Hate Chris Brown All You Want But Don’t FRONT Like ABUSE Is The REAL Issue

I am NOT a fan or Stan of Chris Brown, and I never will be. When he came out I thought he was talented but I clearly missed the hype-train that everyone else saw. After his Rihanna woman-beating episode I continued to give very few F*^KS about him or his personal life as usual, and as much as I thought the incident was WILD and disgusting, I never deify celebrities, so seeing him as a dumb-ass young dude who made a stupid DECISION was easy for me. But I must admit, I’m getting SICK and F*^KING TIRED of people using a serious issue such as DOMESTIC ABUSE as the front for their rabid dislike of Chris Brown.

This past weekend, Twitter comedian Jenny Johnson [who I follow and think is HILARIOUS] went in on Chris Brown on Twitter which sparked a heated exchange between her and Breezy. She initiated the entire incident by calling him a worthless piece of sh*t [out of absolutely NO WHERE], to which he then proceeded to talk about how much he wants to sh*t directly in her retina [his words, not mine]. After this exchange Chris ended up deleting his Twitter account with the quickness, and the celeb-following blogs went in on CHRIS for being a vulgar, misogynistic douchebag, while simultaneously painting Jenny as a righteous defender of womanhood who was victimized and BULLIED [yes, I heard a few sites actually use that term]. The problem with Jenny and many other Chris Brown “haters” is that their dislike is NOT predicated on being a true advocate for stopping “women-beaters” – they are opportunistic jackasses who are using a SERIOUS ISSUE such as domestic abuse, to castigate and insult ONE man, instead of addressing the REAL cause they are suppose to be defending which has A LOT more villains than just Breezy.

Like I wrote last week about Alicia Keys and the hypocritical teg-a-regs who go in on her in a self-righteous rage for being a home wrecker, but never talk about anyone else who does it, I’m DISGUSTED by the actions of men and women like Jenny who hide behind a veil of “supporting women” in their attacks on Chris Brown, when they don’t make a concerted effort to address anyone else. Why the F*^K is their rage NEVER directed at ANY other men who abuse women?

What about:
- Charlie Sheen: Shot his fiancee in 1990 and had a string of assaults leading up to 2011 against his ex-wife
– Gary Oldman: Abused his ex-wife
– Mel Gibson: Currently serving 3 years probation for abusing his girlfriend in 2010
– Nicholas Cage: Sued by his ex-girlfriend in 2009 for physical abuse
– Vanilla Ice: Arrested in 2008 for beating his wife
– Terrence Howard: Arrested in 2001 for assaulting his wife
– Bill Murray: Assaulted his wife in 2008 and told her “she’s lucky he didn’t kill her.”
– Wesley Snipes: Abused Halle Berry
– Jason Kidd: Assaulted his wife in 2001
– Santonio Holmes: Choked out his baby mother in 2006
– Tonya Harding: WHOOPS, this is a case of a woman abusing her husband, and we ALL know that DOESN’T count, right?
– And the list goes on…

What’s funny about all those above celebs is they can release new movies, new albums, new reality TV shows and other projects and these “DOMESTIC ABUSE FIGHTERS” remain painfully silent. But GOD FORBID, Chris Brown releases an album or wants to do a concert, and they will rally together to fight the power. If that doesn’t seem F*^KED UP to you, I don’t know what to tell you.

Rihanna posted this pic of Chris Brown laid up in her bed this weekend – I think it’s safe to say there are women who deserve MORE help than her

If there are any women out there who just HATE Chris Brown because of what he did and REFUSE to support him, I completely understand and I have no problem with you. But, if you act as if your hate for Chris Brown is NOT personally predicated on him, but moreso his actions of being a wife-beater which offends you as an advocate of domestic abuse, YET you don’t castigate any OTHER domestic abusers – GO F*^K YOURSELF.

11/27/2012 at 5:16 AM

Ladies & Gentlemen, What Are YOUR Thoughts On Chris Browns Domestic Abuse Issues? Does He Get Unfairly Labelled As The Poster Boy For Domestic Violence?

11/27/2012 at 5:42 AM

Honestly I felt it was a fight. I don't know Robyn personally but if she is spiteful like most Bajans, I say it was a fight. With that out of the way, I don't like what it escalated to regardless of who she or he is etc. I'm not a fan either but if he drops something good I will listen and like.

Because of their status he will be the de facto poster boy for it and sadly so too. People relate to what's recent, popular (notorious) and celebrity driven and that's the only reason why. I will always condemn what he did but agree we must beat (no pun intended) everyone else who does anything like this with the same stick. Of you above examples, I know of a few of those as I don't follow celebrity things so I don't have much to say on those but if it is so we have to look at all of them not only Chris

11/27/2012 at 11:47 AM

YO! This is why I only speak about this issue with fellow Bajans cause only we get what PROBABLY happened. Bajan women can press buttons like no other, and altho Chris is a d-bag, I still think they fought and he took shit too far.

• Gina

12/01/2012 at 11:26 AM

Someone in the industry told me what ALLEGEDLY happened that night. I don't know if it's true, no one does. The only ones who do are Chris and Rihanna. I listen to both and don't really care about their personal lives MUCH. But what I don't understand is–why are people so angry? It's not our lives.

11/27/2012 at 6:36 AM

Exactly . There are other ppl with a higher profile that received a pass. However the difference is Breezy beat up another high profile star and the pictures were available for all to see. If he had beaten Karuchuus(sorry!) No one would care.

If anything the hate or discussion should be directed towards Riri for taking her abuser back after bashing him publicly on numerous occasions.

11/27/2012 at 11:49 AM

I truly HOPE the discussion doesn't go there because I'm SICK of hearing about who Riri is or is not fucking. It's getting annoying now.

• Patrice

11/29/2012 at 10:07 AM

I totally agree!! Why hate Chris Brown so much when its Rihanna's dumb ass who had the whole world upset with the guy, then her triflin ass stole him from his new girlfriend!! Look how dumb that made all the Chris Brown haters look!!

4. WMF

11/27/2012 at 6:57 AM

Most of those celebrities you have listed didn't tell everyone to kiss their ass when they won a Grammy, nor did they offer to shit in anyone's eyes. Chris Brown does not carry himself like a professional whatsoever.

11/27/2012 at 11:48 AM

Pardon you? Charlie Sheen assaulted his girlfriend in 2011 and went on a "Go F*^K Yourselves" tour.

• Keeishy

11/27/2012 at 9:42 PM

Because the same nonsense keeps happening and people are becoming increasingly aware of the impact celebs have on others, particularly the youth, is it possible that people are just sick and tire and want to see a change? Unlike any of the names you've listed above, Chris Brown is most popular with the youth and from what I've heard, team breezy is a twitter force to reckon with. I don't neccesarily agree with the backlash he is receiving but I can understand it. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't considering that the vast majority of us can hardly claim to be consistent in our beliefs.

11/27/2012 at 11:14 PM

That's fine, but if people are concerned with the youth they should recognize Chris is not far removed from being one, and if they truly want to help the situation, trolling him on Twitter and randomly calling him a "piece of shit" does not but inflame the situation and further antagonize Brown.

That helps NO ONE.

5. Ken

11/27/2012 at 7:01 AM

Chris Brown gets a lot more attention than anyone on that list. He tours internationally – despite protests from hostile, local activist groups. He displays publicly a consistent neglect to care for his actions – "Ask Rihanna if she mad?". And he is in a position of public scrutiny based on his music and fame. That is why he receives so much negative attention. Do you see Mel Gibson playing to 10,000 people every second night? No. And how about Vanilla Ice? Chris Brown beat a woman. And now he consistently releases major label backed pop for teenagers to consume. It's a really dangerous message to be sending young people. People hate Chris Brown because they're concerned that there are millions of dollars behind a violent, ignorant young male. It's his exposure that they hate. And that's what they are trying to challenge. There are Chris Brown advertisements on public busses. There is no way to counter major label money. Except to vent online. And that's what these people are trying to do. You got it wrong.

• Kam

11/27/2012 at 10:05 AM

He displays publicly a consistent neglect to care for his actions? Are you serious with what you wrote right now?

Let me reference Charlie Sheen who in 2009 plead guilty to physically assaulting his wife and through 2010 – 2011 went a drug filled tirade leading to a cross country tour called "Charlie Sheen Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat Is Not an Option" which resulted in him being granted a prime time television sitcom on a major network.

Charlie Sheen never once apologized or showed any remorse for what he did. So what should Chris Brown do to show that he is truly sorry huh? do his is sentence that the judge gave him? oh right he did, it was community service, seek professional help? oh right he did do that, apologize? oh right he did that too.

Give me a break this comedian whatever her name is, is not concerned about the actual assault. She knows she would eventually get a rise out of Chris which would grant her 15 minutes.

Where is her concerned about Charlie Sheen who was granted a new sitcom on the one of the biggest television networks FOX and is aired overseas in Australia, Benelux, Canada, Germany, Latin America, New Zealand and Scandinavia. Where is her outrage? Charlie's show is the most-watched sitcom debut in cable history 5.74 million views. People are watching so where is her outrage on how he with a "a major broadcast network backing" might influence the general public. He is advertised on busses, billboards and television advertisements as well.

She wanted her 15 minutes and its a shame Chris should of never given it to her.

11/27/2012 at 11:50 AM

CHURCH!

• MistaHarsh

11/27/2012 at 1:32 PM

well done!

6. Smilez_920

11/27/2012 at 7:10 AM

Opportunist or not… Chris has to learn how to carry himself better . He did something wrong, when your in the spot light unfortunately your mistakes will be in the spot light as well. Chris needs to learn how not to respond. Not responding makes him look good , it helps destroy the angry man persona he has going on. He has to have tougher skin to be in this industry.

11/27/2012 at 11:51 AM

Agreed. Hopefully when he reactivates his account, he lets his publicist control it.

7. Paul B.

11/27/2012 at 8:11 AM

You left out a bunch of rappers. Lol People like so many of these so-called advocates against domestic violence look for the easiest targets to attack, and Chris Brown is as about as easy as they come. Oh, he's definitely not helping matters by the way he carries himself, but he may be considered the face of domestic violence. Not a fan of him, but I also know that nothing he does right will ever be enough for some people either, even if he did change the way he carries himself and apologizes a million times.

11/27/2012 at 11:53 AM

Bruh, if I really started in on rappers and ball players that list would have been a MILLION years long. As much as I LOVE Big Pun, there is a video of him gun butting the SHIT of his wife: http://youtu.be/TLl_ZLjUIPc

The same people hating on Chris still dance to "I'm Not A Player" when it comes on.

8. BeG

11/27/2012 at 8:21 AM

What Chris Brown did to Rihanna was wrong. But how long does he have to keep being reminded of what he did? People change. And he's supposed to let some random woman call him a "worthless piece of shit" and NOT respond? Those are very strong words. How many of us have done something we regret when we were younger? Would you want people to constantly bring it up even though it happened years ago? Chris Brown is in his early 20's, which is what people keep forgetting. Even though he is in the spotlight, he will continue making mistakes. But if people keep holding him to something he did years ago, why should he even feel the need to change? If Rihanna can move on, then so should society.

11/27/2012 at 11:54 AM

AGREED!

9. MissLia

11/27/2012 at 9:19 AM

He's a young black man living in America and he made a mistake. On top of that he's successful. Unfortunately, that says it all for me.

11/27/2012 at 11:54 AM

Yup. No one wants to touch the racial element, but it's very prevalent.

10. Smilez_920

11/27/2012 at 10:14 AM

@Beg … True. But with great fame comes great responsibility. In his best interest he has to kind of live by the Motto " sticks and stones ". If he is going to respond he has to choose his words wisely. It's just like if one of your coworkers disrespects you,( as long as its not physical ) there are certain procedures you take to resolve the issue . Basically Chris has to be a little more politically correct with his response.

I also wish ppl would let the situation go. If domestic violence worries you so much go help the women in your neighborhood who aren't famous , don't have a support system of other famous powerful women behind them, don't have access to a safe haven or an escape plan. Rihanna will be fine.

11/27/2012 at 11:54 AM

Very good points here. I agree.

11/27/2012 at 10:30 AM

My friends tapped the AMA's and we skipped to all of the performances. Chris Brown performed and the 3 of us were like "Chris has so much talent and is an actual performer but he will be his own demise."

Honestly, i haven't heard anyone (personally) criticize Chris Brown over beating up Rihanna. We have said that it is wrong but it is a passing comment. What my friends and i have all said is that his time may be cut short b/c it just seems like he doesn't care about life. There is something just off and sad about him.

There is nothing worse than wasted talent. (stolen from A Bronx Tale)

11/27/2012 at 11:55 AM

You don't know anyone who criticized Chris Brown for what he did to Rihanna? Seriously?

11/27/2012 at 12:30 PM

Like my friends and i said that he shouldn't have kicked her ass but my social circle doesn't talk about celebs like that. It was honestly a passing thought. I think many of us wanted to see him get the help that he needed and has never received. He was like 19 when that happened.

11/27/2012 at 2:36 PM

Oh ok I see what you mean. Yeah, I had the same reaction too.

• MistaHarsh

11/27/2012 at 2:18 PM

I disagree. I think he cares about life extremely. The problem he's having is that he can't separate caring about his life from caring what people think of him. The tragedy is that in the entertainment business a majority of it is based on what people think of you.

This is usually the downfall of a lot entertainers who become stars before they turn 18

11/27/2012 at 2:37 PM

YES! That's why I kind of agreed with Rihanna in that Oprah interview when she said he needs help…I think he might be on the path to Corey & Corey.

11/27/2012 at 3:23 PM

I mean he doesn't care about life in the sense that he is reckless and could give 2 craps. Chris may need to hit rock hard bottom before he understands how everything can be taken from you in one swoop.

12. alexxussknight

11/27/2012 at 12:08 PM

Thank you for the Charlie Sheen reference cause I know I watched that complete mental breakdown with rapt and intense curiosity. I will say this and I will continue to say this, it was a fight. In the Diane Sawyer interview Riri did not bash Chris she never called him out his name and initially she went back to him, some of this is probably attributed to how she was rasied and what she saw but some and probably more so this she was directly involved in the altercation. How else do you explain her behaviour, everyone else is so focused on him, what the heck clearly she's good with it, clearly she's over it, clearly she's doing what she wants to do. Chris did something wrong also has to do with his up brigining and how he was raised and what he saw and Chris publicly paid for his mistakes everyone needs to leave him alone now, it's full time. And I read the tweets first had Jenny did start it, and I don't think it's okay to call someone a piece of shit for a mistake that he made, which again we don't all know the details about. Leave the man alone, cause there is only so much that a person can take._

11/27/2012 at 2:38 PM

The fact that anyone feels sorry for Jenny when she is just a Twitter troll makes NO sense to me. She STARTED shit out of no where and got her ass e-treated. Where I come from that's called getting EXACTLY what you deserved.

• MistaHarsh

11/27/2012 at 3:30 PM

What I don't understand is that her responses lacked any sense of humor. If you are going to call someone out unprovoked you'd assume they would be ready with a quick wit response as a comedian. Instead she played the helpless victim and died a twitter death. CB would've been oasted if it was marlon wayons or Kevin Hart.

She failed twice as a concerned citizen and as a comedian.

11/27/2012 at 5:10 PM

YO! I said the same thing last night!

I was telling my homegirl how she let down all female comics last night! I think she was literally caught off guard when he went in, because most comics use a light jab to reel the person in and then hit them with that bus-driver uppercut once the person takes the bait. Breezy took the bait and all she could come with was:

"you mother must be very proud of you.."

That's why she's nothing but a WRITER because thinking quick on her feet and being able to come up with original comebacks WITHOUT having hours to perfect it and think about it, is OUTSIDE her wheelhouse..

• Patrice

11/29/2012 at 10:15 AM

EXACTLY!!! She jumped stupid and he shut her dumb ass down!! Point. Blank. Period! He was minding his own damn business, and her ignorant ass jumped on him! Yet noone cares to mention that! He should have cursed her ass out more than that!! She deserved it!!

13. Shaun

11/27/2012 at 5:42 PM

I'm TeamBreezy, have been from Run It till now! I blame Chris' PR team. He would get a Nokia 1100 and nothing else. But I have a saying "white is right and black is shite", Charlie Sheen is a perfect example of that. The only reason CB is getting so much hate is because he's black, yea I said it. The media never let MJ rest but I'm sure there are just as much messed up white actors/musicians out there. That's why I REFUSE to stop supporting Chris. If he lays hands on another woman then I will say he has a problem cause 'a leopard can't change his spots'. Until then I say let him grow up and stop riding his d*^k.
    Another aside, he has so much star potential, i think the media is scared.

11/27/2012 at 11:15 PM

Nokia 1100! HILARIOUS!

11/27/2012 at 6:48 PM

Food for thought:

If Marilyn Monroe someone ppl loved like RiRi now, was beat up by Joe DiMaggio and there were gruesome pictures made public for the world to see would he have received a Charlie Sheen pass or the Breezy treatment?

• MissLia

11/27/2012 at 7:25 PM

I dunno, that's a tossup to me. People loved Joe Dimaggio and it was deemed as more acceptable for men to put their hands on their wives back then. But then again, he was also Italian and they were discriminated against in those days. He was just very fortunate to excel at something the masses loved and was probably held in higher regards than a lot of Italians. My guess is that it would have been hidden from the public by both parties so no one would have found out…

• MistaHarsh

11/27/2012 at 10:11 PM

But people loved Marilyn too. Both cases are quite similar other than the fact that there was no internet and twitter. It would have been easier to hide it in those days but if it did come out I think the scandal would be a blow to his career. I think that's the issue here Chris did this to a HIGH profile celeb that is BEAUTIFUL. It will be hard to live down that moment however his saving grace is that his victim still loves him and wants to be with him so he can't be that much of a monster.

The end.

11/27/2012 at 11:16 PM

Good points.

• jennifer75

11/28/2012 at 12:21 AM

Her forgiving him should not be a testimony to his character, but rather, show how possibly imbalanced SHE is…not a good barometer…

• MissLia

11/28/2012 at 2:19 AM

The beauty and fame are definitely factors here, but they seem to be moreso tied to the sympathy that Rihanna gets as opposed to the lack of it received on Chris' end.

15. RPrice

11/27/2012 at 10:27 PM

I blame social media for all of this mess. Before social media, this Chris Brown would have faded into oblivion and we would be writing about something different. I'm with you, Linc. If people are so outraged about domestic violence, then they should be more involved in prevention, rather than bandwagonism of supposed anger at Chris Brown. Unlike you, Linc, I don't think that he is that talented and wish that people (Jenny Johnson) stop making him relevant.

11/27/2012 at 11:16 PM

I really think Jenny is trying harder to make HERSELF relevant than him.

16. J. Crawford

11/28/2012 at 12:45 PM

I read this and Saw this, and I have no dog in the situation anyways. My grandmother is from Barbados so if I ever find out I'm related to Miss Robyn Fenty I'm gonna feel some kind of way- the I've-been-Fantasizing-about-my-Cousin kind of way…. http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2012/11/in-defense