conscience segment featuring the great blogger and PR specialist, Jessica Simien.

Let me know what you think of this week’s HOT or NOT song and also I hope you all will be able to purchase a copy of my new Ebook, since I really BUST My ASS to put it together. Please check back on this site all week and let me know what you think of it.

Also, please tune in this Tuesday, September 18th to Blogtalk radio to hear my FIRST ever live “Let Me Tell You WHy You’re Wrong” show.

This R&B Podcast has been added to iTunes!

You can check out my iTunes channel by clicking on this link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/thisisyourconscience.com/id560832534

Also, don’t forget to download the Stitcher Radio app so you can listen to this podcast directly on your iPhone, iPad or android phone by CLICKING HERE.

P.s. Sorry about the poorly levelled audio on the interview. I will make sure that doesn’t happen again.

09/16/2012 at 5:06 PM

Ladies & Gentlemen, I REALLY Want To Do R&B As A Live Event – But I Really Need Some Tips And Ideas…

What Do You Think I Would Need To Do In Order To Make Relationships And Bullshit Successful As A Live Show?

2. darrell

09/16/2012 at 5:12 PM

you are the hardest working man in the blogosphere, big things poppin…keep it up

09/16/2012 at 5:21 PM

Thanks darrell, I really appreciate that man I'm trying to go hard right now..!

3. darrell

09/16/2012 at 5:31 PM

let me help you out on the music front….Dawn Penn – No, No No

09/16/2012 at 7:10 PM

Actually that's a big tune for real!

09/16/2012 at 11:40 PM

Congrats on the e-book. The name is definitely intriguing.

For the live R&B event just make it different. Like, I don't know how to tell you to make it different but please try. All that I have heard is that more women come to these events than men. So maybe that is your first step is to figure out a way to get single dudes to come out. You also may not have this problem in Toronto. Also, sometimes the easiest way is the best way. In the sense that you should just have the event be simple. Don't go overboard until you have a nice event that you have done a few times. Then you can go bigger with each new event. Good luck with this b/c planning events can definitely be tricky. Don't try to make it the most amazing event in Toronto but definitely make it a nice event that people will talk about and spread the word so that more people will want to attend the next one.

Why not do the radio show by reading out questions from twitter? That way it is half way anonymous and the person would still be comfortable submitting the questions.

Dealing with bloggers and the content they place on their sites… My take is that I separate bloggers from the news media since blogging is essential a person's opinion and the news "should" be unbiased. So for me, i would never compare the two. If on your blog, you push the fact that you are all about intellectualism, then that is what i expect. If you push that you are about celebrities, then that is what i expect. If you are a mixture of the two, then that is what I want to see. In other words, stay in the lane that you created for yourself b/c that is the reason why I follow your blog. I am personally more interested in politics and without the few blogs that I read, i would know NOTHING about celebrities especially about the black ones. I will say that what draws me to the few blogs that I read is the community aspect. Like all 3 have that for me. It's not so much about the content being amazing but about the discussions that follow. I don't want that from my actual news sources. I want the content to be concise and intellectually stimulating without the audience involvement.

For the segment with Jessica, I had to turn up my volume WAY high when you came on. If my dude cheated on me, I want to know every single detail and I do mean EVERY detail. Personally, I am not taking him back but I will know as much of the story as I can drag out of him. Everyone's closure is different and this would be mine.

Jessica did a nice job for her first time. :-)

Silence is wonderful and there is nothing better than being with someone where you are comfortable in silence. I am more of an introvert so I appreciate less noise so that I can stay more in my head.

09/17/2012 at 2:24 AM

That's a really good idea about Twitter! I will definitely incorporate that into it.

I think Jessica did a great job too!

09/17/2012 at 10:51 AM

First off I apologise for my tardiness. I went to football (u guys call it soccer) and, well, let's just say I wasn't able to make it to work today. I know you will be successful in what ever you put your heart into and FOLLOW THROUGH. I do feel for bloggers sometimes because you always get fans when you write about trivial things like the dress some celebrity wore to the Grammys but if you talked about how the First World raped the Third World and sell back to them, everyone turns their head. I have experienced this on my blog and quite frankly I don't care. I have refused to write on so many celebrity issues but the truth is that we all do it at some point in some way.

I do like our new IHC guest and I think she did great plus I love accents and I need say no more. I would want to know who she cheated with as it won't affect our relationship since most likely that will be it's end. I guess curiosity is it mostly.

The music was nice but I must say I liked the reggae song because it's weird lol. I love weird things and the music has this kinda intriguing, dark feeling to it and the alternative was great. Nice strings and vocals though I was expecting heavy stuff (you twitter lied to me).

For a moment of clarity, I agree. I have too many girl friends that do this. In fact I had 2 exes who stayed longer with the worse men they had and that's by their own admission. I think women need to choose more carefully what's a lost cause and what's worth fighting for. Again it goes both ways but I'm a man so there ya go.

The truth is I like events that are live and if I had lived in Toronto I'd be at BOTS and anything of the sort I could attend so yes I think you can do it plus you must do one when I reach up there

09/17/2012 at 1:51 PM

Thanks for coming through my dude. The hard rock I'm talking about will be played NEXT week – and will give a few people heart attacks!

6. GrandCentral

09/17/2012 at 1:44 PM

This was a really good show. I think I say this every week, but who cares if I am repetitive. This podcast got me through my workout, so I greatly appreciated it.

There was so much covered I don't know where to begin. Last evening was a wonderful evening of coincidental messaging and knowledge. First, I watched the DVR of Jennifer Hudson's interview with Oprah, then I subjected myself to Usher's interview with Oprah and then I was listening to your show and heard Sherry Sheppard's stupid rant. (I'll get to her and what I think of her shortly) All three were focused on other seeing things that we sometimes refuse to see or try to ignore, because "we are in love." I hate to go here, but I am going to, to prove a point. Julia's Hudson married a man who told her over 25 times that if she left him, he would kill her entire family and then kill her. Jennifer in the interview said "she didn't trust this guy when they were in the 6th grade." By 8th grade he went to jail. This is who Julia choose to bring around her son? Jennifer and her entire family begged Julia not to marry this guy and she ignored their pleas and advice of the warning signs that they say all long. Jennifer even told her sister "I’ll fly you all around the world, please just don't marry him." Julia went ahead and IGNORED what everyone around her was saying and married him. She then ignored his very warnings to her and now her son, mother and brother are no longer here. I know that God controls our fate and everything happens for a reason, but this was senseless and could have been avoided, had Julia just listened to her sister and family. Same thing with Usher. A mother's love for her son is indescribable and there isn't anything she would do, especially a single mother. When your mother refuses to show up at your wedding and not a single person has anything good to say about the woman you are about to marry – THAT IS A CLEAR SIGN! Something is wrong. So Sherry Sheppard is a F&(king idiot! I don't know what's wrong with women today. I don’t know if its self esteem or upbringing or what, but it makes no sense. If people who truly love you and care about your well being tell you that the person you are involved with is no good, listen and don't just ignore it.

Jessica was great! I learned a new phrase “friend girls.” I saw on the iTunes podcast that you acknowledge that the sound was messy, so I won’t bother you about it 

Silence! I love silence! I like to keep a clear head and am compatible with someone who likes to keep a clear head as well. Appropriate silence definitely aides in that. It’s so much fun getting lost in the moment.

Lil Kim Hardcore – a classic! I also had it on cassette tape too. Remember CD’s were more expensive than cassettes then. Another song that was like that, was Kim and Biggie on “Life After Death” – “Another.” I knew (and still do) the lyrics to that song frontwards and backwards. I really had no business listening to that stuff at such a young age.

09/17/2012 at 1:55 PM

Thanks for articulating what I'm saying about Sherri Sheppard's quote. I hate how she framed it like GOOD men are just up and leaving GOOD women, as if he didn't show his douchebag colours long before that.