In the past five years, the Dallas Cowboys have seen this scenario play itself out before: Win your final game of the season against a division rival and you’re IN, lose and you’re OUT. It happened in 2008 when they lost 44-6 to the Eagles and last year (2011) when they lost to the Giants 31-14. Not only has Romo only won one playoff game in his career, but he has now lost THREE win-and-you’re-in games. Is it all his fault? By no means. But something is seriously WRONG in Dallas and they need to figure it out THIS offseason before overhauling the entire team.
Here’s my quick notes from Sunday:
- The Cowboys DON’T need to overhaul the coaching staff yet (Top 10 offence and defence)
- I’m all for teams NOT resting ALL their starters, but the Falcons didn’t need to keep ALL their dudes in during a meaningless game
- I don’t know why why I’m on his side still, but I don’t think firing Lovie is the answer
- Andrew Luck is MY rookie of the year and how he transformed this lottery team to 11 wins is incredible
- Adrian Peterson has arguably recorded the most impressive 2000 yard rushing season in NFL history (right after an ACL injury)
- The fact that Peyton and the Broncos are tied for the best record in the NFL speaks highly to his MVP credentials
Houston Texans VS. Cincinnati Bengals
I’m extremely UNIMPRESSED with the Texans and how they are finishing the season. Winning in the playoffs takes MOMENTUM and Houston does NOT have it right now. I have the Bengals winning a close game here because I don’t think Schaub can make enough plays against the Bengals D.
Baltimore Ravens VS. Indianapolis Colts
I love how the Colts are playing and they are hot right now, while conversely I have NO idea what Ravens team we will see in the wild card round. I think the Ravens will win this game because of the experience factor – and Ray Lewis will be back.
Minnesota Vikings VS. Green Bay Packers
Even though the Vikings beat them on Sunday, Aaron Rodgers will eventually hurt that secondary. I got the Packers winning this going away.
Seattle Seahawks VS. Washington Redskins
I HAVE THE SEAHAWKS. I like RG3, but Russell Wilson is playing like a BOSS right now.
This Is Your Conscience