The 52 Week Pledge: Let’s Get Serious About ACCOUNTABILITY [Week 2]

Since beginning this journey to chase my dream, I have been incredibly amazed, not just at the number of people that have taken this year-long pledge and accepted the challenge, but more at the fact that new people keep hoping on this bandwagon to join us in this pursuit of achieving our goals. This weekend I found out that my boy decided to take the pledge, but this challenge has provided him with a very tumultuous week. Seeing as weight loss is one of his big goals, he called me this weekend in a frantic state because it was 1 AM in the morning and he was leaving a bar STARVING, and didn’t want to eat any BS food. He doesn’t know ENOUGH about nutrition to make healthy food choices [as he has JUST begun this journey] and he had no clue what to do if you are trying to lose weight, but hungry as hell at the same time. While struggling to communicate to him what he needed to do, a light bulb went off in my head: This is such a typical example of the struggles MANY of us are going through right now – finding ourselves in a familiarly bad place, without the SUPPORT we need to help us through THAT moment.

Here is the ORIGINAL PLEDGE POSThttp://www.thisisyourconscience.com/2012/08/tiyc-presents-the-52-week-pledge-i-challenge-you-to-get-closer-to-your-dreams/

Being a writer, one of my biggest obstacles to overcome is staying motivated and avoiding distractions that keep me from doing everything EXCEPT writing. And it’s at THESE moments I wish I had someone to communicate my thoughts to ["C'mon bruh, get your raggedy-behind off of these old No Limit videos on Youtube and FOCUS!"]. And it dawned on me that we ALL have those moments too, and one of the BIGGEST parts of this challenge that we ALL PLEDGED to, was not only to chase OUR dreams but hold everyone else accountable for chasing their dreams as well.

As amazing as you all have been in fearlessly propelling yourselves in the direction of your goals, I think there is more we can do to help one another out and keeping each other accountable, so here’s my idea:

I have created a public LIST on Twitter on my page [@lincolnablades] called FIFTY-TWO WEEK PLEDGERS that I would like you all to provide your Twitter handles for [so we can all follow your success stories] and also subscribe to [so you can also stay updated on all of our trials, tribulations and triumphs right as they happen]. Obviously these lists will follow ALL of our tweets, so I would like you all to reference the hashtag #52WKPLEDGE whenever you are asking a question or posting a comment you want us ALL to see.

I know not everyone is on Twitter or even a big fan of using it, but I think this can be a GREAT method for helping us stay current on keeping each other on track. As always, we will still report our successes and setbacks here every Wednesday, but Twitter will just act as a nice intermediary in between the week. If you guys have any other ideas I would love to hear them too.

But mostly what I want to hear is HOW DID YOUR WEEK GO? Were you able to execute your first step to following your dream? What small step do you have planned for THIS week?

As always, keep grindin’ y’all.

09/12/2012 at 4:55 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, if you would like to be apart of the Twitter list, please drop your Twitter name so I can start following you immediately.

Also, please share how your week went and let's all make sure to help at least one person out with whatever motivation or advice we can!

09/12/2012 at 4:59 AM

Once again, my twitter handle is @lincolnablades

My week was actually INCREDIBLY progressive [for the first time in what feels like forever!]
    – My podcast [Relationships & Bullshit] is FINALLY on iTunes
    – I'm starting a live radio relationship-insight call in show on Blogtalk radio on Thursday
    – I finished my first EVER ebook ["The Myth Of The Multiple Orgasm"] and I'm just doing the touch-ups on the lay out now
    – I decided that I will be self-publishing my book instead of traditional publishing and I will be releasing that book in the 1st quarter of 2013
    – I'm starting a publishing company

I didn't sleep last week, but I'm proud of the small moves I was able to make..

• Jessssssssss

09/12/2012 at 12:37 PM

Linc,

congrats! As always you are making moves that inspire me to keep it pushing! Great job. I can't wait to support your e-books (which are my favorite by the way…bc I can read them on my phone bc I'm always on the go.). I will make it my business to spread the word.

I know this is your "brain-child"/ "baby" but I know you need just as much encouragment as we do. You are doing an outstanding job not only as a trailblazer for the movement to live our dreams but also as innovative and vital part of the literary community.

Keep up the good work! I see you.

Jess.

09/12/2012 at 1:32 PM

Thanks Jess, I really hope I'm helping people out and I look forward to my own projects doing well.

• Bee

09/12/2012 at 2:44 PM

Dope, dope, dope. Looking forward to everything to come! Now get some damn sleep!

09/12/2012 at 3:18 PM

HA! Will do! Although I must say I've been up lately more out of excitement than necessity!

• GrandCentral

09/12/2012 at 4:53 PM

Good Damn Job!!!

You've actually got me a little jealous. I need to write more and read more. However, when you start your publishing company you can publish my novel. My friend and I have been trying to write it for 7 YEARS. 7 YEARS. It's in my head and has evolved over the years, but it is quite genius and a good story. My friend and I did our vision boards at the beginning of the summer and we were supposed to write throughout the summer, but I got hung up on novel writing software and didn't stay committed. You've actually motivated me to get the ball rolling on this. I've got the chapters (a cool concept, not your typical chapter numbers) and characters, plot all that good stuff. Just need to get it to paper.

I'm pretty excited about your blogtalk show. I thought your show should have been live initially, but have grown to love the podcast. I will definitely support all of your books, just let us know when and where.

09/12/2012 at 9:15 PM

Thanks for the support! It's a lot of work but I love what I'm able to do right now!

• Maisha

09/13/2012 at 6:29 AM

Awesome on getting the podcast to iTunes. I was a first time listener on Sunday due to the link you posted for Stitch. No I can no longer use the "I don't have time" excuse, I can listen on my phone!

09/13/2012 at 1:05 PM

Thanks for listening Maisha! Hope you get to listen more in the future

• 3Ls

09/13/2012 at 7:03 AM

Awesome! Moves! Moves! How do you plan to market the ebook since you are self publishing?

09/13/2012 at 1:06 PM

Well one of the biggest ways will be through this website. With the traffic I get, if I even get 0.01% of the visitors to buy the book, I will be laughing.

3. LINDA

09/12/2012 at 6:39 AM

My Twitter handle is @lindaskindiva. My big excitement so far this week was having Iyanla Vansant send me an e-mail diatribe on why she's have Evelyn L on her tv show. So I'm pushing somebodies buttons just not the right peoples.
    -A professional org. posted my Huff Post article on the front page of their newsletter.
    This weekly reporting is a good thing although frigging depressing. Clearly I need to do better targeting to achieve my goals so I have something to report.

• Steph Johnson

09/12/2012 at 9:30 AM

Hey Linda! It shouldn't be depressing you but motivating you to start taking baby steps to achieving your goals. I didn't fair so well in my 1st week neither but instead of being sad about, this is actually encouraging me to do better!

• LINDA

09/12/2012 at 9:47 AM

Thanks Steph you are on point. My husband shared that he felt I was basing accomplishments on other's responses rather than personal actions- a fast lane road to self defeat as we have no control over other people. So in reassessment, last week I wrote 3 new blogposts including one on skin care pioneer and Fashion Fair model Irma Denson. AND I crafted a letter to the producers at OWN network that elicited a response.

• Steph Johnson

09/12/2012 at 10:25 AM

Yea I got caught up in that too! What is your blog so I can subscribe?

09/12/2012 at 1:42 PM

Linda I find it interesting that these reporting sessions could make you depressed, because you have been one of my personal sources of inspiration. Being in huffpo is one of my long-term goals and to see how well you rocked it, and how much bigger things are on the horizon for yourself, it's actually very intimidating.

Every week you've been doing great, and I've learned from people a lot smarter and more successful than me that enjoying your journey to the top is actually more important that enjoying it while you're there.

4. Steph Johnson

09/12/2012 at 10:18 AM

My twitter handle is @stepjohnson16. I recently updated so I will provide what my goals are for this week:
    Write everyday this week on my novel.
    Get back on track for Crossfit.
    Cut out sweets and sugar
    Research book industry, bookstores
    A goal I never mentioned earlier was starting an online magazine for black hair. I've been a long time subscriber to Sophisticate's Black Hair, this goes back to my mom having this magazine when I was a kid, but I've noticed with this magazine and even with Essence they recycle the same celebrities and same articles in their magazines.
    I feel like sometimes I'm doing too much and these goals can be unattainable but I would like help in not getting overwhelmed and to stop second guessing my abilities. I really appreciate that I can express my dreams and goals on here. Thanks!

09/12/2012 at 1:46 PM

Hi Steph, I can't find that twitter name. Is it @stephjohnson16?

I don't think you are doing too much, unless you believe you can make huge equal steps to all your goals everyday. That's where keeping focused is very important.

You're doing great!

5. Bee

09/12/2012 at 10:32 AM

Last Wednesday I worked the media table at the Caribbean Tales Film Festival opening gala in Toronto. Prior to the feature screening, they did a slideshow of the contributing partners, and seeing "'83 To Infinity" on a damn big screen was awesome.
    I sent 2 pitches last night to 2 different publications, so I'm waiting to hear some good news from that…
    Job interview next week – send positive thoughts please!
    I'm doing a radio show this Thursday on diversity in social media…that's something new for me!
    Following up with Ford about doing a partnership with them next month…mattafack, lemme go send them another email…

Scared of jinxing things, but want to share so hopefully we can all compile positive vibes into powerful action…let's get it!

• Jessssssssss

09/12/2012 at 12:40 PM

Do it! You rock! Your amazing! Gitterdun!

All that.

Your a mover and a shaker and I like it. Happy for your current success and all that is to come.

Jess

09/12/2012 at 1:51 PM

Oh wow, lots of big moves on the horizon! Keep it up!

• GrandCentral

09/12/2012 at 4:12 PM

Positive Vibes from me to you. It's going to happen. Just remember you want the right things to happen in the right order for you.

You are being so proactive and that is such a great thing.

• Lia

09/12/2012 at 5:33 PM

I just wanted to tell you how inspirational reading this was. I think that we are on completely different paths, but I love how all of these different things are coming together for you. It is a reminder to me to keep on going…

• Maisha

09/13/2012 at 6:30 AM

Great job, Bee – keep it up!

6. Tiko

09/12/2012 at 12:38 PM

My twitter name is agreeneyedchica.

I've completed my life coaching certification course and now just have to pass the exam. I'm also preparing for a showcase I'll be singing in. I've picked out the song I'll be singing and I've submitted the track for it. I've also been incorporating new, healthy habits into my daily routine to make surr I take good care of myself and stay balanced and centered while focusing on my goals.

09/12/2012 at 1:53 PM

You sing?! I got nothing but support for you!

When is the exam?

• Jesssssssss

09/12/2012 at 5:10 PM

what state was this life coaching certfication course hosted in?

7. Jesssssssss

09/12/2012 at 12:55 PM

This past week has been a journey in hell on earth for me. I lost one of the most important people in my life at the hands of those that should be protecting and serving (not an idiot practicing for Nascar prelims). But I'm stronger for it. With that being said…

Exercise was lacking but my eating is much better. I have incorporated living foods into more diet.

Linc I cried so hard hearing you give a shout to Brandon (R.I.P.) and supporting me in my time of grief. My heart was truly touched. It really means alot to know that people take time out to care. THANK YOU.

I'm really brainstorming with my team (I have a team!) on the right way to approach all of the projects I will be juggling in the next 50 weeks we have left.

I'm moving forward with audio books, my music and a podcast. I'm currently looking into what programs to use to make this happen.

ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.

Love and other indoor sports,

Jess
    find me on twitter @jessicaw1981
    blog: jestingandthings.com

09/12/2012 at 1:55 PM

My pleasure Jess! I hope you are feeling much better.

And I didn't know you did music??!

• Jesssssssss

09/12/2012 at 2:20 PM

If you remember…

One of my earlier blogs http://redeemedworld.org/?p=2453 I talk about how I can sing but don't function in full confidence. This is all mainly because I am use to being in the background. I sing but I really haven't been sure up to this point on who my audience is. But I've made a decision that like just like my writing I do have an audience that will be able to understand vibe with what I have to offer.

I will begin this journey by doing YouTube videos with covers of my some of my favorite songs and progress into recording my own stuff.

One of my biggest fears so don't let me off the hook!

09/12/2012 at 2:23 PM

Ok cool, when are you doing your first video??

• Bee

09/12/2012 at 2:49 PM

So sorry for your loss, girl. Hoping you find more strength and peace as the days go on.

Good moves on your goals though! In regards to health-wise stuff, you should check out heyfranhey.com – it's an awesome site for natural beauty, diet, and fitness tips!

• Jesssssssss

09/12/2012 at 5:07 PM

thanks for the support Bee!

I'll check out the website and share my progress.

• GrandCentral

09/13/2012 at 9:18 AM

So sorry to hear about your loss. You've already acknowledged that despite your pain you know that this will make you stronger, so I know that you will get through this difficult time.

You are on the right track. Diet is 70% of the process. Abs are created in our kitchens, so as long as you do one of the two, you will be fine.

Exercise will actually help you with everything. Even when you are not feeling up to par, just 30 mins of walking will make you feel better. I know it gets hard, so I completely understand.

• Jesssssssss

09/13/2012 at 12:51 PM

Thanks so much GC. I appreciate of the support.

My diet is improving daily. The exercise consistency is my biggest setback at this moment. I have to committ and get it together. Period.

8. Jesssssssss

09/12/2012 at 2:44 PM

*major side-eye at Linc*

lol. I knew you were going to ask me that!

Ok. By midnight PST tonight. I will make sure I add it to jestingandthings.com and tweet it to you.

If I'm in tears and ask you not to listen to it because I sound like a dog howling at the moon please ignore me and provide an honest critique.

Shaking in my boots.

-Jess

09/12/2012 at 3:17 PM

I will be interested to hear how it goes and something tells me it will be good!

9. GrandCentral

09/12/2012 at 4:10 PM

My twitter handle is @chansa2

This week proved to be quite exciting. I think I even shocked myself. Last week I committed to applying to the young entrepreneurs program that I learned about in the prior week. Well, I applied and got in! It's an intensive boot camp with homework, lectures, networking — the whole package. I got notified yesterday and I start this Saturday. I have my first slew of homework assignments which will be due by Friday evening. It's a lot of stuff to get done in a short period of time, so I have to quickly reshuffle my schedule and commitments for this week.

Yesterday I also learned about this Focus100 Symposium coming up in October and I got really lucky and was able to get a deeply discounted ticket to attend. This is another networking and learning opportunity that will partner well with the young entrepreneurs program. I am taking baby steps each week that seem like they will pay off, and help me start my company.

I didn't get to start the Yoga Challenge that I wanted to start, because my schedule has gotten insane lately and I didn't feel like I could fully commit. I am going to aim to do the challenge in October or December. In the meantime, instead of forcing myself to stop eating diary cold turkey, I am going to slowly ween myself of of it. This may be a more focused approach.

So with all of that, I have a new challenge that I need to address that will aide me in completing all the tasks. I've got to get more organized and disciplined with my schedule. I am going to revert back to combining my work and personal calendars and delegate time to every task including waking up, working out and going to sleep. Any additional tips are welcome.

• Jesssssssss

09/12/2012 at 5:08 PM

you can do it all!

*yelling through my bullhorn*

• GrandCentral

09/13/2012 at 12:19 AM

Thank you! I appreciate it.

09/12/2012 at 5:44 PM

Great work!

In your schedule, have you allocated personal time and work-out time?

• GrandCentral

09/13/2012 at 9:21 AM

Sort of. I used to have a mind and wellness block on my calendar, but took it off because the times never worked for me. I workout, but not at a set time and it's not built in, nor is personal time, so i'm scrambling a bit during the work week to fit everything in. I really need to do that.

• Maisha

09/13/2012 at 6:33 AM

GrandCentral – this link may or may not help you get more things done, or do them more efficiently: http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/5-essential-ways

• GrandCentral

09/13/2012 at 10:22 AM

Maisha you get a big hug from a far. That was an excellent article and excellent site. I've picked up a few things to implement today. Good recommendation! I really appreciate it.

• 3Ls

09/13/2012 at 7:12 AM

Great stuff. Great stuff. As for your weaning, have you decided how you are to do this? What will you cut first? Yoga- start by doing stretches when you wake up. Nothing crazy. Just get your body used to doing something before the shock. Lol.

10. Lia

09/12/2012 at 4:15 PM

I did indeed. My goal was to lay out a financial strategy to save for my move next year. I did a lot of reading on financial planning over the weekend and researched strategies to moving to different cities. I definitely succeeded in laying out a plan that I believe will be successful. But what I found was very eye opening: there is a lot of wasting going on in my life. Not just spending of money either. I found that I waste a lot of time and energy on things and people that are not at all productive or getting me any closer to my goals. It was interesting to see how when I started to focus on the goal I started to realize that some of the little things are really nothing more than distractions. Reading about strategies meant that I didn't have time for some of the things that I do on the regular, and I realize that that was okay…

This next week, I will start keeping a spending journal where I keep tabs on everything that I spend my money on. Bills, food, clothes, concerts, everything. I read that if I do it for about a month it will help me to understand what I will need to do to get my financial strategy to be successful. I get the feeling that I'm going to find that I have to cut back on some things, but I'm willing to sacrifice if that's what it takes.

• Lia

09/12/2012 at 5:21 PM

Oh, and I felt so proud of myself this weekend for finally finishing a book. I have a tendency to read and get distracted about halfway through. But I got a Suze Orman book on finance for the young and could barely put it down. Finished it in two days…

09/12/2012 at 5:46 PM

Suze Orman is GREAT and smart as hell about finances! Sounds like you have made a lot of great progress this week and I would like to hear the results of your spending journal.

• GrandCentral

09/13/2012 at 12:16 AM

Lincoln is right. Suze is fantastic! Young, Broke and Fabulous is an excellent book to start with. When you purchase it, you get access to her website and it has a few financial planning tools. One of my favorite websites for budgeting is mint.com. It links directly to all of your accounts and shows you where you are spending and helps you to create a budget in categories. You can put the app on your mobile phone and setup alerts to telling you when you are approaching your target budget and/or spending or savings goals. It's great! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. It will make your journaling easier.

• Lia

09/15/2012 at 11:31 PM

Thanks, I will definitely check that site out.

• Dee

11/20/2012 at 5:40 AM

Reading this reminds me to be on my ish. I've been feeling like I'm progressing in my goals, which has led to such joyous feelings I wanna be around people and socialize more. I realize now I need to remind myself fun isn't getting me anywhere. It's "Do you wanna have a good time Dee or do you wanna achieve your goals?" I know it's good to lead a balanced life, but I tend to extremes and this was a push back onto the road of the ant. (As opposed to that of the grasshopper, which I've been for a while). Good job Lia.

11. @Funms

09/12/2012 at 5:32 PM

Twitter handle- @funms

The week brought more progress. I've taken the right step and started the cambridge diet program to kickstart my weight loss program. I want to shed the water weight before hitting the gym and eating right.. In the past I'd never gone past day 1 and I'm on day 4 now with no intention of quitting before my 2 week plan ends

To achieve my business and entrepreneur goal, I joined a networking group of women to share ideas for growth

Also I decided to tell a segment of my target market about my online store as part of ways to improve sales.

I feel more disciplined and focused. Thanks for this platform

09/12/2012 at 5:48 PM

My pleasure Funms, though it sounds like you are extremely focused and motivated all on your own right now.

If you have any tips you want to share about weight loss, please feel free to share. I think it's the one goal many of us share in common.

• @Funms

09/12/2012 at 5:56 PM

Thanks :D
        For weightloss, I've started reading a lot about nutrition and exercise and a great resource is Fitness Magazine's website- http://www.fitnessmagazine.com It has so many info on nutrition and exercising. Once I'm done with this detox, I plan on getting at least 30 minutes of exercise 4 times a week and eating more vegs and fruits
        Also avoiding white carbs and sugar

I think the most important thing is to understand that it's not an instant fix and weight loss is a journey so it requires us to take it step by step for it to be sustainable.

Will share more as I make progress.

09/12/2012 at 6:13 PM

Thanks Funms! Those tips are all really good to start with.

09/12/2012 at 6:10 PM

Yes Lincoln and all others, my week was really filled with research. As Lincoln would know I am trying to get my blog http://www.petersburgh.wordpress.com to look more professional and more unique to me. I'm still on the hunt for a gym that suits my needs, budget and logistics but I'm working on that.

09/12/2012 at 6:12 PM

Any luck on the domain name?

And is Surfside too expensive?? I went there for a bit, but that place started to stretch my budget too much.

• petersburgh

09/12/2012 at 6:25 PM

I was just checking the site you gave me and now I have even more questions again lol.

Yeah surfside always was. Funny thing is my friend's father is who owns it and even him don't get discount. There's a smaller gym in my neighbourhood that I have to check out. It's like a 5 minute walk so I can do early morning workouts. Thanks for the support

13. Jared Cole

09/12/2012 at 7:00 PM

@Jay_Cole_26 is my twitter account. I've done some research on how to recruit some people into the company I just joined and one think I can do is use the website I was provided, but also create my own personal website/blog from scratch to lure people in to join me. That way I can weed out the people who are serious and who aren't serious about making money. I'm struggling right now ,but there's noway I'm giving in. I'm going to continue to work my ass off. I also enrolled in a private young men's development group called Rock stars. Basically this group teaches young men like myself how to be a over all better man. They will touch on topics such as finding your purpose, how to run a business, how to confidently approach and talk to women, health and wellness, and etc. This is only for $100 a month for 6 months so I could not miss the opportunity to help develop myself, as I know in many ways the money will come back to me. I also will me doing a 7 day trail at Extreme couture MMA gym in Toronto. I was told that the workouts are brutal and you will be doing the same workouts as the MMA fighters, but I want the results at the end of the day so I'm up for a little pain.

09/13/2012 at 1:51 AM

You doing some good work Jared, keep it up! It's definitely gonna be some pain, but you said bro, it pays off in the end.

14. Maisha

09/13/2012 at 6:16 AM

So I'm a little late in posting my progress for the past week, but I am still on track. I decided to first look into the organizations that support ex-offenders and I ended up finding a few essays on rehabilitation outside as well as inside our prison systems.

Since I was just taking a superficial look at what is currently available, I realized that it might be more beneficial if I went straight to the source: current offenders. My coworker's sister works at Rikers Island so I will see if I can possibly do interviews with both staff and inmates alike to see what I can learn. I'm not terribly familiar w/ Rikers, so if the population is too "high risk", I may be better off starting with a different correctional facility.

I'm rarely on Twitter anymore, but for the purpose of our work here, I will try to be more active. My handle is @ELGCareerCoach.

• 3Ls

09/13/2012 at 7:19 AM

Maisha, good idea. How easy is it to speak to offenders and staff? Also do you have a target group, such as women only or is it general?

• Maisha

09/13/2012 at 8:47 AM

I would think that if you had the proper paperwork, have been screened, and have a legit reason for wanting to speak to the staff and inmates, then it shouldn't be too difficult. If that doesn't work, I will look for an existing org that works w/ re-entry and ask if I can speak with the people there.

My target group would be men, but I'm not sure if I should pick an age range within that population, or focus on repeat vs. first-time offenders.

09/13/2012 at 2:20 PM

That's an amazing goal! Where do you want to be by this time next week with this?

• Maisha

09/16/2012 at 11:42 AM

To have read at least 5 of the reports that have been published by the justice dept and other sources on the topic.

• Kema

09/13/2012 at 1:18 PM

You have my support! I have a few friends that have been to prison and have trouble when they get out. What exactly are you trying to do?

• Maisha

09/16/2012 at 11:47 AM

Find the best way to help them get jobs and counsel them on getting back in and staying in the workforce.
        Do you think your friends would mind if I asked them some questions about their the obstacles they face when trying to get jobs? I'm a complete stranger to you and them so I understand if the answer is no
        :-)

15. 3Ls

09/13/2012 at 7:29 AM

Sorry it took me a while to figure out where to post. Earlier this week I signed up for a French class in which I begin in Oct. yay!
    For my girls group, I have found a partner. We will be brainstorming this weekend on the proper moves to make.
    Honestly, I will say I haven't figured out the GIS and relationship part. If anything I pushed myself further away on the latter. Not sure how to move forward.

• Maisha

09/13/2012 at 8:56 AM

What type of girls group will you be starting? And what will you be doing w/ GIS once you are a mid-level developer?

09/13/2012 at 2:22 PM

If there's anything I can help with on assisting with French, just let me know, since half my family is bilingual.

Keep pushing!

16. Kema

09/13/2012 at 1:48 PM

Well I made a few baby steps with the diet and studying. I know it will not be enough but its a start. I will start fresh this week and make sure to maintain my food journal.

09/13/2012 at 2:22 PM

Good news Kema! If you want to join our Twitter group, just let me know.

17. fourpageletter

09/14/2012 at 2:23 AM

*grabs pom-poms
    KEEP GOING EVERYONE!!!!!
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!

18. Moi

09/17/2012 at 3:30 AM

A bit late reporting but hey…better late than never.

Last week was overwhelming and very stressful!!. One of my goals has been to get a promotion and as they say be careful what you ask God, coz he will give it to you. So last week was full of work assignments, with leadership responsibilities coming from left, right and centre. When I felt I was close to cracking under the pressure, I decided to take a couple of days off, to relax so as not to lose my mind. Meditation has helped me clear my head. Today (Monday) I have been able to do all the things I was scheduled to do last week, and it isnt even half day!! At first I felt guilty for not being active but now I see that I needed to press pause.
    I haven't done my exercise (hide face) but my diet has improved.
    This week, I am back with a vengeance.

• Maisha

09/17/2012 at 7:28 AM

Congrats on the promotion! Pressing pause is always a great thing to do. Keep it up!

• Gildo

05/17/2014 at 7:03 PM

Helen thank you so much for choosing to GIFTASHIFT to Waverley Care, we relaly appreciate your support. This is such a brilliant idea and we hope it encourages lots of people to GIFTASHIFT to charity in 2011!

09/20/2012 at 3:03 PM

Hey Moi are you on Twitter? Because I would love to add you to our 52 Week list so we can all keep up and support each other?

19. J_Hova

09/17/2012 at 3:52 PM

I would like to take the time to Thank you Lincoln for doing this. I don't know you but a friend posted an article from this site on FB and I've been hooked ever since. Once again thank you, websites like this and the peoples that are here are the type of people I would politick with.
    I find too often we in the Urban community are too focused on partying and Bullsh!t and not on assisting and motivating ourselves and others. This pledge is the type of tool that everyone should have in their life.
    I have started my goals and dropped my weight down 5lbs since the beginning of September, I enrolled in a course on virtualization to further my I.T. career and have a 2 year career plan laid out. I cleaned the walkout at the back of my house and painted it. I will further create a timeline for a script I'm working on. Bit by bit I will create and accomplish goals. Life is not about quantum leaps, its about improving yourself day by day to build upon your small improvements, giving you a slight edge over your previous self.

09/20/2012 at 3:04 PM

Man I appreciate you being apart of this because this challenge wouldn't exist without everyone's support and helping one another. If you're on Twitter, send me your user name and I will add you to the list so we can all keep track of our success much easier.

20. Dee

11/20/2012 at 5:51 AM

Please add me to the twitter too. I'm not great with that thing . . . @DianBlair. Thanks, Lincoln.

21. Pingback: Week 1…(annnnd 2 & 3) | Last Laugh

22. That is definitely quite attention-grabbing, You’re a extremely experienced doodlekit. We’ve become a member of your current feed and appear forward to in search of added of this amazing posting. In addition, We’ve discussed your website in my social networking sites