It’s NEVER Ok For Anyone To Hit Another Person [MAN Or WOMAN]

If you’re a staunch, hardline feminist, I will advise you to click the BACK button on your browser and save yourself the high blood pressure, because this post will NOT uphold your anti-intellectual, unfounded and hypocritical views on abuse that women suffer in situations where THEY are the aggressor. While you propagate foolish and dangerous BULLSH*T such as “It’s NEVER OK to hit a woman”, those of us blessed with un-common sense realize that not ALL instances of violence are the SAME thing. When it comes to the case of the bus driver who hit that GROWN-ASS 25-year old WOMAN, with that vicious uppercut, aligning THIS particular, individual incident with the mass problem of domestic abuse is the most FALLACIOUS and IGNORANT thing any woman [or man] can EVER do.

For the TWO people left in the world who may NOT have seen the video I’m referencing, it’s THIS:

I find this video SAD & HILARIOUS and I feel absolutely NO WAYS in saying that. This is nothing more than a loud, ignorant, trifling AGGRESSOR getting the comeuppance they so deserve AFTER laying hands on an innocent bystander. If you want me to cry tears for this young girl, you can particularly go F*^K yourself because I feel NO pity for ANY human being who feels that resolving their problems through VIOLENCE is the BEST answer, as opposed to words or avoidance. And just because this particular disgusting, tyrannical and ignorant human being was born with a vagina as opposed to a penis, that does NOT excuse her for physically accosting another human being. I don’t give a DAMN if it’s a man or woman who INITIATES the violence or receives the violence, the FACT is NO ONE should have to be subjected to ANY sort of brutality and THEN keep the OTHER person’s safety in mind, when they clearly don’t give a F*^K about anyone else’s [especially the person they’re attacking].

And that’s the part of this issue that literally ENRAGES me to the point where my BLOOD BOILS. The concept that I need to look out for the WELFARE of my attacker while in the middle of a fight is the most RIDICULOUS BULLSH*T I’ve ever heard in my entire life. So you mean to tell me, that when another human being tries to savagely beat me, I need to measure my response based on how much force I THINK is appropriate, even though I have NO CLUE whether or not that person is armed, carrying a concealed weapon or trained in any fighting styles?

You. Are. F*^KING. Insane.

The thing about this issue that some feminists particularly will try and have you believe is that women are weak, gentle creatures that NEED to be treated with soft kid-gloves in ALL scenarios. These women believe that any man who attacks another man should be dealt with, and any woman who attacks any other woman should have her ass handled as well. BUT, as soon as you start crossing the genders, no longer is the dichotomy between victim and aggressor – it becomes an issue of MALE vs. FEMALE, and then historical context MUST be made in their minds – and that’s UTTER BS. Let’s be clear: I, and any man I’ve watched this video with, DO NOT believe that it’s OK for men to ABUSE women. But what separates our SENSE, from other people’s NONSENSE, is the fact that we know THIS issue is NOT aligned with ABUSE against women – this is a separate and unique instance of one JACKASS attacking a public servant and getting EXACTLY what they wanted: A FIGHT.

The reason this issue PISSES me off so much, is because women are NOT an entire gender of weak, gentle creatures – there are MANY women out there who assault, maim, stab, murder, shoot, strangle and KILL. Every single damn-day on this continent, women are out here GRIEVOUSLY injuring MEN & WOMEN, and if that’s a joke to you, or funny to you, I DARE you to go up to the families who have LOST loved ones to violence at the hand of a woman [like Sienna Edwards family in NYC]. This is not a GENDER ISSUEthis is about victims and aggressors, and NO victim should EVER have to be OK with an aggressor laying hands on them regardless of what their reproductive organs are.

And to these anti-academic, full-of-sh*t females who utter inane GARBAGE such as “it’s a man’s job to walk away”, I will offer you NO intellectual and in-depth response because you TRULY don’t DESERVE it and just say “F*^k your point of view.Stop co-signing ignorance under the banner of protecting women because those are TWO separate issues. If you want to make your musty self useful, go tell ALL women that they need to learn to keep their FROWSY fingers to themselves.

And what kills me is that so many of you will put the blame on the Bus Driver - the victim – and demonize his REACTIONS to getting assaulted. I guess I find it so hilarious, because if it was a MAN who hit a WOMAN, and then got KNOCKED OUT by her right after, I’m guessing the reaction would be a LOT different.

10/15/2012 at 5:34 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, Who Was In The Wrong Here, HER, HIM, Or BOTH OF THEM?

• ChloeRayne516

10/15/2012 at 11:17 AM

*JawDrop*

Yo, he chin checked her like she was a DUDE!!! She was extremely reckless at the mouth and did she hit him first to make him finally get out his seat? Is this FOR REAL REAL!!!!? because we all know how people be doing stunts and skits for ratings and viewings on youtube I ask because I find the dialogue between them a bit much like they were acting. *shrug* but in any case THEY BOTH WERE WRONG she was wrong for coming out of her face like that and he was wrong when he started tagging that azz.

10/15/2012 at 3:37 PM

I don't think he was wrong at all for hitting her…I think he was wrong for CONTINUING to assault her and choke her after the initial attack.

• Tatyanna

10/15/2012 at 3:50 PM

Listen, that girl was PICKING A fight. That man replied and said what he did to her. WHEN she decided to go up and assault the man is where it all changes. THERE is no right for anyone to put their hands on anyone UNLESS u are expecting a FIGHT! She got a sucker punch and she will have to deal with that NEXT time she decides to come to anyone with that reckless bullshit. They are both wrong, but did she deserve what she got? HELL YEAH!

10/15/2012 at 4:06 PM

Co-sign

2. Piscean

10/15/2012 at 5:49 AM

BOTH ARE WRONG!
    SHE for constantly provoking and physically putting her hands on him while he's operating a vehicle which could endanger other people's lives and HE for mortal combatting her azz.

In retrospect, I believe him having a job where you work with so many people every day should have allowed him to handle the situation with not so much violence. He didn't hold back, he didn't attempt to restrain her, he just went straight for the dutty uppercut.

While to a degree I feel she deserved it for going at him with such a vengeance and for probably not expecting that from him which is why she kept provoking, he MUST have other protocol for handling a situation when people are riding the bus and things get out of control. She didn't pull out a knife, nor hold a gun to him where that intense punch he threw was necessary to defend himself to that degree.

10/15/2012 at 5:51 AM

I find it funny that all the onus of restraint is put on the bus driver and NOT the passenger. I wonder if everyone would keep that perspective if the passenger was a man?

10/15/2012 at 6:59 AM

Agreed!!! Savagely beat?!? Lincoln is killing me with that. Both were wrong. Point blank period. And again, it wasn't self defense or either of their part. They both attacked each other. Her first and then when she left the situation, him next.

This man WAS a victim until he got out of his seat, punched her, dragged her off his bus, then proceeded to choke her. Both of their asses should be charged and he should definitely lose his job. He become ignorant when he followed up her ignorance with his own.

• Adonis

10/15/2012 at 7:14 AM

Had that bus driver been a black woman who handed out a much needed @sswhoopin', you & I would be celebrating. Keep it 1 Million

10/15/2012 at 7:34 AM

Keeping it 1million, I don't care what gender, race, or age they were. I wouldn't agree or defend either of their actions.

• MistaHarsh

10/15/2012 at 12:30 PM

Keeping in mind that he has the pressure of making sure other passengers are safe, not crashing the bus, still stopping at designated stops, keeping a timed schedule, checking to make sure customers pay their proper fee, a looming appointment for a colonoscopy and wiping spit off his face from this hefer……how would you have handled that situation?

10/15/2012 at 1:15 PM

I would have called the police. I am positive that the city has protocol for handling disruptive passengers. Calling the police is probably step 5 right before uppercutting someone to the jaw.

• J. Crawford

10/15/2012 at 5:11 PM

In Cleveland, bus deivers are prohibited from using cell phones while on duty, and the procedure is to radio dispatch on an incident, park and wait, which then they(ditspatch) call the police and they go out to find the bus.

It's all well and good, but in the meanwhile the Person/People would be Still on the bus, or Trying to get back on if they were 'told" to get off. If Push comes to Shove (un intended), a Bus Driver would still have to Physically Remove an unruly passenger, or Defend Him/Herself if they refuse to get off voluntarily

• dddd

10/15/2012 at 7:19 PM

exactly!

• Adonis

10/15/2012 at 7:15 AM

If the passenger was a male

• Smilez_920

10/15/2012 at 7:40 AM

She got choked because she jumped we ass back on the bus to fight again. Yes their both out of pocket but listen you get what you put out there, she was talking and acting hard and got her a$$ handed to her.

Now he messed up because he let someone's ignorance influence him to act a fool when he could have followed protocol and saved his job. And let's not act like she walked to the back of the bus and he chased her. She backed up like she would go in for another hit. No he shouldn't have gotten up out of his seat ( his legal safe zone). But Im sorry even as a woman I don't feel a but of sympathy for her ( not saying I feel sorry for the bus driver) but she's 25 yrs old , if she was acting like that it was about time she learned her lesson. Yes he should lose his job, he broke the rules. But she should be banned front he public transit system. If she did it to him and he was Niger than her , she'll do it to a woman who is smaller or the same size as her with no problem.

• Smilez_920

10/15/2012 at 7:45 AM

Bigger*

• MistaHarsh

10/15/2012 at 12:34 PM

glad you straighten that out I didn't know what the hell you meant lol.

I agree. He should be disciplined and if he gets fired he should get a grand going away party with admiration and recognizition for his years of service as a bus driver and chin checker

10/15/2012 at 3:40 PM

Once again, if WOMEN want to start parsing abuse on LEVELS I'm OK with that. So next time a guy gives you a slap to your face, he should be able to make the argument "it was just a little tap!" and then the police should say "OH!! It was just a tap! My bad sir, let me let you out of these cuffs so you can go home.."

But something tells me you WOMEN don't want things to be like that.

10/15/2012 at 3:51 PM

Invalid statement. I have not condoned her actions NOR his. Let's get our head out of the clouds for a second and stop inferring that i am suggesting that her actions weren't bad. I am saying that both of their actions were equal in ignorance.

Saying that a dude hitting me is just a tap (to prove some irrelevant point) and not assault is asinine.

They assaulted each other.

10/15/2012 at 4:08 PM

But their actions are not equal. That's like saying Ike Turner & Tina Turner's actions are equal because of how she "attacked" him in the limo. The aggressor is wrong in every sense. That should be simple.

• Piscean

10/15/2012 at 5:38 PM

I don't understand how these people aren't understanding what we are saying.
            If this was in a bar and he clocked her, I wouldn't really say much b/c you don't go picking fights with a man when you are a woman.
            BUT…this man is working as a bus driver and he didn't handle it in the best manner. At the end of the day, he's now gonna lose his job…was it worth it?

10/16/2012 at 1:22 AM

Because you are showing absolutely no regard for the situation SHE put HIM in. By calling it an equal affair, you are relegating men to a place where we have literally NO recourse for defending ourselves from the actions of women. If a woman spits in our face, attacks us, jumps us, hits us or accosts us in ANY manner, we MUST turn the other cheek, however WOMEN don't have to play by the same rules.

If a man even as much as LOOKS at you wrong, you can file charges against him. If a man pushes or shoves a woman, she can charge him with whatever she wants. And then, having THOSE advantages, you women now turn around and criticize how a MAN handles himself? It's ludicrous.

The issue for me here has NOTHING to do with what was the SMARTEST move to retain his job, it's about the DISGUSTING fact that too many women watching this video are SO unwilling to believe that a man CAN be a victim at the hands of a woman, which is an ignorant and dangerous ideology.

10/16/2012 at 11:29 AM

*sigh* Not one person on this entire blog in the comments said that she didn't get what she deserved. I have never said that a woman has the right to hit a man and not get popped back. I have never said that it is ok for a woman to physically harm a man and he should not protect himself. Where you got this from, i have no idea. Step outside of your emotions for a second and actually look at what was written in the comments.

10/16/2012 at 11:39 AM

mena, I respect your right to hold a different point of view, but don't paint me as an overemotional, anti-intellectual debater throwing points out here out of my ass. You wrote:

"Can we now look at what exactly happened? She hit him and walked away. HE STOPPED THE BUS, TOOK OFF HIS SEATBELT, WALKED OVER TO HER, REARED BACK AND PUNCHED HER. Not self defense. He become the aggressor the moment he walked into her space."

Maybe I'm "too emotional" (sarcasm) to understand the logic here, but in the most LAMENS understanding of your own words, she did NOT get what she "deserved" [because he invaded her space after she stepped away from the situation], and trying to define where she was standing on the bus as a method of demonizing his reaction as proactive violence, proves that you DON'T think it's Ok for him to protect himself.

This "no one said" argument is cool sometimes, but what you INFER is clear as day. We should be able to respect each others point of view to be THAT honest.

10/16/2012 at 12:02 PM

This entire time i have been arguing that no lawyer, officer, or judge would see this as self-defense.

I stand by my point that you are allowing past influences to affect your judgement in this case and that is fine if you can't admit that. Your point #4 below proves this. What you feel like I am inferring (ie. what you want to read) is your decision. We'll never see eye to eye on this.

• MistaHarsh

10/15/2012 at 12:25 PM

You're assuming she cursed him for 2 seconds and he wasn't having it from the get go. She argued with him and put her hands on him repeatedly and even spit on him. The bus driver warned her of the consequences (you going to jaaaiiiillllllll) But she didn't give a fack. The uppercut didn't happen until like 5 stops are they started arguing. That's a LOT of restriant show by the bus driver.

10/15/2012 at 3:38 PM

Exactly.

• Piscean

10/15/2012 at 5:43 PM

Let's clarify something here Harsh…I never assumed anything. I watched the video. If this verbal attack was happening for over 15 min than he should have stopped the bus in the first place and dealt with it according to his work guidelines. Ya, she was mouthing off – WRONG on her part. Ya, she spit on him- HELLA WRONG on her part – ya she pushed him – SUPER HELLA WRONG on her part…but he was talking back to her too. He wasn't sitting there quiet. He continued to drive the bus seeing her irate behavior and than wanted to teach her not to phuck with him.

WHERE did you see repeatedly? I saw her walk over and give him a shove…ONCE.
        The video isn't even that long so where are you getting this 5 stops business stuff? Sounds like YOU are assuming.

Just because we WANTED to see her get her knocked out, doesn't mean it's right for him to actually do it. And with this on video, I'm sure he may be "Gooooing to jaaaaaiillll" soon too.

10/16/2012 at 1:25 AM

The only response I can make to this is your thoughts are so steeped in gender-politics that we will never see eye to eye on this. Once again, there's not a woman on this planet who can convince me that if that bus driver was a woman, and the attacker was a man, wouldn't have a completely different outlook on this situation.

10/16/2012 at 11:27 AM

You are the only person that is bringing up gender politics so it does amaze me that you want to classify what i am saying as such. YOU aren't able to look at the situation objectively b/c what you see is a girl that flew off at the mouth and got what she deserved.

Never once have I disagreed that she shouldn't have gotten clocked. You inferred that b/c you can't look past your bias goggles.

I understand that you like being right and that you want to argue to get across a point but in this situation, you are wrong when you state that the man defended himself. What he did was called "retaliation". Meaning that she hit him and when she moved away from the situation, again, given him ample time to park the bus, remove his seatbelt, walk over to her, say "you're going to jail now" and then pause before he uppercutted her, he took retribution and got her back for hitting him.

For you to not be able to even, in everything that i have said, be able to see my point just means that you don't want to see my point b/c you are stuck on being right and defending this man from probably all of the women who have cursed you out and acted a fool and you couldn't do anything about it.

Two wrongs, Lincoln, do not make a right. Once he struck her back, all i could think was, "well, i guess they are both going to jail." But to hear so many men say self-defense…give me a break. He retaliated. You know it and I know it.

And more than likely, the reason why nether of them pressed charges was b/c the police were like "look, we saw the video and she was dead wrong for hitting you sir and we could charge her but the moment you got up and went over to her and hit her back, that wasn't self defense. She could counter your charges with her own and then you both lose."

10/16/2012 at 11:46 AM

1. I don't see a "girl" who flew off at the mouth, I see an aggressor.

2. Your references about where she was standing AFTER hitting him was either a CLEAR inference you are against his actions, or you are unable to make a more cogent point.

3. Most self-defence cases are forms of retaliation, and a defence lawyer will clear that up. The statute of limitations on retribution is still being argued in courts of law today.

4. You keep referring to this piece of garbage as a woman and creating GENDER politics. How do you know I'm not defending this man because I've been a victim of BULLYING and I like to see BULLIES get what they deserve regardless of what reproductive organs they have?

The fact that this issue keeps being framed from a perspective of gender, instead of the more prevalent problems of hyper-aggression in our society is sad.

3. Piscean

10/15/2012 at 6:04 AM

I just said that SHE was wrong for provoking and putting her hands on him by pushing him. HOWEVER, certain careers have protocol's one must use in order to deal with a situation if he truly felt that his life was in danger.
    Let's keep it real here…he knew his life wasn't in danger, he just wanted to give her a good ass whooping because she was annoying as hell and disrespectful.

If the passenger was a man, the bus driver STILL should have not given a dutty uppercut like that unless the man punched him or aggressively was attempting to injure him to the point of that self-defense was necessary.

10/15/2012 at 6:13 AM

One thing that many women make a point of stating in cases of abuse is that there's no form of "acceptable" abuse and I completely agree with them. Abuse is abuse, and women should NOT have to be subjected to it. Also, men should NEVER have to be subjected to abuse and it shouldn't need to be quantified as what's "bad" or "worse."

Any aggressor who starts shit with a victim deserves what they get, and if she didn't want to get her frowsy ass beat, she should simply have kept her hands to herself. There's NO pity in my heart for ANY human being who proactively puts their hands on anyone else in a violent manner.

• Piscean

10/15/2012 at 7:09 AM

Well you can argue all you want you what you FEEL is unacceptable. Yes, I laughed when I watched the video. Yes, I felt that she was wrong for provoking and elderly man, HOWEVER… The courts will see it differently and he probably will get fired for his actions. She will prob get slapped with a few charges here and there but he will lose his job once this goes to court b/c anyone can clearly see this wasn't self-defence. And this is why we have court b/c people beleive fighting is warranted deemed on personal opinion.

• NurseJilly

10/15/2012 at 11:21 AM

Cosign 100%

Keep your damn hands to yourself and you will avoid the mortal kombat finish him move!!

10/15/2012 at 7:06 AM

Agreed again. If the the girl was a guy and the bus driver did the same thing, he should still lose his job and still be charged. This is not self defense and I agree that there must be some type of protocol when dealing with an aggressive passenger.

People are getting off on the fact that "this girl got what she deserved since women, when the aggressor, never get called out for it." Ok. Your point is made. Can we now look at what exactly happened? She hit him and walked away. HE STOPPED THE BUS, TOOK OFF HIS SEATBELT, WALKED OVER TO HER, REARED BACK AND PUNCHED HER. Not self defense. He become the aggressor the moment he walked into her space.

• Smilez_920

10/15/2012 at 7:23 AM

True but she also jumped back on the bus to fight some more too. I think they both are wrong as hell. But her actions dont allow me to feel for her as a women because when she hit and punched him, she put the lives of everyone on that bus in danger. He is wrong because, he got up out the seat to upper cut her , not physically pick her up and move her off the bus. ( transit workers are allowed to do that of needed). He was on the job and e broke the company rules.

I think what Link might be referring to is situation where a man is being attacked by a woman ( especially with a weapon , knife, bat lamp) and he's expecte to just walk away even if she's chasing him and making it hard to get out the door.

10/15/2012 at 7:36 AM

If someone is being attacked, regardless or race, gender, or age, they have every right to defend themselves. That was not the case in this situation.

10/15/2012 at 3:42 PM

THAT'S THE STUPIDEST POINT I EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE.

"She hit him and then walked away??"

Is that SERIOUSLY your argument here??? SErIOUSLY???

10/15/2012 at 3:54 PM

Did you watch the video? Did he not stop the bus and walk over to her and hit her or was she pounding on him and he had to defend himself by restraining her?

I can't believe I am actually having this conversation…

10/15/2012 at 4:09 PM

Believe it.

Just to clarify, your point is that once person A hits person B, as long as person A vacates the premises, it erases their initiation of violence?

10/15/2012 at 4:47 PM

Person B can't claim self defense if Person A leaves the situation and Person B follows them. You can't claim self defense if after the person hit you, they walked away from the situation and you approached them with an intent to do harm to them yourself. That's not self defense. They both were looking for a fight and were both wrong regardless who started the chain of events.

10/15/2012 at 5:15 PM

Ok, so my next question is. what defines "Walking Away"? Is it taking ten steps back? Two steps back? A KM or a mile?

10/15/2012 at 5:41 PM

Here you go:

"In some cases, before using force that is likely to cause death or serious bodily harm to the aggressor, a person who is under attack should attempt to retreat or escape, but only if an exit is reasonably possible. Courts have held, however, that a person is not required to flee from his own home, the fenced ground surrounding the home, his place of business, or his automobile."
            "A person who is the initial aggressor in a physical encounter may be able to claim self-defense if the tables turn in the course of the fight. Generally a person who was the aggressor may use nondeadly force if the victim resumes fighting after the original fight ended. If the original aggressor attacked with nondeadly force and was met with deadly force in return, the aggressor may respond with deadly force."

The fact that she backed up and removed herself from the situation and then he proceeded to come at her with force negates self defense on his part.

10/16/2012 at 1:26 AM

From a legal perspective, you are completely wrong.

He repeatedly told her to leave the bus and she didn't. The ENTIRE bus is the premises, not a foot away from the drivers seat.

10/16/2012 at 11:32 AM

You are wrong actually. Once the aggressor leaves the situation and the victim retaliates by getting back into the situation, the victim now becomes the aggressor.

• J. Crawford

10/15/2012 at 5:16 PM

I'm sorry, but TWO STEPS BACK DOES NOT EQUAL "walking away"; she's Still on the bus!!!! How the Hell can the bus driver "look for a fight" and He's DRIVING??!!!

I'm with Linc. Ya'll Faux-Pas Wome ntrying to Spin this as Both were Wrong are full of Shyte

10/15/2012 at 5:37 PM

No. Actually that isn't the case. Some of us are looking at this legally and the term self-defense just can't be used. I am done with this argument.

For you telling me that i am giving her a pass (which i never agreed with her actions EVER) is the same way as me calling you out for defending him for simply being a man who was fed up with a woman provoking him. I don't know you and you don't know me to make that argument.

It is what it is. In the court of law, this wouldn't be considered self defense. This man is still going to lose his job, probably benefits, and retirement. No matter how much we agree or disagree this was an extremely ugly incident.

I don't know any other way how i can explain that yes the girl was dead wrong but at the end of the day, what he did wasn't self defense.

10/16/2012 at 1:28 AM

Bruh, save your breath. There's deep-seeded gender politics here. Some women want all the benefits of being treated as equal without ANY of the negatives. Just take a deep breath, understand that this bullshit happens and keep it moving. Trust me, I'm done with explaining how this is NOT an equal exchange.

• Piscean

10/15/2012 at 5:50 PM

No point in arguing with people when they can't undertand the difference of common work ethic. They just keep harping on that she's a woman stepping to a man and painting the picture like we are some pro-feminist nazi's when we are trying to clearly explain what's right and what' s wrong with this whole ordeal.

Noone is saying this girl is an innocent victim…but y'all are playing yourself if you believe that is how you should act on the job and I'd LOVE to see your workplace keep you around should you decide to go uppercut a co-worker, pedestrian or random stranger that pushed you.

I can't believe so many people can't comprehend that basic common sense.

10/15/2012 at 5:53 PM

Thank you. You would have thought i said the girl walked on water. No one is condoning her behavior and to argue just for argument's sake is ridiculous. This isn't self defense is all that I am saying. It amazes me that people don't know the difference. Either way, ignorance does not negate ignorance.

4. Adonis

10/15/2012 at 6:16 AM

I think those are the most hysterical pics of the situation put together. Blessed.

Thank you Lincoln. I have been looking at this situation from every angle. If the genders & race were reversed & achieved the same result, I would side with the bus driver. But in my scenarios, the bus driver would have got a medal & a parade.

Blessed

5. kat

10/15/2012 at 7:01 AM

Excellant post ! I believe women are being mislead with the myth that it is never ok to hit a woman. This notion that it is ok to put your hands on someone because they are of the opposite sex is pure BS. I also don't know where its ok to be assaulted because you are some type of public servant. No one especially so called grown adults should be putting their hands on each other regardless of gender.

• Lia

10/15/2012 at 2:37 PM

I think the point some people are trying to make is that because he was on the job and they have a code of ethics that they abide by, his actions are going to have consequences because he broke that code. I personally believe in exceptions LOL. When I was in high school this kid got up in our teacher's face in front of the entire class. Our teacher just stood there as this kid pushed, threatened and cursed him out over a stupid watch. We all kept asking him how he kept it together, cause none of us would have faulted him for giving him a beat down. (He was a good teacher, so we all said that we would look the other way if something went down on his part lol.) He told us that even if the kid (an 18 year old kid) had hit him first, he would be held accountable in a fight because he is the authority figure in the situation, and he didn't want to lose his job over some foolishness. He would have been justified in swinging back, but his job calls for him to handle confrontations differently than he would on the street.

If this was just a street fight, the fault would remain with the woman alone, cause she had no business touching him or cursing at him and she basically got what she deserved. It is not okay to just let someone assault you while you're working, but surely there was another alternative other than engaging with this woman any further.

10/15/2012 at 3:44 PM

I find it hilarious that people act as it being spat upon is no big thing. Once again, she SPIT on him and everyone is overlooking it, saying it's NO big deal. But why were people NOT saying the same thing when it was a woman getting spit on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CORjNucfUM

10/15/2012 at 3:42 PM

100% Agree.

10/15/2012 at 7:07 AM

Well Lincoln I am one of the two who didn't see the video and I am totally against abuse of any kind. That being said, if you provoke someone especially physically you must accept that the person will respond. I don't know how the driver felt so I can't really say if it was too much but he reacted to constant provocation AND then physicality. I'm sad it got to that point though but truthfully I have no idea what happened before so I can't speak about it

• fourpageletter

10/15/2012 at 9:39 AM

<–also refuses to watch.

7. Paul B.

10/15/2012 at 7:44 AM

I do believe that everybody has a right to not have violence committef against them in life. However, your rights end where another person's begin, and the second you use your rights to infringe upon another's, you open yourself up to a world of hurt. For that, I have no sympathy for one who seeks to do such a thing and gets their teeth rattled. And miss me with the "What if it was your daughter" crap, because the truth is that I would raise my daughter to carry herself better than that, and I would not date/marry/have a child with a woman who carries herself that way either.

10/15/2012 at 3:46 PM

THANK YOU!!

Some of thee chicks out here talking about "what if that was your daughter?" need to shut the hell up, because NO ONE in my family acts like that piece of ratchet-trash, so that cold NEVER be my daughter

8. daboo18

10/15/2012 at 9:22 AM

i totally agree with you Paul, I laughed when i saw the whole thing. I was to busy realizing if she carried her self with respect and moral class then the situation probably wouldn't have ended up like that. so bus driver upper -cut away lmao.

10/15/2012 at 3:46 PM

Co-sign!

9. darrell

10/15/2012 at 9:43 AM

here is another vid that has made the rounds on the net the last week and see the similarities…

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aFTF7EEI8mA&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. darrell

10/15/2012 at 9:43 AM

lets try that again…

10/15/2012 at 3:48 PM

YO I SEEN THAT TOO!

I DARE any woman to watch that video and tell me she wasn't trying to use her vagina as a shield to say and do whatever the hell she wants.

11. cynicaloptmst81

10/15/2012 at 9:53 AM

"And what kills me is that so many of you will put the blame on the Bus Driver – the victim – and demonize his REACTIONS to getting assaulted."

STANDING.OVATION!!!!!

I approve this message!!!!!

10/15/2012 at 10:05 AM

I don't. He stopped being the victim the moment he got out of his seat to go and "handle" her. This is actually extremely sad on both ends.

Neither was a victim.

• cynicaloptmst81

10/15/2012 at 11:02 AM

In my world, you don't start things you can't finish. She wanted a fight…a fight is what she got.

Could he have handled it differently? Yeah. But, he chose not to…and based on her assaulting him first, it was his right to make that choice. He punched her and threw her off the bus. SHE came back for more…and more is what she got.

Growing up, the question was "who hit who first?" THAT person got in the most trouble. Sorry, but you don't get to choose how a person retaliates once you set them wheels in motion. Be prepared for what comes. Don't write checks you can't cash!!!! He HAD to stop the bus first so that the passengers wouldn't be endangered. He couldn't defend himself while the bus was in motion. She became a THREAT when she chose to hit a man ACTIVELY DRIVING a bus load of people!!!! Lord only knows what else she would've done. Alot happens between incidents and the cops arrival like people getting DEAD…he made sure all were safe from this psycho chick. Good for him!

• NurseJilly

10/15/2012 at 11:28 AM

"you don't get to choose how a person retaliates once you set them wheels in motion."…

Couldn't agree more!!

It takes a lot for me to get to the point where I'm that angry but once I get there I'm like Garfield on a lasagna… Bottom line don't start sh#% you can't finish.

• cynicaloptmst81

10/15/2012 at 11:33 AM

GIRL, I will BLACK OUT, do you hear me?! Ok…you don't hear me, LOL!

I think all these righteous "I would never" folks are great and all, but please believe if I am hit while driving and spat on…

IT'S.ABOUT.TO.GO.DOWN!!!!!

• Lia

10/15/2012 at 2:45 PM

"You will remember the day you learned not to come at me like that. I have no priors…I'll get probation, lol. I can handle that. "

Lol, and I bet this chick will remember that day FOREVER…but forreal spitting on someone is worse than putting hand on them. It's like telling them that they ain't gone do sh!+. That alone requires an ass whoopin to me, I don't care who you are.

• T. Black

10/15/2012 at 11:06 AM

Before using terms such as "self defense" it is important you understand what the Use of Force laws are in your municipality. These differ from city to city and state to state around this country. This is a perfect time for you to look up the Use of Force laws in your city to ensure you are following the law if you happen to have to make this type of decision.

Now, regardless of where you live, your laws will have some version representing this: ability, opportunity, and intent. Ability- does the aggressor have the means to cause physical harm. Is this person able? Opportunity- this is based on proximity. Can this person use their ability? Intent- what would a reasonable person believe at the time of the incident to make them believe the aggressor would cause them physical injury? What has this person said/done?

I could care less of gender or color.

In reference to the video:

Ability- the aggressor already has proven they are able bodied and have the means for causing physical harm. Opportunity- the aggressor was in proximity to use their means and ability. Intent- the aggressor has verbally stated they were willing to exercise physical violence.

"He pulled the bus over and fought her." Well, what would a reasonable person thought at THAT time? The aggressor has already demonstrated they are willing to attack the driver, put everyone in reckless danger(ability). The aggressor is still in immediate striking distance (opportunity), and continuing to threaten the driver(intent).

Again, this all depends on how their self defense laws read. Many states used to also have something called preclusion: could the victim/responder have made another decision besides using force. HOWEVER, the consensus regarding preclusion is you have to understand what the person knew AT THAT time. Basically, you can't do what everyone has been doing regarding the commentary here, which is basically hindsight or playing "Monday morning quarterback."

Also, understand that when you read your self defense laws, make sure you fully understand it. In some places, if you were the aggressor in any way, even engaging in a verbal attack against the aggressor, any force used after that may not be considered self defense.

Regardless, the driver could face termination from his employer depending on their internal policies, protocol, and his record on the job.

As far as the aggressor, it is a felony to assault a transit worker in some municipalities.

Just sharing the knowledge. Stay safe.

T. Black- international self defense trainer

10/15/2012 at 11:32 AM

And the same can be said about the bus driver. He threatened verbally, approached, and attacked.

No one is condoning her behavior but they were both aggressors. They cancel out each other.

• cynicaloptmst81

10/15/2012 at 11:45 AM

First off, this incident doesn't even begin until she hit him, imo. I don't give a rats behind who said what. The hit was the ding of the bell for the fight she asked for. Say what you want…but once you hit me, all bets are off!

This is not some battered woman here. I'm sympathetic to them, most def. Battered woman this psycho was not…AT.ALL. She started a fight…and lost. Period.

10/15/2012 at 11:49 AM

No one is discussing a battered woman. We are discussing this incident. I don't understand why people can't see that. They attacked each other. This man was at his job. She hit him and then he went and hit here. Bottom line. They should both go to jail and this isn't self defense. I think that is what pretty much the reasonable people are saying. We aren't condoning either one of their behaviors. This isn't a neighborhood fight on the corner.

• cynicaloptmst81

10/15/2012 at 12:12 PM

"They attacked each other."

Naw, she started a fight and lost, imo.

We can def agree to disagree on this. TIYCland has been warned though, lol. Come at me and thou SHALT get hit back…if you run off, I will chase you down! You running away/walking away does not conclude the fight. My whoopin that behind concludes the fight…or us getting hauled off to jail…whichever comes first, lol. SMH!

10/15/2012 at 12:51 PM

LOL…Why am i picturing you chasing someone down in heals with a baseball bat?!? :-)

10/15/2012 at 12:52 PM

*heels*

• cynicaloptmst81

10/15/2012 at 1:22 PM

LMBO!

The crazy part is that I used to keep a bat in my apartment! But, I kept it in a closet down the hall from my bedroom for protection…which I was later informed was pretty pointless, smh. lol

• Smilez_920

10/15/2012 at 12:08 PM

I agree with @Cyn

I think this case is going to who has the best reason for being aggressive . ( I mean thy both were acting crazy).

The court is going to exam why this women felt the need to

A) why she was out of her seat while the bus was moving and what was her intent . ( she was in the driver zone so clearly she had the intent to start some type of problem w/ the driver)

B) why did she hit the driver? Was the bus in motion? Did she endanger innocent ppl ? Did she commit a felony ( in NYC it's a felony to hit a transit worker on duty)

C) at any point did she feel like her life was at risk/danger? If so why did she get back on the bus and continue to attack the bus driver ?

The bus driver

A) is there any other protocol he could have followed before the situation escalted to this level

2) once the situation escalted to this level , the he feel his life/ and the life of his passengers were in danger ?

3) did he use the correct physical protocol in this situation ? ( most bus drivers ( at least in NYC) can physically remove a passenger if needed. But certain technics are suppose to be used ?

4) what did he mean by " if you want to act like a man in going to treat you like a man"

12. cynicaloptmst81

10/15/2012 at 11:24 AM

I grabbed this wonderful quote from a VSB commentor:

"Once someone has thrown a punch, they’ve initiated a fight and have entered the ring as a combatant. All courtesy is henceforth defenestrated."

I also approve of this message!!!!!!!

10/15/2012 at 3:52 PM

That's a great quote!

13. Lia

10/15/2012 at 11:41 AM

Um, there are a couple of different ways of looking at this. I'm with you in the sense that I do not think that a woman can put hands on a man and just expect him to take it. I'm in the minority with my friends and family, but I have always thought that when you put your hands on ANYBODY, you better be ready for them to retaliate. Everybody has their breaking point, men and women. I'm a short, petite woman and I've never put my hands on a man in my entire life because I've always known that people do not take your weaknesses into consideration in a fight. Choose your battles wisely…

Now, on the other hand I know that two wrongs don't make a right. She should have just paid the man and sat her behind down. That's all. But at the same time he really didn't have to go all street fighter on her. I can imagine how angry he was, and I don't really fault him for goin off, but there really was a better way to handle the situation. Not because she is a woman, but because he should have held himself to a better standard than that period. Both of them should have.

Now that I got the moral stuff out the way, let me just say that this video was for anyone who has ever ridden any form of public transportation and has witnessed pure ignorance at the expense of everyone else riding. I really do feel for the drivers who have to deal with people like this on a daily basis. Let it be an example to all of the fools out there that drivers can and just might fight back…

14. Dyquen

10/15/2012 at 12:33 PM

Woman at fault.

1. She took it on herself to go an fuck with someone who she has no idea what they were capable of or what their temperament is like.

2. DO NOT PISS OFF OR ASSAULT THE DRIVER OF A CURRENTLY MOVING VEHICLE, death is not a factor in their train of thought.

3. A man strikes back at a woman who is whooping his ass, he's magically an asshole and a woman beater, he TRIES to walk away the woman will do what women do best when a man walks away when she has her sights on him FOLLOW HIM AND KEEP ANTAGONIZING HIM, now he is magically a bitchass punk for taking her shit.

4. Women want equality, then it is equal right for a situation when a woman kicks a man in the nuts for no good reason, just cuz she thinks its funny to do it (seen it) or just because he said something she didn't like, Then he reserves the right to return the favor and punch her in the box. IT HURTS JUST THE SAME. Can't want equality but then want to pick and choose what equal rights you get. Women have the capacity for greater violence than men. Men are reactionary and instinctive, women plan and fight dirty. I have never seen a dude hit another dude in the nuts in a fist fight, not saying it doesn't happen just haven't seen it. women fight other women they will bite another woman's boob (seen it often), rip her scalp off (seen it often), will fish hook her opponents vagina and go for blood (wish i didn't see it).

I'll never initiate violence on anyone or put my hands on a woman in force. But I have a temper that makes me blackout, go on kamikaze autopilot for 5 mins, then I come to and Mayhem had visited my opponents face. My solution when attacked if I catch myself in time is to sit on my opponent while they are face down and limbs pinned. They will calm down or I won't get up.

• KemaVA

10/15/2012 at 2:26 PM

"School in Jamaica, Queens, NYC will show you some things you never thought possible till you witness it. "

Hah!!! I went to Van Buren… A chick pulled out her pad… yes maxi pad… and smacked / smeared it across the other girls face.

• ChloeRayne516

10/15/2012 at 3:47 PM

"Hah!!! I went to Van Buren… A chick pulled out her pad… yes maxi pad… and smacked / smeared it across the other girls face"__*recordscratch* WTF!!!__Nah, you see that right there we would've had a re-enactment from the movie "Carrie" I would have been hearing .. "they gonna laugh at you" and just start fcuking up everybody.__

• KemaVA

10/15/2012 at 3:53 PM

Girlllll!!!! The chick that had this happen to her was friends with one of my friends and I got to see the damage close up. She had a very bad rash on her cheek the next day. Ewwwww….

10/15/2012 at 4:04 PM

Well. Damn..

10/15/2012 at 6:13 PM

Btw, you are on timeout from telling stories.

15. Just My 2 Cents

10/15/2012 at 1:07 PM

This is such a good debate. I personally think that the driver was the victim and he was being verbally and physically abused by this passenger.

I wish he would have actually CALLED the police and had her a$s arrested instead of using his fist as the police to serve justice on her as$.

She was not worth losing his good paying job with benefits because he will lose his job over this. He knew he could have beat the breaks off that little, grown as$ woman and he let his anger get the best of him and took out all his aggression by almost knocking her head off, then choking this sh$t out of her.

I don't feel sorry for the young woman AT ALL. I feel bad for the bus driver because that day was just not his day.

Have this passenger seen this video yet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-BRHjsnCc ? It's probably her man getting his as$ whoop too.

• cynicaloptmst81

10/15/2012 at 1:24 PM

"From the looks of the fight, he use to be a professional BOXER and a PIMP in his younger days."

DEAD from THIS!!!!!! lol

Great observation…

• Just My 2 Cents

10/15/2012 at 3:57 PM

The choking the b$tch technique is no amateur move either. You get that from years of pimping. LOL . He may need to make another career move anyway.

• Lia

10/15/2012 at 2:57 PM

I know right! Lol, when I first saw the video I had a moment of pause after he threw that punch like "Wait, did he just throw an uppercut???". That is not an amateur move to execute. He's one of them old cats who actually knows technique…

10/15/2012 at 4:03 PM

*DEAD AND GONE*

16. Smilez_920

10/15/2012 at 1:54 PM

Well someone tweeted her timeline on my timeline. She is def getting a check . According to her 90k . And yes she just bought a range rover lol. While I don't feel pitty for her the whooping only taught her a temporary lesson. I'm sure the bus company just paid her off instead of going to court since neither of them pressed charges, they probably settled for the outed amount . ( this is just what was tweeted might not be legit )

She doesn't seem like she learned the lesson everyone thought the butt whooping would teach her. I hope she doesn't get a reality show off of this.

I still think both parties are wrong. Karmas a witch next time it will be a woman whose not on the clock to hand her a butt whooping when she steps out of pocket. Sometimes walking away is the best thing to do but I can see where the bus drivers anger came from, Welp lesson learned on both ends .

• cynicaloptmst81

10/15/2012 at 3:02 PM

She's getting money?!

*packs up and moves*

• ChloeRayne516

10/15/2012 at 3:34 PM

"According to her 90k . And yes she just bought a range rover loll"

Hope this isn't truth. if so……

*smdh* at the foolery.. She just spent 75% of her check on a depreciating asset that she can't turn for a profit. #WeHave2DoBetter

• MistaHarsh

10/15/2012 at 3:50 PM

But my dear Chloe did you really expect someone who behaves like this to possess some type of financial prowness?

I really feel sorry for the bus driver I'm sure his reaction was pent up anger from his 22+ years of service dealing with ignornant people who take transit everyday. Hope he gets to keep his pension

10/15/2012 at 4:02 PM

The fact that she's 25 and couldn't come up with bus fare shows that she probably doesn't have an exemplary financial background.

10/15/2012 at 4:02 PM

This can't be life.

10/15/2012 at 2:05 PM

Whats sad about this is that the bus driver most likely had no prior experience on how to handle this situation nor is he given the proper protection in terms of equipment and safety precautions but everyone is saying he should be fired.

Police officers are trained extensively and deal with physical harm more frequently yet they receive more passes when it comes to the use of excessive force. Go figure

10/15/2012 at 4:00 PM

GOOD POINT!

18. Double K

10/15/2012 at 4:44 PM

I'm jumping between a few different sites about this topic so I'm just going to copy/paste if you don't mind….

I love how everybody says he should have called the police like that’s a realistic solution. You know how long it would have taken the police to arrive on the scene. Even if it were 2 minutes (which is extremely fast), you have now entered an unknown variable to the equation, how that person would react to the news of him calling the police. The bus driver made a judgement call, albeit a bad one, and went for what he though would work 100%, the uppercut.

10/15/2012 at 5:17 PM

Completely agree.

19. Just My 2 Cents

10/15/2012 at 6:11 PM

Most importantly, what happen to the girl ponytail? She had it on in the beginning of the video and then it disappeared after the fight. *going back to do further research*

He knocked that squirrel fur completely off! It looks like he knocked it back to the store she brought it from. LMAO

Ok, I'm done. *riding the transit to film more quality videos like this*

10/16/2012 at 1:30 AM

LOL

10/16/2012 at 1:31 AM

So quick question to all the ladies viewing this, were BOTH parties wrong in THIS scenario TOO:

• iluvwhoiluv

10/16/2012 at 10:11 AM

In response to the link to the You Tube video, I think she was definitely wrong. She was the one all in his face yelling, even spitting on him. Then she ran and jumped on him.

10/16/2012 at 11:28 AM

According to some of the women here, I'm sure HE should have done MORE to prevent HER actions.

21. iluvwhoiluv

10/16/2012 at 10:07 AM

An interesting point that hasn't been brought up yet…once the passengers saw the violence escalating, how come no one stepped in until after the bus driver delivered the blow? I know some people are like, "If it isn't about me, I stay out of it," but she was hitting him while he was driving; if the bus driver had lost control of the vehicle, more people could have gotten hurt besides the bus driver.

I would comment on the violence, but most of you have that nipped in the bud.

10/16/2012 at 11:30 AM

Good point.

22. John J

10/16/2012 at 4:43 PM

Ol' girl was wrong and got the improper check she wrote cashed with interest. If you hit and spit on someone, male or female or not, expect some retaliation and don't be surprised if it's more physical than you think it should be. Too many women think their vagina gives them a pass/right to do whatever it is they can think of to men physically without consequence. Being a woman OR a man, if you physically start a fight, aren't in a boxing ring or an octagon, and there's no referee, THERE ARE NO RULES! Yes, the guy is a public employee and yes, you have to have some thick skin dealing with the public, but where is it set in stone he HAD to take all of that. In my opinion, he handled it probably as best as he could, because I seriously doubt bus drivers are REALLY taught how to deal with unruly passengers and especially those that physically attack you WHILE DRIVING.. She was a threat not only him, but everyone on the bus as well, and in my eyes he handled the situation accordingly, saving all the passengers and himself by stopping the bus and removing the threat. I find it amazing that in all of the clips, including the one that shows when she steps on the bus, all those camera phones were in use and no one thought about calling the police until AFTER the aggressor gets subdued. Better yet, why didn't anyone else tackle her simple behind for putting the whole bus in danger? Was it legally right (within his job rules and possibly the court of law)what that 59 year old driver did? Probably not, but he taught that 25 year old woman the morally correct way to respond to nonsense…