Don’t Try To Use MY KIDS To Prove Your Ridiculous Point

So after yesterday’s post about the Bus Driver who went Rumble in the Jungle on the young ratchet hoodrat who invaded his bus and personal space, I was pleased about the discussion based on ONE major point: No one posed the ridiculously anti-intellectual question “What if that was YOUR daughter?” In my opinion, that is the absolute LOWEST form of intelligent argument that a human being can make. To pose a made-up scenario, which places YOUR child in the heart of the situation, either being treated harshly or doing some ignorant BS, is so far-removed from logic that the question becomes a mindless paradox. Instead of asking me “what would YOU do if that happened to your son or daughter?” why don’t you ask “Is it possible for a child YOU raised to even be IN that scenario in the first damn place?”

When it comes to parenting, the one thing that scares me the most, yet I take the most pride in, is the concept of character building. Once your child is born, their mental and emotional capacities, reflexes and instincts are developed and nurtured by YOU, through everything you teach them, everything they see IN you and all the ways they observe YOU act in society. Even before they experience direct socialization, their initial ideologies on the world and how to behave in it are formed through their relationship with YOU. One day, when I finally have kids, I will have the all-important task of managing their young mental states and that’s a job I take very seriously.

But this is clearly NOT a duty that ALL parents give equal importance to. Some parents neglect their kids, or act as terrible role-models, or abandon their children when they need them the most. The truth is, some parents SUCK, and by SUCKING, they are irreparably damaging their children’s young psyches and inundating them with a host of future problems. Now I’m NOT saying that bad parents are the SOLE excuse for the existence of frowsy people, or that bad kids are ALL the result of bad parenting, but I AM saying that the MAJORITY of musty-ass kids, sans mental-health problems, can be traced back to irresponsible parenting.

Like classless-ass troglodytes starting sh*t on a public bus.

Please, don’t ask me what if that girl was my daughter, because my simple response is that girl could NEVER be my daughter. There is no way on GOD’S GREEN EARTH, I could FAIL as a father ENOUGH to make that pathetic behaviour be seen as acceptable or smart by ANY of my offspring. When it comes to publicly disrespecting someone and treating them like absolute sh*t, she DEFINITELY wouldn’t get that from me OR her mother. She wouldn’t have learned that from her grandparents, who have raised children ALL without ANY criminal records. She definitely wouldn’t have gotten that her hardworking aunt with her masters degree, or her uncle who only has a high school diploma, but has worked HARD and RESPECTFULLY his entire life.

So where would she adopt this behaviour from?

Oh, I know TV and society, right? WRONG. Because any child of mine would be hip to media influence and would be removed from consuming and ratchet-ass BS until they were adults themselves.

So the next time you see some stank-ass, young teg-a-reg chick in a green lacefront trying to rip out some musty heffas fluorescent beige lacefront in the middle of Denny’s, DON’T ask me “what if that was your daughter?” And if you see some frowsy-ass young drunk dude throwing Heineken bottles at the police in his parents front lawn, DON’T ask me “what if that was your son?” Because you should know the answer already: They would DO better than that, because they would have been RAISED better than that.

10/16/2012 at 5:42 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Do You Think The Question "What If That Was Your Son/Daughter?" Is FAIR Or FOUL?!

2. Smilez_920

10/16/2012 at 6:42 AM

Both it depends on the scenario . If the issue involves minors then its appropriate to use " what if that was your child". But a situation involving an adult making dumb a$$$ decisions is a foul and the quote soesnt count. We're all someone's daughter or son. But as adults we take responsibilty for our own actions, once you turn 18 your parents are not responsible to cover your tail. The lady was 25 , while she is someone child , the choices she makes are mostly a reflection of her own doing.

When your a mine your parents will take most of the major blame.

3. Uncommon Logic

10/16/2012 at 7:06 AM

Its never ok to use this crackpot logic in an argument. This type of smokescreen ( I believe) is used by folks who either. A: know somebody like this and is defending their actions. B: has acted out in a similar manner, and wants to defend their actions also. But ironically, they are fully aware that their actions was just straight up mudbutt wrong. So, they tend to look.at it being ok to have their cake and eat it too.

10/16/2012 at 11:40 AM

I have used this argument once. It was on my facebook wall and it was during the Trayvon Martin murder. My entire point was simply, what if this was your son, brother, husband, etc, how would you feel? That case really hit home for me though b/c that was the first time i actually realized that my own brother and close male friends could be killed b/c they were black men. I wanted the people on my FB (who are for the majority white) to truly understand the ramifications of what happened in that case. So yes, i have used the argument and I don't actually mind it if it can get a legitimate point across. As in, someone not doing something wrong, yet something bad happens to them and the justice system doesn't prevail, who would you feel or react.

5. Adonis

10/16/2012 at 12:42 PM

I just want my daughter to be try out being a wife first before being a well paid wh*re.

Obviously being financially stable & learning proper self defense are as equally important

6. Lia

10/16/2012 at 1:57 PM

I mean, it can be either/or depending on who you ask. It assumes that all logic goes out the door whenever any family member is involved in some mess. Right is right and wrong is wrong, I don't care who was involved. HOWEVER, there are parents out there who think that their children can do no wrong and will take their side no matter what, and those are probably the people who that question would best serve. But I have known some bad ass kids, and their parents are never surprised when they hear about those same kids starting trouble. If you know that your kid is an ish starter then you're not really going to be all that surprised when it comes back to bite him or her eventually. Happy about it? Probably not. But you're not going to be surprised nor are you going to fault the other person for retaliating. But if someone wants to play games with hypothetical questions, the better question to ask would be "What if this was your father/grandfather?"

7. 1mulatto

03/20/2014 at 9:00 PM

First of all, nice post! Second, where and of whom was the picture taken? The boy in the green hat favors me very much.. so much so that I just had to address it..